Could Big Bert Be A Good Fit With The Habs?

The-Habby2919

How about Thornton? He's a bigger bonus to SJ than Theo is to Colorado. Not putting Theo down. He's looked sharp but Thornton deserves mention.

Bertuzzi I suspect will go to Toronto. They love the contravercy. Why not? They could get Avery too. :D

I thought about putting Joe in there but I didn't think it was all his fault for Boston trading him... the whole team was playing bad and he was just a scapegoat. :hlogo:

Oh my, Bertuzzi in a HABS uniform? I don't hope so ...

This guy might regain his form but it would be a disgrace for the whole HABS franchise to pay such an idiot some bucks. It would be the same if we'd sign Avery to a contract ... Bert, stay out of this team!

If the Montreal Canadiens ever put a lowlife scumbag like Todd Bertuzzi on the roster, I will have to give serious thought to taking down all of the Habs gear around my place, boxing it up, and burying it deep in storage until he's off the roster. I'd have to be a Sens fan for awhile I guess. That's how strongly I feel about Bertuzzi.

bert will be a better fit with :hlogo: or any other team than with the canucks right now. he needs a new start like Dany Heatley got in Ottawa, so that he can play like the star that he is. I am a huge bert fan and yet, i know that staying with the canucks is the worst thing for him. and as for the people saying he will be treated worse in MTL i totally disagree because look at Brad May. he was the one who said "there is a bounty on steve moore's head" and now he plays for colorado and is loved.

Brad May isn't the guy who stalked Moore, punched him in the head from behind, then drove his head into the ice breaking his neck. What Brad May said, and what Todd Bertuzzi did, are two totally different things and to compare them is bullshit.

Now Todd Bertuzzi is crying that fans boo him everywhere he goes....well maybe he should have thought about that before driving a defenseless persons head into the ice.

No thank you. Mr. Bertuzzi cannot play on my team.

Oh my, Bertuzzi in a HABS uniform? I don't hope so ...

This guy might regain his form but it would be a disgrace for the whole HABS franchise to pay such an idiot some bucks. It would be the same if we'd sign Avery to a contract ... Bert, stay out of this team!

Absolutely

If the Montreal Canadiens ever put a lowlife scumbag like Todd Bertuzzi on the roster, I will have to give serious thought to taking down all of the Habs gear around my place, boxing it up, and burying it deep in storage until he's off the roster. I'd have to be a Sens fan for awhile I guess. That's how strongly I feel about Bertuzzi.

Maybe going a bit too far, but I kinda feel the same way

While I agree that we could definitely benefit from someone with Bert's skills (If he plays to his potential), the more I think about it, Bert just wouldn't fit in with our organization. Let's save our money for someone better, without any baggage, and who won't bring disgrace to the bleu, blanc et rouge...

While I agree that we could definitely benefit from someone with Bert's skills (If he plays to his potential), the more I think about it, Bert just wouldn't fit in with our organization. Let's save our money for someone better, without any baggage, and who won't bring disgrace to the bleu, blanc et rouge...

Exactly. Bertuzzi would crumble in Montreal.

Yeah.... I still think that getting Arnott, Selanne, and either Kubina or D. Markov through UFA would be great. But Bert when playing to what he is capable of is still a good player. :hlogo:

Lol.. Imagine him and Avery going to the Laffs..... if they did the Laffs fans would praise them as the saviours of the franchise.

:hlogo:

No thanks. From rumours coming out of Vancouver and the way the analysts talk, this guy is cancer. Bad attitude, and he can't figure out why people are still booing him. This guy has no remorse over what he did, and only cares about himself.

Even if he could help Montreal, I wouldn't want him in the lineup. But I'm sure somebody somewhere will take him.

Besides you can see it now. Bertuzzi goes into a slump and the fans will easily turn to booing him, and razing him about the Moore thing. Theres too much pressure in Montreal for someone like him. He'd crack

Have to agree - wouldn't want this problem case if it were my choice? All that talent & potential and no brains!

Pass.........

exactly!! no way. we finally got rid of the cancer in montreal.

getting bertuzzi would only make us take a step back

Well it would seem the majority of people would rather not see Bertuzzi in a Canadiens uniform.

It'll be interesting to see what Montreal does, in regards to UFA's, in the offseason if anything. I don't really see them doing much of anything.