Movies

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't hate it, he just thought they tried to be too epic. But it's the most quotable movie to come out in a while and Leonidas is a kickass character. I didn't list it in my top 10 movies. But it's great entertainment.

He didn't hate it, he just thought they tried to be too epic. But it's the most quotable movie to come out in a while and Leonidas is a kickass character. I didn't list it in my top 10 movies. But it's great entertainment.

No, he didn't say it on here but I remember him telling me on MSN that he thought it was terrible.

I liked it though. It loses it's awe-value after the first view but I still liked it.

Jesus christ, you just don't give up.

Your facts don't help you, all it shows is that The Hulk was a box office success. He doesn't have the fanbase that Batman does, thats common knowledge so obviously a Batman movie will do better. No one knew who Elektra was until Daredevil came out plus it was released in the film rellease dead zone, January.

I'm going to ignore everything else and just go straight back to Iron Man.

You said it will suck. That is without previous knowledge of the character and story. Your Iron Man knowledge is that 2 and a half minute clip. You proceeded to say "Because these comics are built around a solid story, with very strong characters, have all a little something who are going to place them over the average comics.

Seriously, a man who is captured by the enemy, builds up to himself an armor and weapons, can suddenly fly and destroy everything on his way."

So you're suggesting the Iron Man comics don't have a solid story and don't have strong characters and is just an average comic with no previous knowledge of the comic industry? Suffice to say, a bold statement. What is shown in the trailer, which you so eloquently described, is his origin. There is absolutely nothing in there to say what the movie will be about. All we know is Mandarin will be the villain but that means little to you since you don't know who he is. Marvel is making the movie BY. THEM. SELVES. ALONE. You think they won't give one of their top characters the attention he deserves?

By the way, LOTR, Sin City and Iron Man/Hulk/etc are all very different forms of literature that you can't compare as literature or movies. Majoring in English Literature, I think I'd know. Even with the smallest details, it's easier to go buy Sin City (only 8 novels) or LOTR (3 books) then The Hulk (50 years of comics with one a month in the straight series alone, let alone crossovers and events).

But this is where I end this. Not only are we just wasting bandwidth, I'm arguing about something with someone who knows nothing about it. Do you see a point to that? I don't. You telling me Iron Man doesn't deserve a movie is like a non-hockey fan telling an older Habs fan The Rocker didn't deserve a movie.

I'm out.

The Rocket deserve one. Doesn't mean Béliveau, Geoffrion, The Big 3 and Jacques Plante does...

• 3 weeks later...

Does somebody has comments about :

3:10 to Yuma by James Mangold

The assasination of Jesse James by the coward Richard Ford by Andrew Dominik

I want to see these 2 but doesn't have time to.

I didn't see it but my dad absolutely loved 3:10 To Yuma. He went on and on about it for like, a week.

good to know, Christian Bale and Russel Crowe reunited sounds good.

I heard Clooney is going to be nominated for an Oscar for Micheal Clayton...

I didn't see it but my dad absolutely loved 3:10 To Yuma. He went on and on about it for like, a week.

Same thing about my friend. The same one who said Transformers sucks.

@goalerexper - I also think it looks really good but hate the title.

I brought up a friend's opinion of a movie, mentioned his opinion of another movie opinion of his so yuo can compare tastes if you want. Why should it bother you? If you want to find my friend and argue with him about Transformers, go ahead, but I never saw it, and if I mention him in every post, it doesn't change anything or offend anyone (or atleast it shouldn't offend you :unsure:).

I'm not offended, I just saw no meaning behind it. 310 is good because Transformers sucked?

Comparing the two opinions is a really poor way of telling whether you'd like the movie or not too. They're so entirely different, theres nothing to really base a decision between the two.

I won't see 310 but I just don't like Westerns. Actually I loathe them. I'm only going to see Jesse James because 1) It was filmed in Calgary so I'll support a local production and 2) I have a couple friends who were cast as extras in it.

Point is, nothing was wrong until you started whining - had I said "the friend who said Crossroads sucks" no one would have said a thing (well, maybe Trizz).

I'm not offended, I just saw no meaning behind it. 310 is good because Transformers sucked?

Comparing the two opinions is a really poor way of telling whether you'd like the movie or not too. They're so entirely different, theres nothing to really base a decision between the two.

I won't see 310 but I just don't like Westerns. Actually I loathe them. I'm only going to see Jesse James because 1) It was filmed in Calgary so I'll support a local production and 2) I have a couple friends who were cast as extras in it.

Just want you to know that this has NOTHING to do with Transformers and/or Comics book and/or Comic movies and/or anything else related to anyone's tastes,

but how do you compare movies? All the westerns together, all the comics movies, all the war movies???

No. You can compare any movie together by evaluate them in terms of acting, visual effects, screen play, sound, directing, cinematography, even costume, realist, special effects, etc.

That's why they are able to award the Best motion picture of the year at Academy Awards. The members of jury have to compare for example Babel, Little Miss Sunshine, The Departed, Letters from Iwo Jima and The Queen, whose are all differents movies.

For my part, i just compare movies overally. For example, If a movie really stick to the origninal story, has great special effects and a very good soundtrack, but has a real lack of acting, directing and screenplay, it will remains a shitty movie.

And same for a deep movie with great actors but absolutely no emotion or attractive cinematography.

It's like saying you can't compare Dominic Hasek and Patrick Roy because they don't use the same goaltending style...

Does somebody has comments about :

3:10 to Yuma by James Mangold

I've only seen the original with Glenn Ford and Van Heflin.

Just want you to know that this has NOTHING to do with Transformers and/or Comics book and/or Comic movies and/or anything else related to anyone's tastes,

I still don't know where you got it in your brain that I somehow think all Comic Book movies are amazing. Seriously, I like more movies then just that. If you knew me (which you don't) then you'd know I hate most of them.

BTH, I wasn't "whining", I was confused about something and had it clarified. You don't need to be a smarmy little jerk. Actually the same can go for Joe.

I will not get into this :D

Oh, haha, didn't notice this. Good to see you backed that up.

Anyway, back to BTH. You said this

I brought up a friend's opinion of a movie, mentioned his opinion of another movie opinion of his so yuo can compare tastes if you want. Why should it bother you? If you want to find my friend and argue with him about Transformers, go ahead, but I never saw it, and if I mention him in every post, it doesn't change anything or offend anyone (or atleast it shouldn't offend you :unsure:).

and then I said

I only replied because you thought I was offended, which I wasn't so I thought I'd let you know. I actually read your post and realized it made sense.

Sheesh, some people fly off the handle.

I guess I'll add one last bit. I realize you can't just keep movies in the same genre to compare them but 310 and Transformers are on the other end of the spectrums. All we know is he/she didn't like it, not why. All we know is that it "sucked". Tell me how I can tell whether I'd like 3:10 because a movie about giant robots "sucked". I can't. Thats what I was getting at. I have a little more knowledge about movies then you want to give me credit for, Joe, just because our tastes don't match.

I have no clue whether Transformers actually sucked, I've never seen it. But the only movies that are uncomparable would be a comedy to any non-comedy. I think that's the one exception.