One Year Of Waiting?

KoZed

This was announced for a while. I hated the transformers, thought they were stupid. Only liked Beast Wars.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

BEAST WARS!!!!!

btw - how frikkin excited are you for Dead Man's Chest! It comes out this friday (or is it Thursday at midnight).

PS: I just saw Donnie Darko (a hate it or love it movie) and I'm way on the love it side.

BEAST WARS!!!!!

btw - how frikkin excited are you for Dead Man's Chest! It comes out this friday (or is it Thursday at midnight).

PS: I just saw Donnie Darko (a hate it or love it movie) and I'm way on the love it side.

Man, you have no freakin idea. What sucks is I'm going to Invermere this weekend where they have 1 theater that plays 1 movie that is 4 months old. The closest updated theater is a 2 hour drive from where I'll be so I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to see it.

Keira though is on The Early Show on Thursday and is also hosting a radio program in England Thursday morning (which has web broadcasts so I'll definitely be listening)

I just saw part of one of the ads that made me laugh. You see Keira walk up in pirate gear and Johnny turns around and yells "Make sure you hide the rum!". :lol:

I have the first 2 seasons of the cartoon on DVD. (the first two seasons starting 1986 I think)

This movie looks like a superhit for the ones who know transformers.

I will most definitely see it.

Beasties > Beast Wars = Entertainment

Also Donnie Darko is one of the greatest movies of all time.

Thats great Kozed, the Transformers were great till they wenty into space. After that it was pure crap, i will look if i can find some of my old transformers (probably not ;) )

Yeah, that was so bullshit.

I'm still waiting to see if a Decepticon can kill that f***king Bumblebee. Man was he ever so annoying.

Also Donnie Darko is one of the greatest movies of all time.

:blink::blink::blink:

Me and Flames fan agree on something!? It's frikkin AWESOME!!

I suppose the idea of the 'greatest films of all times' has a strong personal bias but though I did really enjoy Donny Darko - it was a fascinating film.

The 'greatest film of all times', for me doesn't exist. There are a lot of great, a lot of terrific, a lot of unforgetful movies and movie experiences in my time so far.

For me, the most memorable movie experience is the time I watched 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY on a cinerama screen in Toronto back in 1970. It was an absolutely engrossing occasion. I was swallowed up by the film. I lived inside that movie from the first rumblings of Strauss's ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA on a dark screen to the coming of the STAR CHILD accompanied again by Strauss's ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA.

I've seen the movie a few times since (all on a TV screen and once on a standard movie screen) but NOTHING equalled that moment in my life.

For me, 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY is the movie of a lifetime. The greatest movie of all-times? I don't think so. I've seen too many great movies before that and since...

The Godfather 1 & 2, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, The Manchurian Candidate (Sinatra), The Lord of the Rings series, Once Upon A Time In The West, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, A Hard Day's Night, The African Queen, Gone With The Wind, The Grapes Of Wrath, High Noon, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Schindler's List, Shane, The Wizard of Oz, etc, etc, etc...

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

I liked Donnie Darko. Its much more inventive than average. However after the first screening, the end didnt leave me with an "Oh wow! What an awesome plot twist, I need to watch it again!" like "The Sixth Sense" or "Usual Suspects" did. It rather left me with a "What? That's it? That doesn't make much sense!" And that's coming from a guy who loves David Lynch.

So Donnie Darko = good movie IF you take it at face value and dont ask too many questions. I tremendously enjoy everything about it... except the finale.

If you liked that kind of movie, I'd definitely suggest David Lynch (Blue Velvelt, Mullholland Drive, Lost Highway) but it way further down the weird path. Memento is another great movie in the same type, although without the supernatural subtitles.

Edited by KoZed

I suppose the idea of the 'greatest films of all times' has a strong personal bias but though I did really enjoy Donny Darko - it was a fascinating film.

The 'greatest film of all times', for me doesn't exist. There are a lot of great, a lot of terrific, a lot of unforgetful movies and movie experiences in my time so far.

For me, the most memorable movie experience is the time I watched 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY on a cinerama screen in Toronto back in 1970. It was an absolutely engrossing occasion. I was swallowed up by the film. I lived inside that movie from the first rumblings of Strauss's ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA on a dark screen to the coming of the STAR CHILD accompanied again by Strauss's ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA.

I've seen the movie a few times since (all on a TV screen and once on a standard movie screen) but NOTHING equalled that moment in my life.

For me, 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY is the movie of a lifetime. The greatest movie of all-times? I don't think so. I've seen too many great movies before that and since...

The Godfather 1 & 2, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, The Manchurian Candidate (Sinatra), The Lord of the Rings series, Once Upon A Time In The West, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, A Hard Day's Night, The African Queen, Gone With The Wind, The Grapes Of Wrath, High Noon, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Schindler's List, Shane, The Wizard of Oz, etc, etc, etc...

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Yeah, I've seen about half of those.

I don't think Donnie Darko is one of the bets of all time but it is one of my favourites along with movies like The Breakfast Club, Reservoir Dogs, The Green Mile, Forrest Gump, etc...

When I was maybe 8 years old or something I was watching 2001: A Space Odyssey with my older sisters and after about 15 minutes of monkeys floating around in space, we turned it off naming it the worst movie ever. Only after I found out that it was a classic. Maybe someday I'll give it a chance and watch the entire movie.

By the way, one you might be missing on your list is The Shawshank Redemption. It's great.

• 11 months later...

Found this thread when I searched for Donnie Darko (just watched it for the first time).

Only two weeks until Transformers is out... You think you can last just a little longer KoZed? :D

Found this thread when I searched for Donnie Darko (just watched it for the first time).

Only two weeks until Transformers is out... You think you can last just a little longer KoZed? :D

LOL

Here's how I deal with waiting: I forget! :P

I'm psyched for this one too... too bad they left lots of characters out of it though.