News on Rivet?

MCeh

Has anyone heard or read any update on Rivet's status? He blocked a snapshot with his wrist/forearm against the Laughs..

I've found nothing so far.

Hope he only suffered some bruising, 'cause he's been invaluable on the PK.

rds is reporting that we r going to know more tomorrow (monday) coz we will have the test results or sumthing like that...

:)

really hope we don't have to play ninimaa

On the game against TO, Komi replaced Rivet on Souray's pair, and Markov was paired with Dandeneault. Bouillon was the buffer, taking the odd shift with Souray, Komi and Dandy.

I'm thinking that if Rivet is out, Komisarek will play with Souray (Carbo loves to have a big pair with Bonk's line)... Dandy might be matched with Markov and we'll see either Niinimaa or Streit tagged with Bouillon... I'm thinking most likely Niinimaa.

Niinimaa should get a game or two with Dandenault he was pretty good when playing his correct side earlier in the year.

That's a very interesting point! I wonder if Janne is one of those players who do not play their off position well at all. I'm pretty sure I recall Rivet being placed in his off position a couple of seasons ago, and the results were disasterous.

Now, what side is his "good" side, so I can start to focus on that whenever I see him play?

that rivet has performed better than niinimaa is no testament to the quality of his play.

It's probably time of niinimaa to get a shot at redemption. He is a very talented guy and it is probably driving him nuts to be on the outside looking in. Hopefully he takes advantage of whatever chance he has.

Streit played a lot better than Ninimaa.. he deserve the spot more.

Looks like he is good enough to play.

From TSN

"Notes: Craig Rivet has a wrist injury but is in the line-up tonight. There is a chance the club will dress seven defencemen just in case. If they do, Mark Streit is in. - TSN"

am I the only one that actually likes niminaa?

No, but don't tell anyone! Everyone loves a goat. If he wasn't here (and Traverse hadn't snuck into the lineup) then Rivet would probably be the whipping boy. I'm sick of spouting off the same "Niinimaa played on his OFF side" every time a defenseman thread pops up. If it isn't drilled into some people's heads by now, it never will be.

well, he's playing against boston... having a bit of a difficult game though

GO :hlogo: GO!

No, but don't tell anyone! Everyone loves a goat. If he wasn't here (and Traverse hadn't snuck into the lineup) then Rivet would probably be the whipping boy. I'm sick of spouting off the same "Niinimaa played on his OFF side" every time a defenseman thread pops up. If it isn't drilled into some people's heads by now, it never will be.

Tell me about it. I almost had to make it my signature! :P