Best Goal Of The Year

Fanpuck33

http://www.rbkgreatestgoal.ca/viewvideos.asp

Note: Watch as both Jason Spezza and Patrice Bergeron undress Sheldon Souray.

From a veteran coach's perspective - the Bergeron goal is not Souray's fault!

The goat on that play is Rivet. He did not close the lane to the net. He played the puck and did not move to the middle, which would have A/ forced Bergeron outside or B/ stopped Bergeron cold between Souray & Rivet.

Rivet blew that play and as a result made Souray look worse than he really was on that goal.

I voted for Connolly's goal.

Question though - why is the women's goal in the top 3 with votes? To be honest, it really isn't that amazing... unless I missed something...

Gerbe's goal was nice though, if we had that sort of speed on our team...

Who has rights to him? Anyone?

Question though - why is the women's goal in the top 3 with votes? To be honest, it really isn't that amazing... unless I missed something...

Connolys was a really nice one too :) I bet noone here voted for Bergeron or Spezza? :P since they were on us.

I was thinking the same thing, you don't even get to see the goal. Maybe it's horny guys who think they have a shot if they vote for her? :P

And I voted for Spezza's goal. :D Spez is one of my favourite players in the league, I had to. And it was just such a beauty of a deke.

Easily the best goal is Ovechkin's. Yeah, there was some luck involved, but it's not like he didn't mean to make that shot. To get it to go in in that situation was amazing.

Agreed. The athleticism he showed in just being able to twist his body while still holding onto the stick and guiding it towards the net is freaking amazing. I'd probably snap a few things if I tried to do that.

Connolly. Top shelf where mama hides the cookies! Gotta love Rick Jeanneret. Call a cop! Call a cop! He robbed him blind. Gotta love him.

I haven't voted yet. Hasn't decided.

Ovechkin KNOWS where the net is. Like a sick sixth sense. Amazing and unreal. I think Ovechkin will score more sick goal in the NHL.

I don't like Patrice Bergeron for beeing a Habs-killer but that goal was perfect. Every player made the right thing and the Habs couldn't do a thing. It's not an spectacular individual play but more a perfect offensive play.

Tim Conolly... That's a goal. Amazing but the defence was passive. Still... A great goal.

Nikolai Zherdev does it all by himself when the team needs it the most. That's special. Nikolai Zherdev versus 6 players and Zherdev wins.

Marek Maliks goal... I don't know how many times I've seen it before. Don't know if it's because I live in Europe but that move is made by most kids in the bantam series. If it had been during regular play then it would have been different. Now it's a penaltyshot and he has all the time in the world and the move itself isn't new...

Jason Spezza's move was cool but Souray should have nailed him.

Ovechkin or Bergeron. Maybe even Conolly. I'll sleep on this one.