Movies

habs_in_the_blood

The donkey thing? You're using THAT as an example?

You really haven't seen me post around that much then if you took it seriously. BTH didn't even reply to it. Christ, I use that with my friends all the time, haha.

But if you want to be technical, his friend saying it sucked was the first shot. Comment served zero purpose and I have nothing to reply to if he keeps it to himself. After that I have it re-iterated to me while also being told I'm out of my mind to go back to the theater for a movie.

Is this in response to my post?

The donkey thing? What's that?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if you have a 50 foot screen and an amazing surround sound system. :wacko: Plus, in my case, as long as I go to a matinee, use my old student ID, or go to the dollar theater, it's cheaper to see it in the theater (a buck to three fifty) than it is to rent (4 bucks).

Ah, you see, just like you prefer to pay 3.50$ to go see a movie at a cheap theatre rather than watching it at home, other people prefer to see it at 9.50$ in a good theatre rather than going to a cheap place.

But Jets, part of the point of this thread is so people can discuss new movies and give reviews. The board got one opinion from you (that it's amazing) and another opinion from someone else who's seen the movie (that the movie is awful). If you've already seen the movie, than obviously the comment is not intended for you because you know if you like it or not - what happened to minding your own business and not commenting on other people's opinions?

• 2 weeks later...

Oke i finally saw TRANSFORMERS, damn how cool is that movie. i know the story isnt the best, but with all the good memories from being young and being a totally transformers addict it totally kicked ass. I never could wipe that smile of my face during the movie. I almost aplauded when Optimus made his apearance...also i have to say:nice buildup. They are building up the tension till the bots apeare. Thats very nice!(you always ask yourself, damn when are they coming, when is Optimus coming)

...and the girls looked nice!! Very nice!!

I prefered the girl with the dark hear, but the blond girl had one sexy accent, thats all one of my friends could talk about, hahah...

Ah, you see, just like you prefer to pay 3.50$ to go see a movie at a cheap theatre rather than watching it at home, other people prefer to see it at 9.50$ in a good theatre rather than going to a cheap place.

But like I've said, the viewing difference between two theaters is very small, while the difference between home and a theater is huge, literally.

what happened to minding your own business and not commenting on other people's opinions?

Isn't that the whole idea of a conversation, to respond to the other person?

Anyways, going to see the Simpsons movie today, not sure what to expect. Loved the Simpsons when I watched over 2/3 of the episodes during my first two years in college, but quickly tired of it, as the new seasons didn't seem very good. I hope Ralph has some good ones.

I heard they brought back some of the old writers for the Simpsons movie. If that's true then it should be good news.

And it's been getting good reviews I think, if that is any indication (which it can but may not necessarily be).

Well that sucks. I'll still go see it but if it's like the last few seasons, I'm sure I won't enjoy it as much. I think they almost waited too long to do a movie.

I saw Order of The Phoenix yesterday. Someone explain to me how the longest book becomes the shortest movie. By far. What they did include was still good but it just felt really, really hollow and incomplete.

You've got the 257 000 word count of OoTP compared to the 127 minute running time. Then you've got the 76 000 word count of the first book compared to the 151 minute running time. Really dissapointing.

BTH, I wasn't mad about peoples opinions of Transformers. It was the 5 people after going "Why the hell would you want to pay for the theater again, thats pretty stupid" with no background knowledge of where I live or the position I'm in. Opinions on movies is fine to share as long as you don't rape someone for their personal view. However the decision I made to go back to the theater shouldn't even be something that comes into question.

Avoided that for a while actually but I wanted to complain about Harry Potter. :P

I think what the director did was rip out the surplus pages and call the movie a summary of Order of the Phoenix - what he should have done was started from scratch and completely redone the movie with keeping the plot. Because the way he did it, he cut out things that made the rest of the story (and series) hard to understand.

On my trip I saw Ocean's Twelve (okay), Intolerable Cruelty (good, pretty funny), The Peacemaker (average), True Lies (pretty good) and Alexander (pretty crap).

Yeah, you nailed it pretty much. I was supposed to go with my buddy tomorrow who borrowed all my Harry Potter books but he hasn't gotten to OotP yet, so I'm gonna force him to pick another movie. I don't want that to be the first time he hears the story because OotP is far and away my favorite of the series.

