things are falling into place for the CH

PB

Strong performances from our goaltenting tendem and from our PK and PP guys have kept us in a good position within the Eastern conference while the team was still looking to fit the pieces where they belong.

I am shure we are not the only team in the league that took a dozen games to get pieces in appropriate

places and stand poised to reap the benifits from now on..........but a shure thing is that no other teams have had to juggle players to the point where an all out conversion of a winger into a center was necessary in order to get there......most un-usual and very daring indeed.....an in itself a testament of how special a player Kovalev is.

Our top lines are looking very good now and it seems that Kovalev more prominent role resulting from the coversion will benifit the team as a whole. Plekanec and Begin playing together has extented the goodies up to the fourth line.

MTL has never look better it seems.

Perhaps an improved 5 on 5 is in order. The comment was made in the press that the Habs should play the entire game shorthanded, Carbs said that he sometimes wonders if thats what they are trying to do. That statement makes me worry about our full-strength play. We don't want to end up like the 2005-2006 Leafs after all!

Perhaps an improved 5 on 5 is in order. The comment was made in the press that the Habs should play the entire game shorthanded, Carbs said that he sometimes wonders if thats what they are trying to do. That statement makes me worry about our full-strength play. We don't want to end up like the 2005-2006 Leafs after all!

Youre right, our 5 on 5 play needs work. But I agree with the original post, things do seem to be falling in to place. Unlike last year's 14-4 start, our wins have been more solid and the team feels alot more stable.

Let's hope that the chemistry keeps building and locker room sentiment stays postive.

Youre right, our 5 on 5 play needs work. But I agree with the original post, things do seem to be falling in to place. Unlike last year's 14-4 start, our wins have been more solid and the team feels alot more stable.

Let's hope that the chemistry keeps building and locker room sentiment stays postive.

Heh, if we keep this up, we'll be 14-4-6.

Agreed

Special teams are working good if not descently

Special teams are working very well if not decently Power play unit has suffered due to our line juggling, this should solve itself soon!

The lines seem to be on track for optimal gelling… (first and third line specially) the second line is still not out of trouble but were optimistic and as long as Kovalev is happy ( Yes believe it or not that line depends on his state of mind!)

And the Fourth line has potential to bite the opposition in the arse if they underestimate them! Freakin awesome!

Goalie situation seems to be stable (within our situation) as long as one of the goalies is hot we have nothing to fear… Unless some team calls Bobby and we have to make a choice. But that’s another topic…

The 5 on 5 situation is result of the juggling and the cohesion still to settle in on the three lines that have suffered changes… its just a matter of time

D still provides scary moments… two days ago we were screaming for Rivet’s head and Yesterday we get blown away by his play! I don’t want him to do more than that! And if he can still play like that fro 2 more years sign him at his present wage WTF!!!

Niinima is going through a Bonk like welcoming and transition… Yes we had wished more more offensive from him But the truth is that Bob and Carbo got him for what he does now a stay at home defenseman block shots and get the rebounds… nothing more… if he gets a surprise rush and goal from the blue line once every 20 games then Bonus!

Komi and Streit are the big delightful surprises! Oh man! And they are still cheap!!! Yeheee

Dandy and Bouillon are coming back soon… poor Garth murray or Downey at least one of them is going to Hamilton…

Edited by CoRvInA

Why would Downey or Murray go to Hamilton. Bouillon and Dandy are out indefinatley. When they ome back a D or 2 will be moved. The Habs have 3 D unrestricted at the end of the year. I don't think the PP struggles and 5 on 5 struggles are related to line juggling. It has more to do with alot of the forwards are perimiter players (although gradually changing) and the D is slow and don't rush into the play. If you notice when the PP is struggling they look to the pretty plays instead of shooting and going for rebounds.

Why would Downey or Murray go to Hamilton. Bouillon and Dandy are out indefinatley. When they ome back a D or 2 will be moved. The Habs have 3 D unrestricted at the end of the year. I don't think the PP struggles and 5 on 5 struggles are related to line juggling. It has more to do with alot of the forwards are perimiter players (although gradually changing) and the D is slow and don't rush into the play. If you notice when the PP is struggling they look to the pretty plays instead of shooting and going for rebounds.

When did indefinitely mean definitely out for the season? Dandy could be back in 2 or 3 months so as for Bouillon or earlier or later no one knows but chances are it’s well before the season is through! So where do we stick Dandy and Bouillon… Is it that easy for you to say well if they do come we’ll trade Souray or Markov or Rivet? Isn’t it easier to send Murray down?

Where did I say the PP is struggling? Since the debate on the Second line started our top PP in the league has fallen a few steps… proof: 0 for 5 vs the laughs 0 for 5 vs the Sens and 1 for 6 vs the Canes… hmmm if that is as good as before then I don’t know what games your watching.

Why wouldn’t line juggling be a possible added problem if your forwards are perimeter players? Koivu’s line isn’t as hot as before would they have become perimeter forwards too?

Yeheee

Dandy and Bouillon are coming back soon… poor Garth murray or Downey at least one of them is going to Hamilton…

The Habs don't have to send anyone down. They never called anyone up to replace the roster spots of injured players. Lapierre was called up for the 1 game in case Bonk couldn't go, but he was sent back. Other than saving a rather insignificant amount of cap room, it wouldn't make any sense to send Downey or Murray down. Regardless, when Bouillon (and I haven't heard anything about him coming back "soon") and Dandenault return, it will be a glut of defenseman and not a surplus of forwards.

Yeah, the 5 on 5 play needs work. But, this may be the result of a rush and gun style when the opportunities come. That is, waiting for the opposition to make the mistakes and then you attack. This is all a consequence of strong defensive and shutdown play. Carbo and Jarvis do the talking and Muller coaches the attack.

What I think might be wrong is that the players are waiting too much and in doing so, suffer more attacks or let downs. The puck gets clogged in the zone etc.

In no way I am saying that the coaches' system is responsible for this let down. The players must adapt to this. I'm sure our glorious staff are working on it.

We have to remember. Carbo hasn't even had a year to know these guys. Many of them had never met Muller before now, nevermind understanding his system. The only guy that has been around for a while is Jarvis.

The team and their strategy is still growing. They will get Better :D

THEY WILL :hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN