What Is Jp Doing?

The-Habby2919

Ok i could understand trading Schoenewise earlier this morning.. but now he trades our only backup 1st/3rd baseman (Hinske) TO THE REDSOX?!?!?!

:hlogo:

I can't believe the Reds. They trade two of their best young players to the Nationals for 2 relievers and Royce Clayton. They also traded a top pitching prospect and another prospect for 2 other relievers, Kyle Lohse and Rheal Cormier. Also, they traded for Eddie Guardado not too long ago.

Now that the trade deadline has passed, they found out that the guys they got from the Nationals suck, so they've continued to trade prospects for relief pitchers who are not even good enough to be claimed on waivers. Just shows how bad a move GM Wayne Krivsky made for Kearns and Lopez.

Now they trade for a crap bum from Toronto whose ERA is even higher than the guy whose roster spot he is taking. The NL must suck because the Reds are still leading the Wild Card.

Supposebly Riciardi says the Hinske trade isn't true and is just a rumor.

Either way, Jays better get a decent return in this if it's true.

Yeah, I read that too. I hardly think TSN would be one to pull an Eklund though.

well... the boston herald, the boston globe and espn are all reporting it (i think espn is just reporting that the herald is reporting it). It should be noted that Ricardi denies many true things before the official announcement... including signing BJ Ryan.

From what I am to understand the jays are getting a farm hand and the jays are paying a bunch of hinske's remaining salary. Good depth move for the sox and nets them a guy who can give some of the walking wounded some days off.

I could not tell ya why the jays did this.... maybe to clear roster space? I dunno.

All I know is that the Cards are IMPLODING people are yelling at each other in the clubhouse (which is segregated so something must be rifting between them) La Russa might be gone by the end of the year insiders are saying the players are turning against him and Pujols is getting upset. This team is not making the playoffs

Supposebly Riciardi says the Hinske trade isn't true and is just a rumor.

Either way, Jays better get a decent return in this if it's true.

Here's a tsn.ca report on the trade itself.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/teams/news_story/?ID...e=mlb-blue_jays

This is the 1st line: "The Toronto Blue Jays have dealt the 2002 AL Rookie of the Year and cash to the Boston Red Sox for a player to be named later."

Hinske was doing ok this year but likely not ok enough for the Jays management. I don't understand why the cash thing... to offset part of Hinske's salary?

:king: :hlogo: :king:

All I know is that the Cards are IMPLODING people are yelling at each other in the clubhouse (which is segregated so something must be rifting between them) La Russa might be gone by the end of the year insiders are saying the players are turning against him and Pujols is getting upset. This team is not making the playoffs

I am so torn. The Reds traded 3 of my favorite players over the course of the last year and all three were traded away for players who have not helped the team. Yet they are still in the hunt and close to the Cardinals.

i can't see the cubs sweeping. They are a seriously broken team. I know that the cards haven't won in chi so far this season, but i think it's more about small sample size than anything else. I know the cubs just swept the astrs, but that team is getting close to free-fall.

Where is all this doomsday info about the cards coming from? Granted, I don't follow the team that much and I don't like them (more because I lived in the battleground of central illinois than for any other reason) but I have never heard of most of the bad stuff your talking about. The cards have a 3.5 lead in the wild card... they'd really have to screw up to not make the playoffs.

Fanpuck, this is for you: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/51804

It's obvious what the Jays are missing is more quality pitching; so it's just clearing some $$ since we're not the Yankees/Sox with "unlimited" payrolls

Sox have a high payroll, yankees have an "unlimited" one. But I agree this is probably about money... probably also to clear out a roster crunch? I'd need someone more familiar with the jays' depth chart to confirm that.

Hinske was doing ok this year but likely not ok enough for the Jays management. I don't understand why the cash thing... to offset part of Hinske's salary?

yeah. Basically it sounds like Hinske is going to the sox for half price.

Edited by simonus

It's obvious what the Jays are missing is more quality pitching; so it's just clearing some $$ since we're not the Yankees/Sox with "unlimited" payrolls

Also, 'rumour' has it that Vernon Wells may not be back with the Jays next year... If salary is a consideration then this is possibly a way of keeping some of that money in order to keep Wells...

We'll see.... :rolleyes:

The doomsday stuff about the cards is coming from the saint louis post dispatch. They did a story on the segregation. Done a bunch of stories on mutiney within the ranks. A lot of it started when Chris Duncan who's son of pitching coach Dave Duncan started speaking out. (He's on the team) that's where most of the inside information comes from.

Nothing really wrong with this move. Bosox are picking up the rest of Hinske's contract this year, and half of it next year.

Jays have some depth to work with to fill any holes, dump a lot of salary, and Hinske shouldn't be a utility man with his contract. I think he did really well this year though, and didn't look out of place in the outfield.

I was expecting Cat to be traded though.

When i saw this thread, it thought: What is JLP doing?

Hehehe me too! Of course the HWL TC would not let me make these sort of trades :P

Lost interest in following local teams and sports in general since '04. Blame it on the election. After that I just don't care anymore.

That has got to be one of the most illogical things I have ever heard. That's a new one on me, blaming Bush for not liking your local sports teams.

i can't see the cubs sweeping. They are a seriously broken team. I know that the cards haven't won in chi so far this season, but i think it's more about small sample size than anything else. I know the cubs just swept the astros, but that team is getting close to free-fall.

Cards beat the Cubs tonight, but the Cubs have done surprisingly well against the Cards this year. Don't know where to look for team slipt-stats, but I know the Cards have a losing record against the Cubs.

Cards one there 4th game of the year today against the Cubs so there 4-12 against them this year.

Really thats weirdest thing you've heard? Hmm. Well I really just got worn out from sports. After the cards went to the world series I really didn't care who one because I liked both the Red Soxs and Cardinals. But after that I lost interest. My whole family really lost interest. Prices got too high we stopped going to games stopped even watching them on TV.

So there's your real answer.

Cameramen near the dugout saw Gibbons push Lilly first.

Ted Lilly by the way, not Libby. Don't forget him challenging Hillenbrand to a fight either. I mean honestly, what the hell does that solve? These are grown men!