Lidstrom Might Be The Next Detroit Captain

phrib

Some say that's a good choice but i don't. I'll explaine why:

1- I would said that Chris Chelios would be a better leader because he has more experience than Lidstrom,

even if Lidstrom has won four norris in five year he's not what a guy like Chelios could give to the team

2- Detroit should name a youger captain than a Lidstrom or a Chelios. More like a Datsyuk or Zetterberg because they will be there longer than those 2 old fellal, So they could do like a Yzerman that been there a long time( think so ). Little bit like Koivu in Montreal.

3- ( only to say that im not raciste , and that i dont hate europeen people ) I don't remember seeing a team winning the stanley cup whit a europeen captain...( even if they won't win the cup anyway in those year that lidstrom would be there, if they go the same way there going right now)

But there's a side of my self that say that a good choice, here why:

1- I wouldn't see a young guy like Datsyuk or Zetterberg saying to a guy like lidstrom or chelios " Come on, skate harder" or thing's like that

2- Lidstrom is a real playing legend in this league he's a winner, won the trophee everyone would dream for... and even 4 year in a row... Only 3 other guy did it

that's what im thinking so leave your comment's on it

Here's the link: http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/211305.html

p.s.: i really suck in english im doing what i can, and in the French forum most of the time it's trown up shit and stuff, so i like it more here to read people with back ground of there saying

Edited by phrib

1- I would said that Chris Chelios would be a better leader because he has more experience than Lidstrom,

even if Lidstrom has won four norris in five year he's not what a guy like Chelios could give to the team

2- Detroit should name a youger captain than a Lidstrom or a Chelios. More like a Datsyuk or Zetterberg because they will be there longer than those 2 old fellal, So they could do like a Yzerman that been there a long time( think so ). Little bit like Koivu in Montreal.

3- ( only to say that im not raciste , and that i dont hate europeen people ) I don't remember seeing a team winning the stanley cup whit a europeen captain...( even if they won't win the cup anyway in those year that lidstrom would be there, if they go the same way there going right now)

So first you say Chelios shuold be captain. Then you say, they'd be better off with a younger guy like Datsyuk or Zetterberg and THEN you say that neither of those 2 would be good candidates either because they're Europeans.

Personally, I think Lidstrom would be a good choice but that Chelios is also very worthy. I don't think they should give it to a young guy when a legend like Lidstrom could be retiring next season. It would be an honour and something else to add to his profile.

I think Lidstrom is a perfect choice. Chelios has to be done after this season, he can't have more than one year left in the tank.

Lidstrom just won the Norris at 36. That tells me he has plenty of gas in the tank and won't be retiring at least until he is 40.

But there's a side of my self that say that a good choice, here why:

1- I wouldn't see a young guy like Datsyuk or Zetterberg saying to a guy like lidstrom or chelios " Come on, skate harder" or thing's like that

2- Lidstrom is a real playing legend in this league he's a winner, won the trophee everyone would dream for... and even 4 year in a row... Only 3 other guy did it

that's what im thinking so leave your comment's on it

Here's the link: http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/211305.html

p.s.: i really suck in english im doing what i can, and in the French forum most of the time it's trown up shit and stuff, so i like it more here to read people with back ground of there saying

You're overlooking the fact that Lidstrom is a life time Red Wing. He has meant more to the franchise the past decade then anyone else playing for them right now while Chelios has only been there for 3 or 4 years. That should give you captain consideration over anything else you've done. With the career the guy has had and all of it for the Red Wings, I would've been dumbfounded if the Red Wings had gone with anyone else.

So first you say Chelios shuold be captain. Then you say, they'd be better off with a younger guy like Datsyuk or Zetterberg and THEN you say that neither of those 2 would be good candidates either because they're Europeans.

Probably it seems to mean that, but I didn't mean that, i was only giving others exit that they could take. The fact #1 dont relie to the other fact like the fact #2 dont relie ton fact #1 and #3 not to the #2...

I don't know if im clear but anyway

Well, yes, I understand what you're trying to say but it isn't clear. But I probably couldn't do much better in French,

If someone in the NHL today will beat Howe's age-record it will be Lidström.

Has anyone ever seen Lidström taken a tackle?

he dont need to..players just avoid him.

shanahan could'Ve been a great choice but he's not there anymore

he dont need to..players just avoid him.

shanahan could'Ve been a great choice but he's not there anymore

I meant the other way around...

Lidström does give some but never receives. His style of playing will make his body competitive for years. That's was my point.