Roy calling it Quits....

Habby1197

Originally posted by Justathot

Glad he won't darken any more NHL locker rooms. Wait until some of the stuff he pulled in Colorado becomes public. Just wait.

I don't care one iota what he did in the locker room... whether he threw a fit - or a VCR - or he stepped on a coach's shoes.

Some goalies are like that, Belfour comes to mind... and I don't care.

Besides the fantastic numbers he has put up, the number one thing he'll be remembered for is the legacy he left behind. The flood of goalies from quebec :que:, that's thanks to Roy... and that's the most impressive thing about his career: that it inspired so many others.

So even if Brodeur ends up surpassing Roy's stats by the time all is said and done... it won't matter to me, Roy will still be the King. :king:

P.S. I'll be curious to see if the Quebec city native will be content running the Remparts for long, and whether he comes back to the Habs :hlogo: if he ever decides to get invloved in the NHL in the future.

Roy isnt simple the best goalie in the history of the game, but also the best money player the league has known, with 3 Conn-Smythes to prove it.

This marks the end of an era.

Farewell Patrick.

I wonder if Jose will ever be talked about this way

Roy didn't have a completely glamorous career, even when he played for a terrible Habs team at one point.

Can Jose use that excuse too?

:clap::clap::clap:

Great career Patrick...

Revolutionized the position , he managed to evole his style throughout the years and remain successful , plus he is to thank for the new generation of great Quebec goalies.

Originally posted by sakiqc

What will shock people more it's when he'll dress Avs' jersey when entering the Hall of Fame

He won't... it's not like baseball.... you don't go in on a certain team.

yeah, players don't have to wear any team jersey.. only a HOF cap

he won't have the occasion to shock (not this way at least)

• 4 years later...

Well I was reading some of these old posts abd it was wierd toi see these headlines being talked about. It seems like such a long time ago. I think this was a huge headline but only had 8 replies at the time I started because it looks like Habsworld had just started out.

Now lets make a lot of replies on this headline like there should have been.

It is also nice to see all of these old members who i would have never known about if i hadent done a serch back to the old posts.

Is KoZed old the Kozed that everybody on Habsworld now knows today.

So let's discuss one of the geatest goaltenders of all-time's retirement from the game of hockey like it should hvae been discused with lots of replies.

Edited by Habsfan84

What? Roy is retiring? But what will he do now. He's still so young and full of passion for the game. This is a sad day for hockey.

hrm.. I wonder if he would ever consider coaching as a new career move?

Fair well st. patrick. thanks for the memories.

What? Why?

Am I supposed to pretend it's 2003 or just lament a retirement that happened 5 years ago?

I'll just pretend it's 2003 *ahem*

Damn those Minnesota Wild! I hate Andrew Brunette! I hope he never plays for the Avs and eliminates Dallas in 2006 on a beautiful OT goal! I thought this was the Avs year for sure. I know Selanne is a free agent, maybe Anaheim will release Kariya and they can both sign in Colorado! That wouldn't be a bust at all!

Anyway, thats a bad last game Patrick, quite a shame. Still my childhood hero though and heres hoping you go on to coach the Remparts and win the Memorial Cup in May 2006. I sure hope we retire your number next season on October 28th against the Calgary Flames. It'd be cool if we won the game by a score of 4 to 2.

Well I was reading some of these old posts abd it was wierd toi see these headlines being talked about. It seems like such a long time ago. I think this was a huge headline but only had 8 replies at the time I started because it looks like Habsworld had just started out.

Wow, this could be the record for oldest thread dredged up. HW was less than 3 weeks old at the time.

Is KoZed old the Kozed that everybody on Habsworld now knows today.

Yes, it's the same guy. He was one of the originals, then left the site for a couple years. He came back under a different name, then changed back to KoZed once people found it. Ended up not being a big issue since he wasn't trying to use both accounts at the same time. Otherwise he could have been banned, haha.

Edited by Fanpuck33

Wow, this could be the record for oldest thread dredged up. HW was less than 3 weeks old at the time.

I just thought it would be interesting to see some of the guys that most have never seen before.