Higgins out for at least 6 weeks!

Aebischer4life

OMG!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

I really hope they call up a kid to get some experience...no way Lats will stay on the top line for 6 weeks!

:o

ouch

Well two immediate possibilities -- In Edmonton, if Lats plays like he does in training camp then he'll stay on the top line and the weeks will fly by and all will be rosy. Higgins coming back will be a happy situation of too many players for the spots. Otherwise, if Lats isn't ready, and realistically he shouldn't be ready, then we'll see our first line broken up, and they'll be many questioning the decision to let Higgins return to the game when his ankle was injured, and we'll have to hope Samsonov steps up big. But what a fuggin' blow to the team chemistry Habs were developing!

Ok everyone...hands away from the panic button please.

This is a loss, but a managable one. We don't want a repeat of the playoffs last year do we..when we melted down after losing Koivu.

Many people on this board have said anyone playing with Koivu could produce so lets give Lats a chance before we decide if he can handle it or not.

F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK!

I really hop this doesn't have the effect that losing Kovy did last year. We won only 7 of our next 2 games after being 1st in the East I think. Damnit.

Edited by les_glorieux

Honestly, if anyone deserves to get called-up its Lapierre, not Kosty.

Lapierre: 11 GP, 4 G, 7 A, 11 PTS, +7

Kostitsyn: 9 GP, 1 G, 4 A, 5 PTS, +2

Besides, if Lats get the 1st line spot, we need to call up a checker to play on the 3rd or 4th. The problem is that Lapierre is a C/RW...

What I'd try is:

Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder

Samsonov - Kovalev - Perezhogin

Plekanec - Bonk - Johnson

Begin - Lapierre - Murray/Downey

In any case, lots of players can pinch in to replace Higgins aside from Lats: Samsonov, Perezhogin, Plekanec can all be tried there.

Agreed, if i'm not mistaken didn't Perez play with Koivu the last few games of the year when Ryder sat out a few games. Maybe putting him up there. It will be a tough decision on who gets called up, they will continue to need offense.

I did like Lats with Bonk and Johnson. He can learn alot from the way those 2 guys are playing.

I AGREE!! Give the kid (AK46) a chance coach...you dont have to keep him up if he ain't working, but I have a feeling Carbo won't regret the decision!

Edited by cfposi

Kostitsyn has better bloody play. That's a lot of offense we're losing... Lapierre or Downey or whoever else might be taking his place isn't going to provide any O.

This is an absolute catastrophe.

Carbo said he'll call up someone before the road trip. He said if Lats dont pan out, his second option is... Begin.

For now the lines will be:

Lats-Saku-Ryder

Sammy-Kovy-Zhog

Begin-Bonk-Johnson

Murray-Plex-Downey

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/216613.html

I'm still guessing Lapierre will get the call up. I'm a Kosty fan too, but I see Lapierre as a better and more legit fit here than Kosty because it's a 3rd/4th line spot that needs to be filled. Carbo will try guys already on the roster to replace Higgins. So Kosty on the 4th? Meh...

I think Carbonneau's decision might be based on hoe well Latendresse plays on the Koivu line. If Lats does a great job and shows positive signs, Lapierre will be called up. Otherwise, Kostsitsyn will replace him on one of the offensive lines.

I really hope Kost gets the call, and finally gets his first real chance to play in the NHL.

I think Carbonneau's decision might be based on hoe well Latendresse plays on the Koivu line. If Lats does a great job and shows positive signs, Lapierre will be called up. Otherwise, Kostsitsyn will replace him on one of the offensive lines.

I really hope Kost gets the call, and finally gets his first real chance to play in the NHL.

Did you read what I just wrote? Carbo said he'd use Begin if Latendresse doesn't pan out.

Right now seems Kosty looks far in the coach's plans. With good reasons, Kosty came close to get a roster spot with 3 very solid games to end the training camp; then when sent back to the AHL... nothing. Either he's injured or down on himself or pouting, I dont know; but he's not playing like a guy who wants to get noticed and be an unequivocal call up. To go from there to 1st line in MTL, I dont see it happen right now.

Since Carbo said he'd wait before going on that 4 game road-trip before calling someone up, it'll leave guys in Hamilton time to know there's a spot up for the taking. But they only play 1 game before the 11th, just 1 game to impress... I dont think it'll be enough, but you never know.