Oil is about to go through the roof

Pierre the Great

Security Council slaps sanctions on Iran

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061224/ap_on_...un_iran_nuclear

this is just the beginning..... :unsure:

i'm just glad i don't own a STUPIDMOBILE (hummer, gmc yukon, chevy suburban, ford expidition, ford excursion, navistar international, etc, etc, etc, etc...)

GO :hlogo: GO!

The biggest hummer dealership in the world is by my house. War crimes against the earth.

http://www.lynchhummer.com/

amen...

thoroughly irresponsible navel-centered outlook...

i'm not hoping for ridiculously high gas prices but when they come (and they will eventually...), these people will want to unload these monstrosities and there'll be no buyers...

STUPIDMOBILES!!!!

not around here sadly although the toyota yaris is on a 5 month waiting list. lol.

The rich people around here who think they're entitled to everything and anything will still by those things.

That dealership is on a flood plain that made national and world headlines back in '93 when the river flooded. Now they've turned about 15 miles of farm land into a shrine to evil uncontrolled capitalism. Its now the longest strip mall in the country and it continues to grow and grow for no reason. All its doing is creating sprawl and urban decay.

pathetic.

If I had my way in the cities of North America people should be driving these kind of cars for commuting.

City Cars:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/best-in-class/city-cars.html

For newlyweds:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/best-in-class/small-family.html

Oops newlyweds now have a baby:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/best-in-class/compact-mpv.html

Soccer Mom's:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/best-in-class/large-mpv.html

That would be my world. Funny thing is that Europe.

I'm all for saving the environment and shit... but no ones taking my car away from me. No one.

Agreed, coming from a family that does have several big Vehicles (Jeep, Tahoe) . As a Canadian, it is our right to own one. Now people may disagree with this, but it's not their decesion. If you have the money to pay for it, and don't mind too, who is someone to say we can't. Not trying to say it's good, but it is a right.

Agreed, coming from a family that does have several big Vehicles (Jeep, Tahoe) . As a Canadian, it is our right to own one. Now people may disagree with this, but it's not their decesion. If you have the money to pay for it, and don't mind too, who is someone to say we can't. Not trying to say it's good, but it is a right.

You don't have a right to own one as in constitutional speaking. Its a choice a bad one but there is no right that says I can drive whatever I want and not get consquences from driving it. So don't be surprised when you have to pay higher taxes because you drive a higher polluting vehicle. This idea of I can drive whatever I want and you can't make me bull is typical close minded thinking thats made this continent's transportation choices archaic and out of date. we are still in this fantasy land of thinking, that what I and you do doesn't not overall effect on the world. Couldn't be more wrong.

I drive a Olds 88 v-6 and get better milage than my mothers new PT cruiser with 4 cyl. I like old guy cars and burn super. Ever try and get a family of 5 in a Toyota Corolla? We did for a bit, didn't work. HAte minivans so the big GM is great for me. Gas? Yes I burn it, and create my own, don't see an issue. If it costs me more due to AMericas muscle flexxing, so beit. I still say Canada should close its borders and be selfsufficent. We have our own.

Ever try and get a family of 5 in a Toyota Corolla?

we only had corollas when we were young and we were 5. never saw a car with so little amount of leg room in the back. with my knee problems, it was always a pain in the ass riding in the back of it.

I own one and since I don't have kids I 'm ok for a few years but as soon as they'll be 5-6, I'll have to switch.

You don't have a right to own one as in constitutional speaking. Its a choice a bad one but there is no right that says I can drive whatever I want and not get consquences from driving it. So don't be surprised when you have to pay higher taxes because you drive a higher polluting vehicle. This idea of I can drive whatever I want and you can't make me bull is typical close minded thinking thats made this continent's transportation choices archaic and out of date. we are still in this fantasy land of thinking, that what I and you do doesn't not overall effect on the world. Couldn't be more wrong.

Well when the car manufacturers decide to come out with an SUV or Truck that can perform as well as they do now without any omissions , doesn't use gas and cost the same or less, then I'm sure everyone would scoop them up

I drive a Olds 88 v-6 and get better milage than my mothers new PT cruiser with 4 cyl. I like old guy cars and burn super. Ever try and get a family of 5 in a Toyota Corolla? We did for a bit, didn't work. HAte minivans so the big GM is great for me. Gas? Yes I burn it, and create my own, don't see an issue. If it costs me more due to AMericas muscle flexxing, so beit. I still say Canada should close its borders and be selfsufficent. We have our own.

simple answer to that would be to get a Toyota Matrix.

not around here sadly although the toyota yaris is on a 5 month waiting list. lol.

The rich people around here who think they're entitled to everything and anything will still by those things.

That dealership is on a flood plain that made national and world headlines back in '93 when the river flooded. Now they've turned about 15 miles of farm land into a shrine to evil uncontrolled capitalism. Its now the longest strip mall in the country and it continues to grow and grow for no reason. All its doing is creating sprawl and urban decay.

pathetic.

we drive a toyota echo (replaced by the yaris but essentially the same car) and a toyota corolla...

good cars

I'm all for saving the environment and shit... but no ones taking my car away from me. No one.

who's talking about taking your car away from you?

i don't see that in this topic above your post.

all that's being said is that the price of oil is going to rise radically. i simply added that those who drive gas guzzlers (which are economically and environmentally irresponsible) are really going to feel the bite where it counts - in the pocket

if you own one of these, you'll soon see those results... they're inevitable...

i saw a news article on a canadian news network a while back when the gas prices peaked at somewhere at around $1.30 per litre, suv owners were getting nervous and talking about dumping their big machines - couldn't blame them.

gas prices have gone down since then giving them a false sense of security... it's only temporary, really... the prices will rise and continue to rise... heck, when I was married in 1972, we paid 50 cents a gallon (about 13 cents a litre) so, prices have gone up... not as much as they could have but they have... and they will continue to do so...

nevertheless, who's talking about taking your car away?... no one