Game Thread | Boston vs. Canadiens | 12/04/06

Spider-Man NL

Well the good news is the Habs only took off about 20 minutes of last nights game. The last 10 of the first and the first 10 in the second. Huet had an off night however better defensive zone play and TURNOVERS really cost them big tonight. The inability to get the puck out of the zone without icing it cost them on goal number 5. I think the Bruins changed 3 times before they finally scored with the 4th line out there. The good news is they played hard and fought back but i'm not really into moral victories, it doesn't get you 2 points.

As for the start of the losing streak, it may be a long one, they can't beat the devils, the islanders will definitely out work them and Buffalo is the best in the east. I hope i'm wrong but i see a losing streak the rest of the week. I have confidence in the coaching staff but not the players. They take too many nights off.

The second line is so bad, Kovy another minus 3, as well as Souray. Once higgins comes back i would consider moving Kovy down to play with Begin and Murray, maybe that would give his head a shake. Put Higgins with Koivu and Lats, put Ryder with samsonov and pleks. It couldn't be any worse then it is now. Plus those guys atleast hustle.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my record is over 8-1-3 now too bad I was there for that regulation loss. The Bell Centre was pissed at that no call on Stuart for taking Ryder’s legs out but why did he sit on the ice for so long after there was no call??

Huet had a rough game and Aebischer was no better. Habs have lost 3 of their last five and have 3 tough games to close the week out. Tomorrow nights game will be interesting as there are lots of questions.

Kovalev has been trying while in the offensive zone but he is so disinterested in the defensive zone it kills me. When Higgins comes back he needs to rest his knee or something along those line because he just is not playing to what I am used to. I am not one of the people who expects big efforts from Kovalev on a regular basis I know what kind of a player he is, but he is disappointing me and I am not sure if it is because he is injured or not getting along with Carbonneau/Plekanec/Samsonov but things need to change.

For the first shift in the third period or the second line Kovalev was on the bench Begin took his spot and I thought Carbonneau was going to sit him for the rest of the game but he did not. I think a message has to be sent soon because if he puts another -3 up I will be extremely disappointed. .

You were at the game JMMR? SWEET!!

My overall record going to hockey games is 1-1.

I've only been to 2 NHL games.

Went to a Blues-Flames game about 10 years ago. Blues lost.

Then two months ago went to the Canucks-Blues game. Canucks won.

I am going to the Habs-Blues game when they come here. (They'll win)

Love going to hockey games though so exciting. Just wish more people were in the stands. When you can count the people in the arena you feel like you're watching a hockey game in your backyard and you are the only one cheering.

Damnit, i couldnt see the third period, but we were so good. That comeback was impressive! I had no worries at all (oh well a bit then, cuz the first period we played awesome to but gave away 2 goals)

Impressive play by our Habs, sore lose. But you got that sometimes. Get them next time. ('bout the rivalry, i feel more tension with against the Leafs, dislike them more, how about you guys, closer to the game)

('bout the rivalry, i feel more tension with against the Leafs, dislike them more, how about you guys, closer to the game)

Always hated the Booins almost as much as the Laughs.

Both teams desearve what they get, an early golf season every year.

On TQS today Huet said he was disgusted with himself after the game.

Well, though I can understand his 'self-disgust', I'm not at all disgusted with him. He's human like the rest of us and will have off games too. Big deal.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Yeah Huet aint no Robot!! I think we put him in next game, i think he is focused more than ever! He wants that win!

It will be Aebischer though. I don't mind who's the goalie as long as the Habs win. Huet has nothing to lose, he has a long-term contrat and I don't think his goal is to make the all-star team. Aebischer, however, is playing for a contract (UFA this summer). Let see if he can't win the goalie of December award :D

:ghg: