Montreal To Get Allstar And Draft In 2009

MAK

Awesome news. I think the All-Star game is pretty entertaining and the draft would be awesome to see as well.

I better start saving my money now, lol.

It will be nice to have the all-star game in 2009 since we could potentially have 4 or 5 all-stars on our team. Always exciting to have the draft, although we haven't had particular good luck drafting when it is held in Montreal.

Awesome news. I think the All-Star game is pretty entertaining and the draft would be awesome to see as well.

I better start saving my money now, lol.

I think the ticket for the entry draft in vcr were sold at 5$ each

the allstar game is another story. ti seems more of show put up for sponsors than the average joe. although it would be nice to attend it, I won't make a big effort to get tickets.

It will be nice to have the all-star game in 2009 since we could potentially have 4 or 5 all-stars on our team. Always exciting to have the draft, although we haven't had particular good luck drafting when it is held in Montreal.

yeah!!

It think the last guy was david wilkie, matt higgins or tery ryan...can't remember but it was one of them

I would not be surprised if tickets were expensive and in Montreal, sold out in minutes. Its the 100 year aniversary celebration, I"m sure it will be a good show and sold out before anyone can get their hands on the cheap seats.

The Centennial is coming.

Does this mean that we can call ourselves "Canada's Centennial Team" or does that honour (1967) fall to the Leafs? :P

That is definitely not a laffs title!

Id love to go the the All-Star game but I doubt that I could ever get a ticket without paying 1000 dollars to a Scalper for it. As far as the draft goes.. I would probably plan a week in Montreal and go to it for something to do.

:hlogo:

Can't wait to see what kind of crowd the draft'll draw in this "real" hockey city, on the centennial no less... and to witness insane cheers/jeers as the Habs announce their picks (vs. the fans picks). Heh, anyone remember when David Wilkie was selected in the 1st round, in Montréal '92? :(

Bettman'll get double boo'd for speaking English at the commencement, and for being Bettman.

The Centennial is coming.

Does this mean that we can call ourselves "Canada's Centennial Team" or does that honour (1967) fall to the Leafs? :P

okay that is NO LAFFing matter.

CanadaZ centennial (1967) has notthing to do with the centennial OF THE GREATEST TEAM EVER.

and if it ain't CanadaZ centennial then what the f*** are you talking about anyway??

Only centennial that matters is in 2009 when the HABS have theirs, don't you know?

edit:sory Athletique.Canadien, honors to the laffs make me go a little nuts and the pills I have don't really help me when it comes to any honors to that ugly nasty poor excuse for a team.

Edited by ehjay

You have no idea how happy i was when i learned that :D

I've been saving money for the Centennial for a while now, i wanted to get GOOD season tickets. I guess i'll need more money haha because i'm def. GOING to the draft & the all-star game & the skills competition ! I don't care to spend money on that, i've been saving anyways and i believe it's a good cause ^_^

I caaannn't wait.

I just REALLY HOPE they WON'T sell the tickets like they did for the playoffs here in Montreal; take a number and if you're lucky you can buy. :angry2:

' date='Jul 30 2006, 11:58 PM' post='118596']

I just REALLY HOPE they WON'T sell the tickets like they did for the playoffs here in Montreal; take a number and if you're lucky you can buy. :angry2:

if you buy a game package you'll have a few weeks priority to buy whatever ticket you want...I know thats' what I'll do

if you buy a game package you'll have a few weeks priority to buy whatever ticket you want...I know thats' what I'll do

Interesting ;)

That's what i'll probably do, thanks =)

I plan to be in Ottawa for the draft in 2008 and I have a strong idea where I'll be at the end of June of 2009....

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I plan to be in Ottawa for the draft in 2008 and I have a strong idea where I'll be at the end of June of 2009....

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I guess I'll see you there...there's no way I'm missing the draft in ottawa and in montreal..

The Allstar game is way overrated and I never watch it. If I was a player I'd refuse to go to it and spend quality time with my family. I'm not sure why fans like it so much?

As for the draft, thats an awesome experience and I'd love to be in Montreal to attend it.

since the draft is in montreal in 09, the number behind the jersey will be 09.

I just thought, the team should drop the zero and the kid who would be drafted would have the number 9 in his back. It would be a great way to celebrate our 100years old aniversary. what an honour it would be for the kid whos drafted especially if he's canadian let alone québécois.

since the draft is in montreal in 09, the number behind the jersey will be 09.

I just thought, the team should drop the zero and the kid who would be drafted would have the number 9 in his back. It would be a great way to celebrate our 100years old aniversary. what an honour it would be for the kid whos drafted especially if he's canadian let alone québécois.

An interesting thought - but it's bound to be controversial. Is a newly drafted player worthy of that honour? Nope. Besides, if he's an offensive forward, think of the expectations that would produce!

An interesting thought - but it's bound to be controversial. Is a newly drafted player worthy of that honour? Nope. Besides, if he's an offensive forward, think of the expectations that would produce!

I agree but I hope people are bright enough to see that It would be more of a PR move. a clin d'oeil to the rocket as we say in french