RDS for everyone!

Prime Minister Koivu

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, strange that my cable listing lineup only has the 2 Pens games and that's it. What URL do we follow to watch stream online or is it just a matter of going to rds . ca and winging it?

Are the other 6 games online? Help :)

I am assuming that the games will be available online when the regular season commenses in October (also in conjunction with the launch of RDS HD). All I can say is that now that I am living here in the UK, I could not be happier about the availability of the games Online. WOOT! GHG!

For those of us residing in Ottawa - beware. I just had an e-mail conversation with Rogers and they said that they currently have no plans for picking up RDS HD. Obviously there is some political demotivation here as their Ma Bell competition is a significant sponsor of the Habs. If you are a Rogers subscriber, it is in our best interests to pressure Rogers as soon as possible. I subscribe to full package with Rogers and told them point blank that I will switch very quickly if they don't respond positively very quickly. The more Habs fans that pressure, the better the odds that they will bend.

For those of us residing in Ottawa - beware. I just had an e-mail conversation with Rogers and they said that they currently have no plans for picking up RDS HD. Obviously there is some political demotivation here as their Ma Bell competition is a significant sponsor of the Habs. If you are a Rogers subscriber, it is in our best interests to pressure Rogers as soon as possible. I subscribe to full package with Rogers and told them point blank that I will switch very quickly if they don't respond positively very quickly. The more Habs fans that pressure, the better the odds that they will bend.

I will do the same with cogeco

Anyone that wants to post the link to the online petition on any other board or blog by all means do so.

When it is full I'll send it to any cable companies that people request/suggest.

This needs to be promoted more to get the people affected by it to sign.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/canadie...nite/index.html

I'm sticking to my guns... RDS is evil... they refuse to simulcast games if they have the rights to them which annoys the hell out of me because I hate listening to french for 3 hours straight. It gives me a headache. Sometimes I try and sync up NHL Radio broadcast with RDS TV feed but it's always a couple seconds off. :P

RDS = Evil. Period.

After months of calling Rogers and being told either 'I don't know' or 'I'm sure they'll add it' I've finally received the following email that Rogers that they have NO DATE for when RDS HD will be available in the Toronto area. This is a huge pain for me, and I'm sure others. Rogers has plenty of bandwidth in Toronto, so that's not an issue. I'm already paying $6.99 extra a month for a package of channels I don't want just to get regular RDS and the signal looks terrible. If you want to help convince them that there are Habs Fans in outside of the PdQ who would like to be able to watch their team in HD, please contact customer service and tell them this:

1-888-ROGERS1 (1-888-764-3771)

rogerscabletv@rci.rogers.com

http://www.rogers.com

It would be greatly appreciated!

Original Message:

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, we appreciate your use of

online customer service.

In your recent email, you are inquiring about programming of RDS in HD.

Unfortunately, we cannot give you a date on when RDS will be

broadcasted in HD. Be assured that we are constantly upgrading and

increasing our programming options and attempt to keep our current and

potential customers up to date of these changes on an ongoing basis.

We are pleased to have been able to address your inquiry. For additional

information please visit our website at www.rogers.com.

You are a valued customer and we thank you for your business.

For future reference with respect to this e-mail, please quote reference

number XXXXXXX

Regards,

XXXXXX

Rogers Online Customer Service http://www.rogers.com

Does anyone what's up with the RDS HD feed? I haven't seen an RDS HD channel pop up, so I'm not sure how they're going to go about doing that. I need to know if I'm going to bother buying an HD terminal to hook up to my 1080p LCD monitor...assuming Shaw offers RDS HD out here in BC.

This taken from wikipedia:

RDS will launch an HD edition of the channel starting for the 2007-2008 NHL hockey season (October 3rd, 2007), making it the only channel to broadcast all games of the NHL's Montreal Canadiens in HD. It also plans to add about 1000 hours of original HD programing in the first year. It is expected that, for example, Formula One, Montreal Alouettes CFL Football and the sports news show Sports 30 will be available in High Definition signal. [1]

YYYYEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!! Finally RDS HD!!

Does anyone what's up with the RDS HD feed? I haven't seen an RDS HD channel pop up, so I'm not sure how they're going to go about doing that. I need to know if I'm going to bother buying an HD terminal to hook up to my 1080p LCD monitor...assuming Shaw offers RDS HD out here in BC.

See my earlier post about Rogers not carrying it here. Just because it exists, is no guarentee it'll get picked up. Call or email Shaw. If enough people do this, may be they'll get the message.

I feel a little akward complaining about a french channel in english, but whatever it takes ;)

As long as I have at least regular RDS, I'll be happy. But not ecstatic. Especially if RDSHD is going to have F1, in that case I'd be stupid not to get it. If any of you other BCers know, be sure to put it up here. And if you're on the island, come on over for some brewskies and HD Habs.

I heard that RDS will only broadcast about 4 games on the net this year. Can anyone confirm? Sucks for those of us overseas (as much of a minority as we may be).

No decision yet concerning web broadcast:

"RDS détient les droits francophones sur la LNH et les droits d'exploitation des autres plates-formes, certaines en partenariat avec le Canadien. Il est question de retransmettre les matches du Canadien sur rds.ca partout au Canada et sur la planète, comme l'entente le lui permet, mais aucune décision n'a encore été prise."

No decision yet concerning web broadcast:

"RDS détient les droits francophones sur la LNH et les droits d'exploitation des autres plates-formes, certaines en partenariat avec le Canadien. Il est question de retransmettre les matches du Canadien sur rds.ca partout au Canada et sur la planète, comme l'entente le lui permet, mais aucune décision n'a encore été prise."

Can you translate im confused hahah.