Mark Steit: Knee Injury Update

habscout

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20060727...0/1002/CPSPORTS

Apparently, he injured his knee while off-ice training, riding a bike in the Montreal training room. The diagnosis was tendinitis, and after the playoffs he initially declined an invitation to play for the Swiss in the World Championships. However, he later accepted the invitation to play in Riga, Latvia for the Swiss, stating there was "no pain" in the knee. The writer says that Streit was interviewed recently, and admitted that he should have taken the time off since the knee is not responding well. His movement is limited, and he cannot jog yet despite undergoing physical therapy. He hopes he will be ready for training camp in September, and is planning on training with his former Swiss team starting August 2.

ARRGGHH! Oh well, that just means we'll start off the year with a farmer sitting in the press box. However, I was looking forward to seeing Streit get some games.

WAIT! Huet suffered an injury prior to the start of last season...now Streit. Hmmmm. :D :D :D :D

Well, if one of our players has to suffer an injury before the season starts, I'm glad it's him and not, say, Markov (*shudder*)

This is where the lack of decent prospects on D comes back to haunt us.

maybe it'll give jean-philippe coté a chance to stick with the big club.

too bad, I was curious of seeing how streit was going to play with a year of experience

tendonitis really isn't too serious of a deal... with proper care, he could be close to recovery by training camp...

Have no fear, he will be back and in shape. He's a pro, a captain and excellant team player. He'll be ready to step up and contribute.

Have no fear, he will be back and in shape. He's a pro, a captain and excellant team player. He'll be ready to step up and contribute.

For 600K he's IMHO a bargain. He's good on the PK, and there must have been a good reason BG made him one of his first signings. At least the Habs don't have an overpaid overated D like some teams we know. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll have progressed with this very different style of game compared to what he did in Europe.

I still see him as being something of a poor man's Brian Rafalski. If he's what I think he'll be, he's WELL worth it.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

For 600K he's IMHO a bargain. He's good on the PK, and there must have been a good reason BG made him one of his first signings. At least the Habs don't have an overpaid overated D like some teams we know. :rolleyes:

Not until next year! :D

tendonitis is not your average injury! its a freking swelling of the joints and other cartilage... it can become chronic and need powerfull painkillers ... I have it on my right elbow... also called tennis elbow... in short everytime I throw a Football or play tennis it hurts for MONTHS! So I play either sport Once every 24 full moons!

It aint silly this tendonitis.... Hope his gets propper treatment!! before its too late

tendonitis is not your average injury! its a freking swelling of the joints and other cartilage... it can become chronic and need powerfull painkillers ... I have it on my right elbow... also called tennis elbow... in short everytime I throw a Football or play tennis it hurts for MONTHS! So I play either sport Once every 24 full moons!

It aint silly this tendonitis.... Hope his gets propper treatment!! before its too late

I'm still calling a December return followed up with an MVP season. :D

Tendonitis is not always like tennis elbow... Tendonitis refers only to the inflammation of the tendon... which is painful, but not always as severe as other conditions that include inflammed tendons... We don't know how bad Streit's knee is, and we can't assume it's as bad as tennis elbow...

Let's hope not anyway! Some tendonitis symptoms, if properly treated and proper care taken, can dissipate in weeks...