Yes I'm So Excited!

Pierre the Great

Every year my cable provider gives a free preview of Centre Ice. And the preview is long enough that I will get to see the first 2 games on the habs schedule Sabres and Leafs. Also I looked at the tv schedule it looks like Versus (used to be called OLN) is showing more Habs games. Last year they only showed 1 game I think against the Bruins. This year its up to 3! So excited I could scream like the french announcers on ckac!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made up a schedule for myself of all the Habs games on TV without Center Ice... I get 29 this season, not bad.

:hlogo:

I have RDS sorry guys!!

haha

me too haha

This year its up to 3! So excited I could scream like the french announcers on ckac!

thats what we call passion for hockey :P

not like that boring guy on CJAD. talk about monotone !!

RDS but added center ice as I was one of the guys that whined at my digital supplier last year about not offering it. They got it this year on a conditional basis, no preseason, and they had to guarentee x amount of subscribers or make up the difference and not get it again, so I subscibed. Also had something to do with my wife saying yes....

Center Ice $179/season

RDS $2.99/month

Another great Habs season Priceless

RDS but added center ice as I was one of the guys that whined at my digital supplier last year about not offering it. They got it this year on a conditional basis, no preseason, and they had to guarentee x amount of subscribers or make up the difference and not get it again, so I subscibed. Also had something to do with my wife saying yes....

Center Ice $179/season

RDS $2.99/month

Another great Habs season Priceless

NHL Centre Ice did not have my Habby games on it last year in T-Dot. I had to sign up for a 6-month sports package($39.99/month) that included NFL Sunday Ticket,college Basketball, Nascar in Car etc.. but NO HABS GAMES. They got an earfull until I found out I can get RDS and RIS with a bunch of other stations for $8 per month. This year, no NHL Center ICE but RDS all the way. (NFL sunday ticket was good but my team SUCKED!)

Go :hlogo: Go :hlogo:

I cant get RDS here and were a bilingual province dammit!

Does anybody know if Center Ice can be had on StarChoice?

Thats sad. You should call your MP saying your rights are being violated or something by the cable company. (not joking)

you do not have a right to any given french channel. perhaps you have a right to reasonably attainable access to french programming, but not a given program.

Can you get RDS on digital cable in Kingston?

I know you can get it on satelite correct?

It's not even on digital cable.. :( I'm certain it's on satellite, but I can't make that kind of investment... :D

you do not have a right to any given french channel. perhaps you have a right to reasonably attainable access to french programming, but not a given program.

RDS is a cable sports channel. New Brunswick is a offically bi lingual province. If you have TSN I think it should be mandatory that you should have RDS. Its like having Radio Canada and CBC. When you have french speaking people in your area you should supply them with programming and stations in there mother tongue.

For example Univision is on our cable. In most places out west its on a free over the air television. For example Univision is a regular local channel in Kansas City. In Denver they've got spanish radio stations and a local Univision and Telemundo station with local programming as well.

francophones rights are being violated if they cannot recieve RDS on cable.

It may just be my satellite provider but I know my dad tried to get it so we could watch all the games but we couldnt for some reason. We do get SRC but they never show games anymore.

It may just be my satellite provider but I know my dad tried to get it so we could watch all the games but we couldnt for some reason. We do get SRC but they never show games anymore.

You have to get SRC its the government run channel. They would be breaking the offical languages act.

Seriously because you live in New Brunswick you should get RDS because of its dual languages. Its your right.

shit... am i happy to be from montreal and have RDS! must be a killer to not be able to watch habs games!

u guys ever try going to sports bar and see if they play it? i went to toronto once, and got a pub to play it on one tv for me! and this was in toronto ppl!