The Seven Year Itch.

Ron McLean brought this up tonight.... the habs up until 93 always scratched that 7 year itch for the cup.

79, 86, 93..... We all know that 2000 was a disaster but alas the next 7 years is up next season and the Habs are now twice as itchy. 2007 IS THE HABS YEAR!!!!! BG WILL PUT THEM ON THE ICE AND ONCE ON THE ICE THEY WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!! :hlogo:

:ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

Not going to see a cup in Montreal for a few years yet. Not unless they drastically upgrade their offence this summer

Thats what im hoping BG will do with about 9 million in cap space this summer. :hlogo:

How do you figure $9 Million?

Well we were sitting on about 36 mil, then we trade Theo, that dropped it to about 33. Bulis, Ribs, Streit, and Simpson probably wont be back thats about another 3. That gives us 33. Cap is expected to go up to at leas 42... SOOOOO.......... that all figures up to be about 9 million... or at least it does to me.

:hlogo:

I think Huet is going to cost more to resign than some people on this board think.

Yeah id say about 2.5 to 3 million. So I guess after resigning Huet BG will have about 6 left. :hlogo:

I think Huet is going to cost more to resign than some people on this board think.

Sure, he has bargaining power, but he still only played half a season and one playoff series. He is in no position to demand tons of money. He'll sign a decent one year deal and prove why he should earn more.

Well we were sitting on about 36 mil, then we trade Theo, that dropped it to about 33. Bulis, Ribs, Streit, and Simpson probably wont be back thats about another 3. That gives us 33. Cap is expected to go up to at leas 42... SOOOOO.......... that all figures up to be about 9 million... or at least it does to me.

I'll agree with the Cap number, but realistically Montreal will only spend up to about $38 to $39 Million. They, as most teams have, have said that they don;t wanna bump up against the cap as they wanna have room at the end of the year for trades and call ups.

So Montreal really has maybe $5 Million to spend, and when you figure they need to sign two goalies, and a bunch of forwards, there is no money left for free agents.

I know, it bums me out too

He wont get more than 1.5 - 2. Remember he was a throw in last year. But i guess there might be some gms ready to throw big bucks at a guy for a great 3 and a half months.

Youre right, I never thought of that..... Damn I wish we didnt have such big underused contracts like Bonk, Zednik, Souray and Rivet. Oh well. BG will think of someway to make them better.

He wont get more than 1.5 - 2. Remember he was a throw in last year. But i guess there might be some gms ready to throw big bucks at a guy for a great 3 and a half months.

Exactly. There are GM's out there who will throw $3 to $4 million at him. Just look at CHicago with Khabibulan....they gave him $27 Million or something, and he's a bust. That franchise is ruined for the next 4 years or so. Just because GM's can't help themselves.

Besides there'll be a number of teams looking for goalies and very few good ones on the market. Vancouver, Toronto, Tampa Bay are just a few that will be looking

Not going so see Koas be any optimistic for a few years yet. Not unless he drastically upgrade's his brain this summer :D

lol..

No we're going to have some cap space this season. More than the average team.

Sure, he has bargaining power, but he still only played half a season and one playoff series. He is in no position to demand tons of money. He'll sign a decent one year deal and prove why he should earn more.

This is the same underrated guy who almost saved the LA playoff hopes a couple of seasons ago when Cechmanek got wounded. He's also the same guy who came in out of the cold to lead us to the playoffs and almost bring us to the second round.

He's worth much more than many will estimate. He IS a real deal.

No cup next year but an improved team for sure.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Some of you seriously need to get real. Huet will not get more then 2.5M$, trust me on that one. The ones that think otherwise need a serious reality check.

As for cap space, here a quick analysis to prove that we have plenty for you negative ones out there (cough..Kaos..cough).

Goalies: Huet and Aebischer won't be back together. One of the 2 at 2.5 plus Danis at 1, so 3.5 for goalies.

Defense: Rivet (2.4), Souray (2.4), Dandenault (1.7), Markov (1.75), Komisarek (1), Bouillon (1), Streit (0.5), so 10.25 for D

Offense: Koivu (4.75), Higgins (1.3), Ryder (2), Ribeiro (1.8), Kovalev (4.5), Kostitsyn (1), Bonk (2.4), Zednik (1.9), Plekanec (0.7), Begin (0.7), Perezhogin (1), plus 2 more at 0.5 each, so about 23.

For a total of about 37M$. This means that we have at least 5M$ (cap will be at least 42, if not 46) plus the salary of the players we get rid of to upgrade.

Bob knows that defense is not our problem, scoring is and it clearly showed during these playoffs. He will be looking to find an upgrade, a scorer.

I have a guy in mind. Havlat. He loves Montreal and he owns a house here in Montreal, he will be a UFA, he's on fire during these playoffs and Ottawa won't have the cash to sign him, with Chara, Redden to be resigned and they have Hasek probably retiring, so they will have to replace him.

Edited by Komisarek the Cruncher