Penguins Possible Move To Hamilton?

The-Habby2919

:clap:

Honestly, I'm still amazed that NHL hockey caught in in Columbus. I mean, most fans of the old ECHL team went because they fought a lot! Heck, even now, only Rick Nash is more popular than Jody Shelley in Columbus. Just goes to show what a good arena, well priced seating, and some exciting young players can do.

Better hope that one of those exciting young players includes Zherdev this year..... They could have a good team if hes signed.

:hlogo:

:clap:

Honestly, I'm still amazed that NHL hockey caught in in Columbus. I mean, most fans of the old ECHL team went because they fought a lot! Heck, even now, only Rick Nash is more popular than Jody Shelley in Columbus. Just goes to show what a good arena, well priced seating, and some exciting young players can do.

LOL. Slap Shot anyone?

Remember you have to cross the border. New rules makes that a pain and would kill any Sabres fan from the Hamilton-Niagra Falls area.

na - not at all. i disagree that stricter border security will dissuade many, if any, from crossing.

my family is CONSTANTLY crossing the border. we all have passports (even the baby) and it is ZERO problem. those who don't live near the border think it's a pain - but those who cross regularly know what to bring and what to say to ensure a painless passage. heck - i used to cross the border just to buy gasoline at a cheaper price!

*i pull up to the booth*

"how long were you in the US, sir?"

"umm - about 15 minutes"

"did you buy anything"

"just filled up the car since i was on E"

"have a nice day"

"thanks"

*i pull away from the booth*

only the uninformed and paranoid and criminally inclined will stop crossing the border - not the average citizen of either nation.

hmmm - maybe Leafs fans from the Buffalo area WILL stop crossing the border! they are clearly uninformed (thinking the Leafs are any good), they are paranoid (thinking the whole league actually CARES about hockey in TO) and are criminally minded (well - no evidence of this - since they've never won a cup, they have no hope of rioting for any victory other than a 1st round series win).

The GTA could easily support another team....the league should tell the Sabres and Leafs to STFU and greenlight the move should the opportunity arise. I'm all for putting a team in a real hockey market, instead of some area where Dale Earnhardt T-shirts outnumber hockey jerseys 10,000-to-1.

So Revvrob you have passports then? Because thats what will be needed in a few years.

yep - me, my wife, and all 3 kids (yep - even the 2 year old has a passport)

applied for them and got them in less than a month. it was easy. and not nearly as expensive as i thought it would be. the canadian government has obviously done a good job of simplifying and speeding up the process. they've even opened additional Passport offices so that there is one nearby just about every reasonably populated community. i was surprised at the efficiency of the system (and pleased).

also - because i am clergy - i am asked to sign as a guarantor of a lot of people's passports - and - believe it or not - for the first time ever - in the last 9 months or so - every ID i have guaranteed has been checked on by the Passport office. i'm very pleased that FINALLY the government seems to be taking this kind of security seriously.

The GTA could easily support another team....the league should tell the Sabres and Leafs to STFU and greenlight the move should the opportunity arise. I'm all for putting a team in a real hockey market, instead of some area where Dale Earnhardt T-shirts outnumber hockey jerseys 10,000-to-1.

LOL :lol: !!!

Or flip flops, bubble gum chewing, wannabe crowd.

If its not cold outside, they shouldn't have a team.

If NHL does go anywhere anytime soon. It would be KC, Oklahoma City, Salt Lake City, Portland, Indianapolis, maybe even Milwaukee.

But come on NHL Hamilton, Winnipeg, Quebec deserve teams. PLEASE NOT KC!!!

The Leafs shouldn't be worried because still 1 and 6 canadians live in the GTA I think.

That should read 1 in 6 people living in Canada, not Canadians. GTA is made up of mostly imigrants who will follow European football, Asian table tennis and a few other silly games before hockey. I believe the cow is now the sacred animal of Toronto, isn't it? Been there alot lately and most "Canadians" have move out. It is made up of "new Canadians" . Not a strong hockey fan base.