Bouillion And Koivu Etc.

Nilan25

I hope all you guys that were marginalizing Bouillions contribution when he was hurt watched the last two games. He has been our most consistent defenceman. He is dishing and taking hits, getting the puck out and across the red line, showing a huge heart. What is wrong with Saku Koivu? He seems to be forced to the outside, his passing is off and his line mates are suffering. The one positive in his game was he was pretty damn good in the faceoff circle. The following earned an A for effort: Bonk (Cherry featured him), Plekanec, Kovalev, Ribero ( all effort), Rivet, Bulis. I hope Souray is back for the next game because we do not want Dandenault and Komisarek racking up the minutes they did last night.

Thank you! Yes, many have dismissed or downplayed Bouillon's contributions. This guy will take a bullet for the team, and he virtually did that in overtime. Anybody see where the Canes player slapped the puck out during a Mtl powerplay, only to have Bouillon knock it down? Not only does he block shots in the defensive zone, but in the o-zone as well! That shot was a bullet, too. There was another time when the camera was on him on the bench, bleeding away. This guy is a warrior.

Sometimes a player's impact is not limited to his God-given talent, and that's certainly the case here. The effort of this guy can't help but influence the players around him. Anybody who thinks his work is run-of-the-mill is kidding themselves, and letting unknown biases affect their judgement. I can only be glad that Gainey is running the show: As usual, Frankie was top 4 in minutes (#3 actually, because of Souray's injury)... and #4 (Dandenault) was a full 6 minutes less!

Bob knows.

I What is wrong with Saku Koivu? He seems to be forced to the outside, his passing is off and his line mates are suffering....................

Not to mention that the guy can't stay on his skates. Count how many times he falls a game. Its incredible. And its not because he's tripped or hit. The guy just loses an edge and falls all over the place. I betcha its atleast 3 or 4 times a game. Usually in the offensive zone

Not to mention that the guy can't stay on his skates. Count how many times he falls a game. Its incredible. And its not because he's tripped or hit. The guy just loses an edge and falls all over the place. I betcha its atleast 3 or 4 times a game. Usually in the offensive zone

maybe he is plaining with some lower-body strain or sprain? A weak ankle or something?

Well then he's been playing with if or months now. A while ago I posted a similar comment. He's just falling down. No explanation. He doesn't grimmace, or isn't slow to get up. Nothing that would lead me to believe there is an injury.

I wonder if it’s Carolina’s crappy ice. I’ve been noticing a lot of blown tires throughout both game 1 and 2.

Give them kudos here because Harry Neale on the CBC telecast won't... that's for damn sure. At least Jim Hughson can call a relatively unbiased game. It's annoying when we watch US telecasts or Leaf telecasts we get biased home broadcasters... but when Montreal is on the CBC we get Harry Neale who constantly calls them down. Aargh!

Don't forget Zednik either. He took a bad penalty but he's also skating around similar to a few years ago. He's not there yet... but he's starting to make himself noticed too.

With the koivu comment i see it happening also , i am a big hard core koivu fan lol but , i dont know i think he needs more playable linemates for one thing. and i noticed a lil bit of tiredness in his game not sure if anyone els noticed?

With the koivu comment i see it happening also , i am a big hard core koivu fan lol but , i dont know i think he needs more playable linemates for one thing. and i noticed a lil bit of tiredness in his game not sure if anyone els noticed?

I don't think you can hang Koivu's lacklustre play on his linemates.