Going Bonkers For Bonk

CoRvInA

HEY OK he's still with a few mind cramps put he stuck his blade everywhere last night! Damn compare Bonk to NEdved ... both are paid the same amount... the utility of both (Now Defensive centres) is not even matchable Mr Bonkers giving his 100% even Glen HEalet mentioned "WOW Bonk"

Well no one's comparing Bonk to Nedved.

But Bonk hasn't shown that he has too much to offer Montreal. Regardless of scoring, which apparently at this stage in his career he doesn't seem inclined to do, the expectation was that he would be a big centre who could take some pressure off the smaller top two guys. Well guess what? Bonkers doesn't exactly use his size for much of anything.

So yes, he is capable defensively, but Montreal has plenty of young defensive players in the system who deserve a shot over re-signing him for next season. Or obviously there is the long awaited hope of an actual big offensive centre.

I think Bonk is a great fit for our team this year.

But i do thinks he's just filling space for untill Chipcura makes the big team. But for now, he's still reasonably usefull.

He is gettin lots of sxoring chances, kills penalties and takes up a good chunk of ice time, which does take the pressure off the first 2 lines

NIce to have Bonk on the team this year. He's playing well defensively and hopefully at some point this year will supply some offence. 15 goals would be nice. Should be acheivebale with Perezhogin and Johnson as linemates.

However next year is a different story. It would be nice to have him back at a huge discount. Like maybe $1 to $1.5(if he scores 15+ goals) Million. However, if he is seeking the similar or more money than he's making now, then its out the door with the old, and in the door with Chipchura and Lapierre next year

NIce to have Bonk on the team this year. He's playing well defensively and hopefully at some point this year will supply some offence. 15 goals would be nice. Should be acheivebale with Perezhogin and Johnson as linemates.

However next year is a different story. It would be nice to have him back at a huge discount. Like maybe $1 to $1.5(if he scores 15+ goals) Million. However, if he is seeking the similar or more money than he's making now, then its out the door with the old, and in the door with Chipchura and Lapierre next year

Yeap what about 50k per goal bonkers! I think it would even be safe to say 100k per goal if he nods in 15 goals 1.5 Mil sounds good to me! Now if money is what motivates him then bye bye...

I think everyone knows he is here for this season only, including himself. Therefore he will have a great year, winning his carreers only cup as a habs. Chips comes and next year and we repeat. Any Questions?

Thanks to the Niinimaa's trade Bonk started the season on the third instead of the fourth.

The immediate consequence of Ribeiro's leaving the team was that we lost Plekanec on the third line.

I dont think that our expected top lines's goals production should be lowered now that we have Pleks centering one of them over Ribs but I believe that our third line offensive potential should be lowered now that Bonk will be centering it as opposed of Pleks.

Gainey brought in Samsonov and Johnson in the off-season in order to improved the scoring ability of our team which was one of the lowest on record in the East last season.

No matter how well a team can play defensively....in this league....scoring is essentiel,....and even better if the scoring ability of a team is spread over it's first three lines.

In that regard,...will our third line as now centered by Bonk be able to deliver ? They will play good,.. no doubts...but will they be dangerous offensively to other team ? If they do we could end-up being one of the very good team out there this year.....otherwise will be a very descent team with a good fun factor attached to it.

Edited by PB

bonk doesn't have to score goals, he has two linemates who can do that

Bonk is a better passer than ppl give him credit for. I see him hitting the 35 point mark this year,

he'll be fine on the third line

I wish he was back on the 4th line but I really like the way he's been playing thus far this season.

ps: please get a suntan, radek.

I don't care if Bonk moved up because of the Niinimaa trade. We had to get rid of Ribeiro.

You mean we had to get Niinimaa and losing Ribeiro in the process was a good thing for the CH

....well that is the way I appreciated that trade anyway.

But my post is about Bonk and about the scoring potential of the CH being possibly affected by having

him centering the third line for the whole season.

its winter and men don't fake a bake.

right, but do something about is summer face, please.

now doing radek's part in the oncoming new habs movie: casper the friendly ghost.