Current Salary Caps

habs rule

does anyone know if there is a site that can give you where the teams currently are in regards to the cap? I can' seem to find one but there must be one. :?-

I saw an interview with Vincent Damphousse this morning on RDS TV.

He says he's still not worried about the big salaries that some players are getting. He says the caps are still in place and they'll keep the team spending under control.

If GMs are able to be wise with the assets they have, their teams will rise whereas the wild spenders will sink. That's good in my way of seeing things.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

LMAO the Devils are at 46.5 millions and thats not including Gionta, Martin and Brodeur have no backup so far :D

Wow some people really dont know how to manage a team in the capworld.

LMAO the Devils are at 46.5 millions and thats not including Gionta, Martin and Brodeur have no backup so far :D

Wow some people really dont know how to manage a team in the capworld.

Too early to make a statement like that. Lou's got something up his sleeve. B)

Too early to make a statement like that. Lou's got something up his sleeve. B)

Not enough to where the Devils can remain a contender.

Seems like all the late 90s giants are taking their fall this offseason.

Seems like all the late 90s giants are taking their fall this offseason.

Colorado,Détroit and New Jersey are all going downwards for sure.. but how about Dallas?

Dallas just got owned in the 1st round, numerous veterans are on their way out and they now officially have no confidence in their goaltender.

I'd say they're in the same boat as the rest of us former giants.

Two words: Eric Lindros. :D

That about sums it up......

As for other "Giants", Toronto(Never won but big spenders) seems to be screwed for as long as JFJ is at the Helm... :hlogo:

Oh god, don't mention Toronto in the same class as Colorado or New Jersey. Even when they spent money, they couldn't do it right. They got over the hill vets and managed to get past the 2nd round once. Atleast the rest of us won some cups.

Two words: Eric Lindros. :D

ROFLl! So true, Dallas was doomed from the outset of this UFA season.. I wonder what odds vegas has on eric going down with another injury this coming season. Someone could win some major cash. Hey maybe Jersey might bet that Lindros will not get injured so that they can pay for all the extra cap money they need to payout.

Hey what happens to Jersey, if they can't make the cap! Do they have a fine or penalty?

Does any one know what happens to teams that don't come under the cap?

I am 99% sure that if a team is over the cap, they forfeit every game until they are under... there might be more to it though... I remember last year that the devils almost had to forfeit their first game because of the salary cap.

If a team is over the cap once the season begins (not sure if that means opening night or otherwise), the contact or contract(s) that put them over the cap are simply voided (not recognized by the league). Simply means playing without those players whose contracts dont exist.

Two words: Eric Lindros

hahah I had forgotten about that

To think this guy was once traded for Forsberg and many,many others :wacko:

the contact or contract(s) that put them over the cap are simply voided (not recognized by the league)

How do they decide which contract(s) have to go tough? They take the latest one(s) signed and simply cancel it, and the player(s) becomes UFA(s)?

How do they decide which contract(s) have to go tough? They take the latest one(s) signed and simply cancel it, and the player(s) becomes UFA(s)?

plus the monetary penalty! No freakin owner will let that happen ... the only thing that migth happen is a bargain trade to let the extra contract go for a 7th draftpick or something......

Now heres my favorite part of the deal. Philly traded Lindros for Forsberg, Duschene, Ricci, Thibault, Simon, Huffman, Hextall, a 94 1st round pick and 15 mil (which, in 1991 was a lot more then it would be today. The same season, Gilmour was arguing with the Flames about getting 500k a year. Flames thought it was too much)

Anyway. After trading everyone from that package for other players and those players for more players and so on and so forth, this is what we ended up with after the 2000-01 season (there was a big chart done on this in the special edition Stanley Cup. I got the special hardcover for Easter a couple years later. :D)

Chris Dingman

Ray Bourque

Peter Forsberg

Alex Tanguay

Patrick Roy

Shjon Podein (god, I miss him)

Scott Parker

Steven Reinprecht

Rob Blake

We also got Dave Andreychuk but he signed with Buffalo the year before we won the Cup so he doesn't matter.

I mean...thats amazing. All from one player. Way to go Lacroix.