Redden Signs With Sens

jetsniper

Probably, Chara is pretty much on his way out of Ottawa.

I was kinda hoping if Blake couldn't come to a deal, we might take a run at Redden. Kinda sucks because I don't think we'll reach a deal with Robbie. We've only got today and tomorrow.

Yes - that's one more off the market for Toronto fans to speculate on.......

And that's all that matters as he wasn't going to Montreal!

Well, he took a bit of a hometown discount one supposes..but he's still getting paid as much as Chris Pronger. I'd take Pronger over Redden...provided he'd want to stay.

Chara probably headed to FA then. Too bad for the Sens I guess, but htey've had their chances to win the Cup for so many years in a row now.

That's a lot of money, but per dollar you get so much more value with Redden than McCabe.

Hopefully this will put downward pressures on defensemen prices.

And Chare will go for nothing less than the max $$$.. I don't think the Sens have enough cap room left to afford that.

For Chara's sake, I hope he doesn't go for the max. He's a good defenseman, but another I find that is overrated.

Don't you mean for the sake of the team that signs him? :D I'm sure Chara won't mind being overpaid.

Well, for both...Chara will have the pressure of being the highest paid dman and get labeled with the bust category. But like you said, I don't think that would bother him too much. For the team paying him, however...

Well, good for them... we weren't going to get him anyway.

There's other stuff on our horizon.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

So I've lowered myself to checking Eklund for Blake updates. Noticed that he said he expects the Habs to make atleast one huge trade or signing and thinks Chara could possibly be it. I also like the fact he said Elias could be an Av. How we afford it, I don't know but that'd be sweet.

Ecklund is a moron who doesn't look at the cap situation of most teams before putting up stupid rumors.

The Avs, the Laffs, The Flyers and other teams are already maxed out...no room for big signings, just affordable cheap guys.

The Laffs are already at 32M$ (including Belfour's and Domi's buyout) and still need to sign 10 players and they want to get Roberts at 2.5M$ ????

Go ahead JFJ, please get Roberts :lol:

Rumors of Arnott going to the Laffs are too funny. They can't afford a 4-5M$ guy anymore.