The Experience (german)

"Comedies and slightly funny or action movies"

Bon Cop Bad Cop (from Québec)

Corpe's Bride

Nightmare before Christmas

Crazy (from Québec)

Edwards Scissorshands

Encino Man

Austin Powers Goldmember (dunno why i don't have the 2 firsts...)

Sleepy Hollow

Big Fish

3 Musketeers (O'Donnel, Curry, Sheen)

Lemmony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events

Déclin de l'empire américain (from Québec)

Invasions Barbares (from Québec)

Team America World Police

Ocean's 11 and 12

Pirates of the Carabians 1-2

Maverick (Mel Gibson, poker thing)

Charly and the Chocolate Factory

Ace Ventura 1 (2 sucks)

Dans une Galaxie près de chez vous (from Québec)

Robin Hoods Men in thights

Mafia

Spaceballs

Naked Gun 1-2-3

Basketball (Parker and Stone)

Hot Shots 1-2

Wrongfully Accused

Spy Hard

Underlined = belong to my girlfriend

On my list of future buy :

Lock Stock and 2 smokin' barrells

5th Element

Slapshot

Grindhouse

So basically, Leslie Nielsen, Tarrantino, Burton, Mel Brooks, a few classics and a few "coups de coeur".

What about you guys?

If I post my list then I will never be able to make another movie scene trivia again.

I don't know. I haven't been very inspired for a long time. I've got a couple of films I think I can find some good scenes in, but right now I can't come up with ten of them.

ADD: I just have three at the moment.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Hmm. Haven't seen Memento in a while either. I'll watch it again and get back to you. I don't remember any of the finer points of the plot.

The Usual Suspect had quite a lot of violence in it, if I recall correctly.

Great movie though. I like Kevin Spacey and I think Gabriel Byrne is good too.

There is mention of violence and there are guns drawn, yeah, but I only remember one real shooting scene (at the end).

You were right. There wasn't nearly as much violence in it as I thought.

I'm off to find the Memento disc now...

The problem is that there is insufficient data. Stuff you never learn about. I remember that after the first time I saw the movie I thought Lenny killed his own wife. After having seen it a second time, I don't know why I thought that.

Teddy is certainly suspicious, then again, so are Lenny and Natalie. And what about this Jimmy Grantz? I don't know how he fits in the puzzle. Seems everyone is using Lenny for unknown reasons.

I don't think Lenny is Sammy, but Lenny's memory isn't reliable He doesn't know whether he pinched his wife in the leg or if he gave her a adrenaline shot. Who knows what else in his memory is mixed up?

ADD: Oh btw, I don't think Sammy wasa faker. If he was then he musta been one helluvan actor.

I don't know what to think of the movie really. Feels like it makes even less sense after the second time than it did after the first time I saw it. I think I might have to digest it for a while.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

[i don't know what to think of the movie really. Feels like it makes even less sense after the second time than it did after the first time I saw it. I think I might have to digest it for a while.

Yeah, I felt the same way. I didn't even consider that Teddy was telling the truth until I read that that is the general concensus among fans. I also hadn't noticed the scene where Sammy is in the mental ward, at the very end of the scene it is Lenny sitting there instead of Sammy.

You been browsing the IMDB boards too, eh? ;)

It's a good movie, but what I don't get is how it can be #26 in the top 250 list. It's good but not that good.

Teddy's not one of my prime suspects, but it still feels like he's up to something. He might be a real cop but if he is then he's gotta be crooked. Like I said, everyone's using Lenny one way or the other, for reasons unknown.

I saw Live Free or Die Hard last night. Awesome movie - probably better than the old ones.

Yippie kai-yay, mother######er!

Yippie kai-yay, mother######er!

I heard he didn't say that in the new one because it was PG-13, which didn't make sense to me since you're allowed to say the f-bomb at least once in a PG-13 movie.

That's not true - of course he says it in the new one! It was, as usual, a very kickass moment.

That's not true - of course he says it in the new one! It was, as usual, a very kickass moment.

Good, that would have been BS had he not been able to say his trademark line. Whoever I heard that from on TV obviously had no idea what he was talking about.

Good, that would have been BS had he not been able to say his trademark line. Whoever I heard that from on TV obviously had no idea what he was talking about.

wouldn't shock me if he couldn't. Chinese censorship is cracking down lately. Back in the mid 80s their was this PG movie with nudity in it. lol

I heard that too actually, glad it wasn't true. I remember hearing it was "Yippy ki yay mother *gun shot*"

I saw Transformers twice last weekend. I don't think I need to say I absolutely loved it since, you know, I went twice in one weekend.

My friend said Transformers sucked.

I saw 1408 yesterday and didn't really like it. I guess it was better than some horror movies but there really wasn't much of a plot, just crazy stuff happening in a hotel room. We never really hear why the room is messed up and what exactly is doing all the "evil" stuff.

Die Hard was still much much better.

My friend's going to see Harry Potter right now (7.8 rating on IMDB, 3.5 stars from John Griffin of the Gazette - his article says that it was very good; that Daniel Radcliffe was so-so but that everything else was excellent) and if she likes it she'll go and see it a second time with me. If she doesn't like it enough to pay for it again, I'll see it with a couple of other friends. I'm so pumped. :D

My friend said Transformers sucked.

Your friend sucks donkey balls.

First person I've heard say that. Everyone I know has loved it, including people who don't typically like that kind of movie.

Same. Everyone I know has absolutely loved it. I'm up to 3 times now, I'll be going atleast one more time since my dad wants to see it too. After that, I'll probably just download it to save myself some money.

It's probably my #1 movie all-time actually. At the very least in my top 3.

That's something I don't get. Why would you want to see a film more than once at the cinema?

That's something I don't get. Why would you want to see a film more than once at the cinema?

Specially Transformers?!?!

I saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix yesterday. A good movie, a lot of action, but a lot of differences comparing with the book. I knew it would be like that cuz the book has 1000 pages...

#1. You enjoyed the movie so much you can't wait for DVD.

#2. Movies are better in a theater than they are at home.

#3. Two different groups of friends go at different times, you want to hang out with both and enjoyed the movie well enough the first time to go again, rather than arguing about what to see.

#4. You go see the movie with friends. A parent wants to see the movie but the spouse doesn't want to go, so you volunteer to spend some quality time at the movies with a parent.

To anyone who has seen Memento:

What are your theories on the movie. Was Teddy telling the truth at the end? Was Sammy really a faker? Is Lenny really Sammy?

I read this yesterday. VERY interesting theory on 5 pages. http://archive.salon.com/ent/movies/featur...ysis/index.html