Rumor: Zherdev To Montreal

habsrock_6

A 21 years old 4 th pick overall that dazlle like the best of them and that scored 27 goals on

his second NHL season is worth much more than this rumor suggested.

Why would Columbus downgrade to Perezhogin ? to get a D in Sourey......this doesn't

make sens. If Columbus need to improve their D situation they only have to pick one tomorow

in this year rich UFA D market.........no need to sacrifice Zherdev.......unless they want Pronger.

The section of June after the Finals suck for the most part. For a couple weeks you have the draft and speculation on trades and moving up or whatever. But after that is absolutely dull. Atleast UFA opens up tomorrow.

Yup and it was deadly worse before the net. I'd have to go cold turkey after the last edition of The Hockey News and sort of wander around in a hockey fog. It's not as if I collapsed into a fetal position for the next eith to twelve weeks but, as a Canadiens fan who was fed to the brim during the course of the year, to have to 'suffer' this sudden stop was kind of weird.

Now, there's boards like this that help to keep this child in the groove till the grave. Yessssssssss............

:king: :hlogo: :king:

The Blue Jackets just traded Marc Denis for Freddie Modin and Fredrk Noreina (who is a goalie)

Perhaps this is clearing the way for this deal, which would allow them to bolster their D with Sourray, and still recieve back a legitimate prospect in Perezhogin, while avoiding any hassle of trying to sign Zherdev.

Sorry to shatter your dreams but that isn't happening.

hockeytraderumours of however it's spelled is the WORST site for rumours.

It's all but speculations with no backed up reports of fact.

Hell, I could say Souray and Perezhogin from Pronger on that site and some people will believe me.

with the trade the bluejackets made, maybe gainey will add abby in the deal as well, so we will get a little more in return. supposedly gainey is announcing the bouillon signing at 5, and something else. maybe it will have to do with zherdev?

The Blue Jackets just traded Marc Denis for Freddie Modin and Fredrk Noreina (who is a goalie)

Perhaps this is clearing the way for this deal, which would allow them to bolster their D with Sourray, and still recieve back a legitimate prospect in Perezhogin, while avoiding any hassle of trying to sign Zherdev.

Still,..why would Columbus willingness to upgrade their defence be done at the expense of sacrificing Zherdev

when D improvement could simply be acheived by getting themselves a D from the UFA market ?

I don't recall him ever playing on the PK, but I do remember him skating hard at times and laying down good hits. He layed out a few Canes in the playoff series, about the only Habs action I saw this season. Also, he's the one who possibly ended Keith Primeau's career with a big hit. I think he could end up being a fine two-way player if he puts his mind to it. He's got offensive talent, but has shown no offensive consistency.

As far as I can recall the playoffs, Plekanec was the spark of the team, hittings and skating and creating things. I can't recall Perezhogin standing out much.

That's not a knock on Zhog. He's not the typical defensively and physically shy offensive Russian winger; but I dont see him win the Selke neither.

Perezhogin hitting? Being a spark? Playing on the PK?

Maybe not PK, but I've made the highlight videos for the first two playoff matches and Perezhogin topped the list in appearances with big hits and good chances.

As far as I can recall the playoffs, Plekanec was the spark of the team, hittings and skating and creating things. I can't recall Perezhogin standing out much.

That's not a knock on Zhog. He's not the typical defensively and physically shy offensive Russian winger; but I dont see him win the Selke neither.

I disagree, Perez played very well in the playoffs. In fact, the whole Perez-Plek-Zed line played great.

Perez add grit and played hard in all the games. The kid as a lot of potential and I can't wait to see what he will do this year.

I'm of two minds about this rumoured 'trade'.

On the one hand, Zherdev is likely the more talented of the two players. As in most situations, the one who gets the better player is ususally the winner. The Canadiens would be most likely the winners here.

On the other hand, Perezhogin is a more 'complete' player. He does get his nose dirty and he does do the defensive stuff too whereas I don't know if Zherdev does that.

An uncertainty for me is that what kind of 'team' player is Zherdev? Perezhogin seems to be sold on doing his 'part' for the team's success. Does Zherdev think that way or is he a kind of prima donna?.... I don't know...... :?-

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I disagree, Perez played very well in the playoffs. In fact, the whole Perez-Plek-Zed line played great.

Perez add grit and played hard in all the games. The kid as a lot of potential and I can't wait to see what he will do this year.

IMHO: Yes, Zhog has some grit and yes, he played somewhat hard in the playoffs. However I didnt get the impression that he was standing out, at least not as much as Plekanec stood out. I think that Plekanec carried that line most of the time, which to be fair is more a knock on Zednik's selfish and inefficient style than on Perezhogin. At this point in time, Plekanec's game is just more mature than Zhog's; and I think its a direct consequence of that 2004-2005 season that Pleky got to play in the AHL while Zhog had to go back to Russia because of his AHL suspension.

All that crap just to explain that: I too was wondering if there wasn't a mistake between Plekanec and Perezhogin earlier in the trade.

Anyway. Back to the topic of the thread: I agree its a trade that would likely never happen. Neither teams have much to gain from it. Habs just can't afford the net loss of a top 4 d-man like Souray; and C-Bus can't afford to lose Zherdev for a similar winger with lower ceiling and an old d-man.

I'm not saying Zhog stood out as playing well, he just looked good compared to most of the rest of the team, who played like crap.

Plekanec was one player who stood above the rest in the playoffs, he was often the best player on the ice for the Habs.

Hell, I could say Souray and Perezhogin from Pronger on that site and some people will believe me.

Can I quote you as my "Informed Source" and submit this to Spactor, Spetor, Spector or whatever the gossip monger's name is.

I will look like a :king: for the day. :D

Edited by InsaneAVSfan