Population Shifts Of Canada

Pierre the Great

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't need an article to know that. We've been in a boom for a couple years now. Makes housing really expensive though, it's gonna suck whenever I move out (which will be soon since I don't want to be living here past my 21st birthday which is in...a year and a half)

Yeah I know somebody who moved to Calgary and his house has doubled in value.

Yeah, we moved in to this place 10 years ago (not Calgary in general, just this house.) and it's tripled in value. I think, it might actually be a bit more.

yeah here in the cheap midwest the old house that the family bought back in '87 was like 110k now its at 250k. And this house is a ranch 1 story with no basement. LOL

lol

This house started at 250k and now it's at around 800k. It's a moot point though since my dad doesn't plan on selling it, his only worry right now is to buy my mom out before it gets too high just so she doesn't take the house.

Gee and I tought than my house took a lot of value.. it went from 100K to 160K in 3-4 years. Was worth 50K when my father bought it 25 years ago.

lol

This house started at 250k and now it's at around 800k. It's a moot point though since my dad doesn't plan on selling it, his only worry right now is to buy my mom out before it gets too high just so she doesn't take the house.

Buy out your mom ? loll

800k?? Wow Great! But the only thing is... what are you gonna buy with 800k? you're not really richer. you'll overpay for a similar house. Unless you move out to Quebec (price are going way up too, but we're still behind BC/AB). And then it'll be a new population shift.. to the East!!

Buy out your mom ? loll

800k?? Wow Great! But the only thing is... what are you gonna buy with 800k? you're not really richer. you'll overpay for a similar house. Unless you move out to Quebec (price are going way up too, but we're still behind BC/AB). And then it'll be a new population shift.. to the East!!

1) It's called divorce.

2) I already said theres no plans to sell it so it's a moot point how much our house is worth. Technically we are though, our neighbours house (the exact same model) is only selling for 400k. So we sell our house, buy their house (which is the exact same as ours) and voila, 400k net gain.

2) I already said theres no plans to sell it so it's a moot point how much our house is worth. Technically we are though, our neighbours house (the exact same model) is only selling for 400k. So we sell our house, buy their house (which is the exact same as ours) and voila, 400k net gain.

The question begs to be asked - how can your neighbours get only half of what you could get for the exact same type of house?

Province - Population - Change since last year year

Ontario 12,686,952 +128,283

Québec 7,651,531 +53,763

BC 4,310,452 +52,619

Alberta 3,375,763 +98,181

Manitoba 1,177,765 +3,617

Sakatchewan 985,386 -4,571

Nova Scotia 934,405 -1,725

New Brunswick 749,168 -2,313

Newfoundland 509,677 -4,285

PEI 138,519 +343

NWT 41,861 -768

Yukon 31,228 +108

Nunavut 30,782 +742

Canada 32,623,490 +323,994

I like how PEI bucked the mass migration out of Atlantic Canada trend.

I don't think Alberta will pass BC yet. With the olympics coming to Vancouver and its seen as a retirement place for people of Atlantic Canada. BC is only to go up.

I wouldn't be shocked that in the future there would be more people in BC and Alberta then Ontario. But thats years down the line.

Yeah who would want to live in Saskatchewan really? Flat, Flat and more flat and that freezing cold. I feel bad for the Kansas of the North.

Yeah, it's just a large stopover between the West and the East. I know one person who likes it and thats because he went to the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon. Good school apparently but thats all they really have.

And you know where a majority of those people moved? Calgary. I think theres more people from Saskatchewan in this city then actual Calgarians. Going to Stamps/Roughriders games are terrible, you feel like an away fan.

From statscan

Newfoundland and Labrador, which lost population for the 14th year in a row, was the first Canadian jurisdiction to experience more deaths than births over the course of one year.

Ouch! Poor Newfoundland

I'd move to newfoundland. But a local said the weather is extreme in the winter and you're kind of isolated. oh well. Whenever I get married though thats where we're going on a honeymoon if the wife doesn't like it or not. lol. Newfoundland or New Zealand.

I heard on tv that an british newly wed couple wanted to visit sydney, australia but ended in sydney nova scotia..in november :lol:

LOL. My scottish counselor ran into a scottish family and he asked what were they doing in st louis of all places. And she said she didn't know they were suppose to go to Nova Scotia but ended up here.

:lol: