The Lamoriello Watch

The-Habby2919

I absolutley love Lou, in a non-gay way(not that theres anything wrong with that) What hes done for this team in the last 12 years is just remarkable, glad hes with the devils!!!

HI Mr Julien, how's it been ??

I like how the New Jersey Devils will actually have a home now. They always seemed to me to be the New York rejects team that New York never wanted. Since the Giants and Jets were next door but they were NEW YORK G-Men, NY JETS.

So they are moving to Trenton right? cool. No more parking lot parades lol.

They are moving to Newark. ANd I love it how the NY rejects owned the real NY team last year :lol:

The new owner is just waiting for the lease to run out in 5 years so he can move the team to Salt Lake, imo.

Salt lake?

As in UTAH?!!!!!!

Unless there's a source of that information that I'm entirely unaware of, I disagree.

A.) The Blues won't leave St. Louis. When they're winning, the draw fans like any other club. And just like any other club, when they're losing, they don't draw fans.

B.) If they did move, it wouldn't be to Salt Lake.

C.) I'm fairly sure that Protland, Winnipeg, Las Vegas, and Houston are likely spots to which a team might relocate. (I've heard rumors of Halifax and other Canadian cities, but I'm just listing those locations that I actually recall being discussed when Pittsburgh was in flux.)

D.) If you think Phoenix, Nashville, Atlanta, Miami, Tampa Bay, and San Jose are not hockey towns, you haven't been near Utah.

If there's a source, I'd love to see it. having another team in the southwest would be great (and Minnesota would be out of the Avs division, as they would move to the central and we'd get the Utah...........Blues? It would go with the Jazz I guess.)

Salt lake?

As in UTAH?!!!!!!

Unless there's a source of that information that I'm entirely unaware of, I disagree.

A.) The Blues won't leave St. Louis. When they're winning, the draw fans like any other club. And just like any other club, when they're losing, they don't draw fans.

B.) If they did move, it wouldn't be to Salt Lake.

C.) I'm fairly sure that Protland, Winnipeg, Las Vegas, and Houston are likely spots to which a team might relocate. (I've heard rumors of Halifax and other Canadian cities, but I'm just listing those locations that I actually recall being discussed when Pittsburgh was in flux.)

D.) If you think Phoenix, Nashville, Atlanta, Miami, Tampa Bay, and San Jose are not hockey towns, you haven't been near Utah.

If there's a source, I'd love to see it. having another team in the southwest would be great (and Minnesota would be out of the Avs division, as they would move to the central and we'd get the Utah...........Blues? It would go with the Jazz I guess.)

Chicklets or however you say his name is from Salt Lake City and still lives in Salt Lake. The big rumor before the team was sold was that he'd wait til the lease was up on the now "Scottrade Centre" and move the team to his home land of Utah.

Then talks fell through the first time and on the second try there was a "local celebrity ex hockey player I think" in the owners group. That quelled all the moving to Salt Lake for the sale to go through. Then he's said he's staying put. Now it looks like he wants to bring an MLS team to Saint Louis. So now I think that whole rumor is dead.

But there's always been threats of the team moving. The team was just about to move to Saskatoon back in the early 80's until the last minute and I mean last minute (like 11:59pm minute, many fans went to sleep that night thinking the team was moving) a person bought the team and kept it here.

Another threat for most Saint Louis teams in general is moving to Indianapolis. The cardinals when being sold by the brewery had that threat.

So its normal fodder for her. But I will say the fan base is dead here. Nobody cares about them. The Post doesn't do articles. They are like a minor league town now which is a shame because this town does have a rich hockey history.

Hey, that's not fair. Nobody attacks the slopes like Malakhov! :P

:lol:

you know what, I was working there when he went skiing, I saw his wife.. :rolleyes:

Basically NJ gave the Sharks a first round pick to eat up 3.6 mil in cap space ... from what i've been reading is that if malakov is technically retired still then NJ still has to pay his salary but it won't count against there cap ... and SJ picks up a first round pick for two players that will never play for SJ or probably the Devils too. I'd bet that SJ uses that pick or they're own to bolster they're own line up for a possible cup run.

Btw Lamorillo forced this on himself and his team by signing him and mogilny to those rediculus contracts. now he has to give up a 1st round pick to un do the mess he made. :wacko:

Basically NJ gave the Sharks a first round pick to eat up 3.6 mil in cap space ... from what i've been reading is that if malakov is technically retired still then NJ still has to pay his salary but it won't count against there cap ... and SJ picks up a first round pick for two players that will never play for SJ or probably the Devils too. I'd bet that SJ uses that pick or they're own to bolster they're own line up for a possible cup run.

Btw Lamorillo forced this on himself and his team by signing him and mogilny to those rediculus contracts. now he has to give up a 1st round pick to un do the mess he made. :wacko:

That makes more sense as the Devils got two players for him and traded a first that really is going to be a high pick. $3.5M for a high pick is a waste of money.

Sure a first round pick might seem steep but who cares when you have to sign Hale, Gionta and Martin aka the future of the team. There's also Clemmenson in there too that he needs to sign.

I'm not saying it was a bad trade for either team ... I think SJ made out alittle better ... they dump two players that were not going to play for them ... eat up cap space that they were not going to use ( and don't even hae to pay the salary ) and get a first round pick that they can use to make a trade with .... what's not to like about that if your SJ :D

No its not, they basically traded him for Gionta and MArtin, cause there not signed yet, plus or AHL and ECHL teams have some talent, we are covered up for the future anyway

Thats the problem when you draft well then somebody hits you with a salary cap. Going to be interesting to see what Lou does. I hope he also writes a book as I would definitely read it!

I read somwhere Dan MCGillis was gonna play in the AHL... how did he pass through waivers?

Wait he's in for 2.2 MIl??? ok I know now plus he must suck!

Edited by CoRvInA