2006 Summer Ufa Thread

Tony

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry Jets, I'm sure Blake will sign with the Avs.

You know what, with all the greedy players signed (I mean comon, look at those salaries, it's unreal), the rest of the quality UFAs will take time to sign since their most likely exploring their best options and aren't following the biggest trail of money *cough*Chara-Savard-Kubina-Jovanovski*cough*

Edited by Tony

He is young and will do well with guys like Sakic in the dressing room. Everyone always thinks the worst of a player. In Ottawa they have no clue how to win and did not utilize his offensive abilities. Time will tell if this is a good signing.

WTF Chara goes to Boston for 1 mere more million than he would had with Ottawa

That show he's really not a team player at all.

My take on the signings today:

GOOD

Zdeno Chara, Boston - Instant respectability, he's worth the dough

Marc Savard, Boston - 4mil a yr is fair value for him

Curtis Brown, San Jose - Brown will return to form in his old town

Pavel Kubina, Toronto - The Leafs got an extremely good top four defenseman. Money's a bit much; but they got what they needed.

Andrei Zyuzin, Calgary - Could thrive under Sutter's guidance, likely didnt break the bank

BAD

Matt Cullen, New York - High Risk. Long term deal worth close to 3mil per for a guy who has yet to crack 50pts

UGLY

Hal Gill, Toronto - Too slow, lacks footspeed, not built for new NHL, and a long term deal? No way

John Grahame, Carolina - 1.4mil for a guy who couldn't win a starting job over Sean Burke. Martin Gerber he ain't.

On the Mitchell signing, I thought I'd say that I told you so when I said Jovo was leaving and Mitchell was coming. ;)

UGLY

Hal Gill, Toronto - Too slow, lacks footspeed, not built for new NHL, and a long term deal? No way

John Grahame, Carolina - 1.4mil for a guy who couldn't win a starting job over Sean Burke. Martin Gerber he ain't.

I cannot figure both those signings either. The Leaf forum, AKA TSN your call has many of the leaf sheep saying this is great. Oh how they are about to find out the hard way how bad Gill is. A pylon on the ice for the speedy Habs to skate on by.

John Grahame is just as bad. What is up with that signing?

I think Boston's GM is a real smart guy.

I think you have sumed up what Boston has needed for many, many, many years. With the changes happening there I am now wondering if they will make the playoffs.

Someone would have to drop out though, Ottawa, Montreal, Buffalo? Leafs will not make it for the second year in a row.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan