I Hate Glen Healy! Part 2

The-Habby2919

I refuse to watch TSN's between period coverage now. Tie Domi is a joke. Has TSN's ratings increased at all with this loser on the air?

Probably... I think it really doesn't matter who they put on TSN now... They know they are the only game in town for games...

The 'MUTE' button is a beautiful thing!

Probably... I think it really doesn't matter who they put on TSN now... They know they are the only game in town for games...

The 'MUTE' button is a beautiful thing!

whenever i see that whining boot britney spears on tv i hit the mute button.

Turn down the Tie. He has nothing to say of any interest to me. Play some music.

Bob McKenzie is the only guy worth listening to. If he says something bad about the habs it is because they deserve it. However, I bet in Toronto, he is the least favorite commentor. Why? Because he watches hockey with an unbiased eye. Shows the Leafs for what they are: slightly below average team that are unlikely to reach the playoffs.

Amazing as it sounds, I think the TSN coverage of hockey, albeit biased, is very good. Certainly the majority are Toronto-loving gomers, but if you can put that aside, the staff, by and large, is very well informed on all issues related to hockey.

MacKenzie is a brilliant draft guy, but I think he's overrated when it comes to the day-to-day stuff. Not that he isn't highly informed and intelligent, just that, when compared to, say, the Glenn Healy's of the staff, Bob looks like an utter genious.

Darren Dreger was a *brilliant* acquisition for the network. That guy really knows his stuff and compares very favourably to MacKenzie in my mind.

Pierre McGuire, for all the hate-on Habs fans have towards him, is highly knowledgeable and very well informed. He's also a closet Habs fan, but he's professional enough not to show his bias. The fact that he's so critical towards the Habs, and not negative as many perceive it to be, should be a large clue as to how closely he follows the team.

I have yet to hear Domi speak on the network, but for all the fuss and bluster about him being an ex-Leaf, the fact remains that he's always been an up front, classy guy. Bulldog and intimidating player, but he played by a code, and I get the impression he'll bring that to what he says on TV. I cannot see him being pulled down to the level of Healy.

As for Healy himself, well in my opinion, he embarasses himself everytime he opens his mouth. Not because he doesn't know and understand hockey because, in those few moments of clarity when his bias doesn't take hold of his tiny little brain, he has some very sound and inspired observations. Unfortunately, that extreme bias (particularly towards Montreal - sorry for beating you to a pulp repeatedly, buddy) has him spewing rank chunks whenever he talks about the Habs. Obvious example was his comment about Carbo looking at the names and wondering who they were. That was quite extreme.

On the other hand, we as Habs fans know them all, but I guarantee a fan from Phoenix (one of the three) will look at our roster and wonder about a great majority. Let's be honest here, we're not blessed with household names other than Koivu and Kovalev. Souray is okay, but he's really only been noticeable since he scored so much a couple of seasons back. Taking all that into consideration, one can come to understand Healy's comments. Having said *that* though, you can't take the disdain and contempt from his voice when he talks about the Habs.

Nice post, Colin.

Yes, of course TSN is biased towards the Leafs. It's a simple question of numbers: since Southern Ontario is easily Canada's biggest media market, and 98% of them are Leafs fans, TSN is obviously going to carry a pro-Toronto bias. I lived in England last year, and there the same biases there, but towards London. If you spend any time in Greece, you'll start wondering if there are any soccer/basketball teams that come from outside of Athens. I'm sure it's the same in every other country (e.g. "East Coast bias in the USA) and it's not going to change any time soon.

Amazing as it sounds, I think the TSN coverage of hockey, albeit biased, is very good. Certainly the majority are Toronto-loving gomers, but if you can put that aside, the staff, by and large, is very well informed on all issues related to hockey.

MacKenzie is a brilliant draft guy, but I think he's overrated when it comes to the day-to-day stuff. Not that he isn't highly informed and intelligent, just that, when compared to, say, the Glenn Healy's of the staff, Bob looks like an utter genious.

Darren Dreger was a *brilliant* acquisition for the network. That guy really knows his stuff and compares very favourably to MacKenzie in my mind.

Pierre McGuire, for all the hate-on Habs fans have towards him, is highly knowledgeable and very well informed. He's also a closet Habs fan, but he's professional enough not to show his bias. The fact that he's so critical towards the Habs, and not negative as many perceive it to be, should be a large clue as to how closely he follows the team.

I have yet to hear Domi speak on the network, but for all the fuss and bluster about him being an ex-Leaf, the fact remains that he's always been an up front, classy guy. Bulldog and intimidating player, but he played by a code, and I get the impression he'll bring that to what he says on TV. I cannot see him being pulled down to the level of Healy.

As for Healy himself, well in my opinion, he embarasses himself everytime he opens his mouth. Not because he doesn't know and understand hockey because, in those few moments of clarity when his bias doesn't take hold of his tiny little brain, he has some very sound and inspired observations. Unfortunately, that extreme bias (particularly towards Montreal - sorry for beating you to a pulp repeatedly, buddy) has him spewing rank chunks whenever he talks about the Habs. Obvious example was his comment about Carbo looking at the names and wondering who they were. That was quite extreme.

On the other hand, we as Habs fans know them all, but I guarantee a fan from Phoenix (one of the three) will look at our roster and wonder about a great majority. Let's be honest here, we're not blessed with household names other than Koivu and Kovalev. Souray is okay, but he's really only been noticeable since he scored so much a couple of seasons back. Taking all that into consideration, one can come to understand Healy's comments. Having said *that* though, you can't take the disdain and contempt from his voice when he talks about the Habs.

You forgot Dave Hodge. You have to respect the guy for showing up CBC and getting fired. A hero to CBC haters everywhere.

I'm actually suprised that Dave Hodge isn't in the Habsworld Hall Of Fame......is their a Habsworld Hall Of Fame?

I'd like to see a bi partisan TSN but I don't think thats going to happen.

Is any Sports-media organization in any major market ever Bi-Partisan? No. Nor should it be. Who cares if it has national coverage. TSN does a good job of providing news and notes from the 6 NHL teams. They do a great job of providing information from out West. I see more coverage of Edmonto, Calgary and especially Vancouver than I do of Toronto. Montreal and Ottawa seem to lag behind everyone else.

Not sure what their schedule is like the rest of the year but so far (including they Philly game) they'll have covered 67% of the Habs games. Doubt that will continue. But as for their Analysts, turn the game off during the intermission and watch Lost.

You forgot Dave Hodge. You have to respect the guy for showing up CBC and getting fired. A hero to CBC haters everywhere.

I'm actually suprised that Dave Hodge isn't in the Habsworld Hall Of Fame......is their a Habsworld Hall Of Fame?

KAOS YOU'VE MADE A POINT!!!

we need that!

Not sure what their schedule is like the rest of the year but so far (including they Philly game) they'll have covered 67% of the Habs games. Doubt that will continue. But as for their Analysts, turn the game off during the intermission and watch Lost.

or worse: watch RDS. what a bunch of yesmen. I really respect demers but he shouldn't be there.

Nice post, Colin.

Yes, of course TSN is biased towards the Leafs. It's a simple question of numbers: since Southern Ontario is easily Canada's biggest media market, and 98% of them are Leafs fans, TSN is obviously going to carry a pro-Toronto bias. I lived in England last year, and there the same biases there, but towards London. If you spend any time in Greece, you'll start wondering if there are any soccer/basketball teams that come from outside of Athens. I'm sure it's the same in every other country (e.g. "East Coast bias in the USA) and it's not going to change any time soon.

the english government seems to believe there is nothing outsid elondon aswell. :puke: