My Friend On His Guitar.

The-Habby2919

reecks of 80's hair rock.

but hey its okay.

That's because 80's hair metal is making a big resurgence. I used to be heavy in the scene, but my musical tastes have shifted dramatically over the past few years.

As for the video itself, I enjoyed it. The beginning reminded me of a song, but I can't quite place which one.

Ugh hair metal is making a comeback? Gawd I hope not. Hair metal sent rock back 20 years. Just look at the bands now. Retroish from the 70's. Hell Franz Ferdinand did a song in mono. lol

Everyone's suddenly listening to bands like Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver and Motley Crue, or at least that's what I've noticed in my little neck of the woods.

Everyone's suddenly listening to bands like Guns N' Roses

I'm still a fan of GNR

heck my dog's name is slash!!

Guns and roses really wasn't to its core hair metal. I'm talking more about poison, and motley crue. eck!

I realize GN'R wasn't exactly hair metal per se, but they're still nonetheless widely associated with those other bands. Also, I mentioned Motley Crue as well and Van Halen is another one that comes to mind.

@M&K: I was talking about people my own age (ie late teens/early 20's).

Gn'R is finally supposed to release Chinese Democracy before Christmas.

:hlogo:

yeah but it's guns n roses sans slash. I won't be the same. both axel and slash suck when they're not together.

like john and paul.

I hope It'S good though, I'm gonna buy it.

Maskless KISS and Van Halen were the tops of Hair Metal. GNR was early grunge/rock.

kiss and van halen :puke:

gnr was heavy soft rock..they wrote mostly about men/women relationships...not really grunge

however. whenever I hear civil war or estranged I have a shivers. they're musical master pieces.

you power arm with starving soldiers in a human grocery store, ain't that fresh ?! I don't need no civil war

by the way. Habby, your buddy's really good

"did you wear a black armband when they shot the man who said, Peace Could Last Forever?"

Yeah Use Your Illusions 1&2 were absolutley great..... Breakdown is amazing!

so you're saying i'm old :(

I never said that! :P

I'm 20 and I don't listen to hair.

GNR was more metal then anything. Not as hard core as Metallica but not as goofy 'lets go get some chicks' hair metal.

I didn't say it was mainstream or anything, but that it's starting to get popular around where I live. As for GN'R being metal; hardly. I would classify their overall sound as hard rock, although they have several songs that prove to be an exception.

kiss and van halen :puke:

gnr was heavy soft rock..they wrote mostly about men/women relationships...not really grunge

however. whenever I hear civil war or estranged I have a shivers. they're musical master pieces.

you power arm with starving soldiers in a human grocery store, ain't that fresh ?! I don't need no civil war

by the way. Habby, your buddy's really good

Content-wise, they were definitely not grunge, although I believe stylistically they may have influenced Nirvana with their sound dynamics in Appetite. My favourite GN'R song will always be Coma though, simply stunning.

I never said that! :P

I didn't say it was mainstream or anything, but that it's starting to get popular around where I live. As for GN'R being metal; hardly. I would classify their overall sound as hard rock, although they have several songs that prove to be an exception.

Content-wise, they were definitely not grunge, although I believe stylistically they may have influenced Nirvana with their sound dynamics in Appetite. My favourite GN'R song will always be Coma though, simply stunning.

too bad that radio conscious bands don't do more of those 16 minutes songs...

coma is one of my favourite gnr...after civil war, estranged and november rain ( killer guitare solo !!)

overall though, appetite for destruction is the best

too bad that radio conscious bands don't do more of those 16 minutes songs...

coma is one of my favourite gnr...after civil war, estranged and november rain ( killer guitare solo !!)

overall though, appetite for destruction is the best

Definitely have to agree with you there, Appetite is just solid all the way through, while the Illusion saga has a lot of hit and miss. I wasn't a huge fan of the idea of using a horn section either.

I hate GNR i just hat the sound of their music.

I respect your opinion but you suck( just kidding) :P

I can undrestand why you don't like them