I'd still like to check out The Simpsons and I've yet to go see Die Hard so it'll probably be one of those.

I think Intolerable Cruelty is one of the more underrated Coen movies, at least here in Sweden. The Coens have a way of getting the absolute best out of George Clooney, who strikes me as a kinda hit or miss actor. The movie doesn't have as many Coen regulars though, if memory serves me right, I haven't seen it in a while.

I think Intolerable Cruelty is one of the more underrated Coen movies, at least here in Sweden. The Coens have a way of getting the absolute best out of George Clooney, who strikes me as a kinda hit or miss actor. The movie doesn't have as many Coen regulars though, if memory serves me right, I haven't seen it in a while.

I really liked that movie and I really like George Clooney - just he doesn't seem very versatile, he's the same character in every movie. He's good at what he does though.

Mon oncle Antoine

Jesus of Montreal

Night Zoo

got any other canadian films.

Denis Arcand's : Le déclin de l'Empire américain and Les Invasions Barbares.

got any other canadian films.

Possibly Canadian, possibey French movie shot in Canada, I'm not sure. Either way, it's a beautiful movie: L'Ours

I recorded it for my 4yo nephew. I don't know if he's seen it yet, but I love it! ^_^

Earlier this week I watched The Terminator and I just finished watching Terminator 3 again. I hadn't seen T3 since it was released on DVD, so it's been a while. I recorded both on a Swedish channel this past weekend. They showed T1 on Friday night at 9 and T3 on Sunday night at 9. What I don't get is why they didn't show T2. :P It would've been so sweet to get all three of 'em on (homemade) DVD's in one fell swoop.

Anyway, T1 feels pretty much like a B-movie. Maybe hindsight is 20/20, but the special effects aren't that great. They may have been 20+ years ago, but the Terminator mask Arnold wears is kinda crappy - in T2 they were much better, if memory serves me right. And the plot wasn't exactly written by Hitchcock or William Faulkner. Acting isn't precisely stellar. The role suits Arnold like a glove though. When I saw him I thought of a Rainier Wolfcastle line from the Simpsons episode when Sideshow Bob runs for mayor of Springfield. Barchibald T. Barlow (I think) presents the republican party's candidate, opens a door and behind the door is a watercooler. They congregation clap their hands and some bubbles appear in the watercooler. That Texas millionaire says "What'd it say?" Then Sideshow Bob appears in the doorway. Dr. Hibbert says "He's even better" and Wolfcastle says "I agree, I like the human touch." :lol: That's how I felt about Arnold and the mechanical robot they used. Figure out on your own which is the more human though. ;)

Anyway...

T3 was better than I remembered. I liked it. But T2 clearly is the pinnacle of the series.

...for now, at least.

I'm not sure why they'd have Edward Furlong as John Connor. Why not Nick Stahl?

Saw The Simpsons yesterday, most of it was pretty good. Starts to run out of gas though and gets a little boring. First half was fantastically hilarious though.

going to see it tonight!!

the actors who do the voices in french are so good that I might even see it tomorrow night in francais !!

Any of you guys seen Disturbia?

I saw a preview last week before Transformers, and it looked cool. I really want to see it. It opens here on august the 23rd. (USA=April 2007 :S )

I just rented it with a free trial, so I'll be watching it in the next day or so. I wanted to see it at the dollar theater, but they got a new owner right before it was going to go there and it never did. It was one of those movies I thought I wanted to see, but didn't want to risk spending full price on a stinker.

Saw The Simpsons yesterday, most of it was pretty good. Starts to run out of gas though and gets a little boring. First half was fantastically hilarious though.

I think i give it a 7,5 out of 10. And if it wasn't The Simpsons but another animated comedy, i'd give it a 8,5 easily. I'm too critic when it comes with the Simpsons.

I think i give it a 7,5 out of 10. And if it wasn't The Simpsons but another animated comedy, i'd give it a 8,5 easily. I'm too critic when it comes with the Simpsons.

Sounds about right, probably a solid 8 from me.

I'll buy it when it's out on DVD.

I just rented it with a free trial, so I'll be watching it in the next day or so. I wanted to see it at the dollar theater, but they got a new owner right before it was going to go there and it never did. It was one of those movies I thought I wanted to see, but didn't want to risk spending full price on a stinker.

Oke so i hear from you in a couple of days, thanks ;)