stores clerks sick of christmas music !

MAK

only in french, sorry

this is awesome. as fast translation: studies try to point out the psychological effect of an overdose of christmas music.

most of christmas music is depressing and it's meant for people too feel bad about them selves( in too many cases that is).

were I work, ladies put on a softrock radio station and most of the songs, these days, are Xmas songs. the sad part about it is that it's mostly cheap versions of hasbeen singers. I heard about 3 versions of that great john lennon song but I didn't hear the real version...WTF ??

I used to work in a walmart on a night shift. so we heard all the crappy songs louder than day time. let me tell you it was a nightmare. I feel for those who have to endure that music all day long. :wall:

well.. i'm working christmas eve and christmas day... christmas music will probably be depressing for me.

What I'm saying is that Christmas music, by itself, is not depressing. You will be depressed because you are working on those days like they are regular days, but the music reminding you they are not. It's not the music itself that is depressing.

Case in point: Go put on some Trans-Siberian Orchestra and crank it up!

What I'm saying is that Christmas music, by itself, is not depressing. You will be depressed because you are working on those days like they are regular days, but the music reminding you they are not. It's not the music itself that is depressing.

Case in point: Go put on some Trans-Siberian Orchestra and crank it up!

this the music I like, musical, it has rythm, energy, no lyrics, no cheap artist who are trying to make a few bucks out of christmas. unfortunately, it's not the kind of music that we hear on radio.

the article wasn,t saying it was the music per se, but more of an overdose of it. at Mall wart, it started right after halloween so it's almost 50 days of the same music :puke:

this the music I like, musical, it has rythm, energy, no lyrics, no cheap artist who are trying to make a few bucks out of christmas. unfortunately, it's not the kind of music that we hear on radio.

the article wasn,t saying it was the music per se, but more of an overdose of it. at Mall wart, it started right after halloween so it's almost 50 days of the same music :puke:

That's exactly what I've been saying, it is factors other than the music itself that is annoying/depressing. Annoying because it's non-stop for weeks on end. Depressing because of your own situation.

As for TSO, a lot of their music has lyrics. The stories they tell in their CDs are fantastic, expecially the one for Beethoven's Last Night (their non-Christmas album).

That's exactly what I've been saying, it is factors other than the music itself that is annoying/depressing. Annoying because it's non-stop for weeks on end. Depressing because of your own situation.

As for TSO, a lot of their music has lyrics. The stories they tell in their CDs are fantastic, expecially the one for Beethoven's Last Night (their non-Christmas album).

some of the songs are slow paced and sometimes lyrics can be on the sad side( a few french songs at least) I fact, I have to say that I find english, christmas music a bit merrier( the way it should be)

As for TSO, I'm aware of one of their songs( the one with the cool vid the guy made with his house)

I'll look more after them as soon as I got to a music store.

Edited by marky_and_komi

http://www.trans-siberian.com/multimedia/index.shtml

They have quite a few songs in both audio and video format. By far their best is in the video section, Christmas Eve in Sarejevo. Most of the songs on the site are one without lyrics.

thanks !!

only in french, sorry

this is awesome. as fast translation: studies try to point out the psychological effect of an overdose of christmas music.

most of christmas music is depressing and it's meant for people too feel bad about them selves( in too many cases that is).

were I work, ladies put on a softrock radio station and most of the songs, these days, are Xmas songs. the sad part about it is that it's mostly cheap versions of hasbeen singers. I heard about 3 versions of that great john lennon song but I didn't hear the real version...WTF ??

I used to work in a walmart on a night shift. so we heard all the crappy songs louder than day time. let me tell you it was a nightmare. I feel for those who have to endure that music all day long. :wall:

oh......... bah... humbug...

don't want to sound or be callous but, you work retail, you get to live the sales environment and mentality, like it or not... as a retail person, you're just there to help the retailers make their money. If you don't like it, guess what? Your're replaceable... It's sad but it's true...

As for the christmas muzac... two more days... that's all...

GO :hlogo: GO!