2008 US Election

Mont Royale

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a speech.

Yah.

1. Do you feel like that after listening to Jean Charest or in Harper? He could be elected president of the world with such a speech.

2. When was the last time you felt like that listening to a politician? (Lucien Bouchard is the only one I can think of, that I can remember hearing, in direct... but even then...)

3. OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE, WHAT A BIG STEP between him and in Bush.

Yah.

1. Do you feel like that after listening to Jean Charest or in Harper? He could be elected president of the world with such a speech.

2. When was the last time you felt like that listening to a politician? (Lucien Bouchard is the only one I can think of, that I can remember hearing, in direct... but even then...)

3. OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE, WHAT A BIG STEP between him and in Bush.

Possibly the FDR or JFK of our generation. A big break from the past, a paradigm shift that ushers a new era.

Can you say "pressure"?

What he'll have going for him is that even a gaggle of silverback apes could do better than the precedent Administration.

Yah.

1. Do you feel like that after listening to Jean Charest or ######in Harper? He could be elected president of the world with such a speech.

3. OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE, WHAT A BIG STEP between him and ######in Bush.

Politics is Mickey Mouse in Canada compared to that. Every word comes out with spit and polish in the States. Up here speech writers - if they're used at all - plagerize. ;)

And what do you mean big step between him and Bush? Bush was a great speaker! I don't think I've seen a better comedian in years.

Props to McCain for his speech - and shutting up the boo-birds. Good fella, wrong party at the absolute worst time.

What is it, 76 days and counting in the Bush ... er... regime? Tough to find a polite word.

Politics is Mickey Mouse in Canada compared to that. Every word comes out with spit and polish in the States. Up here speech writers - if they're used at all - plagerize. ;)

And what do you mean big step between him and Bush? Bush was a great speaker! I don't think I've seen a better comedian in years.

Props to McCain for his speech - and shutting up the boo-birds. Good fella, wrong party at the absolute worst time.

What is it, 76 days and counting in the Bush ... er... regime? Tough to find a polite word.

The messages.

Weapon$ of Ma$$ de$truction

War for Liberty (uh?! who's captive in the States?)

Big SUVs = Big Kohones

Big Cowboy hat = Subsidies, tax break, free gun.

Petrol = Respect

More Petrol = Power

Petrol abroad = War

The messages.

Weapon$ of Ma$$ de$truction

War for Liberty (uh?! who's captive in the States?)

Big SUVs = Big Kohones

Big Cowboy hat = Subsidies, tax break, free gun.

Petrol = Respect

More Petrol = Power

Petrol abroad = War

I've never understood that argument

I've never understood that argument

It's a sort of remnant of the Cold War, when the US was effectively the only power who could oppose the exportation of Soviet-type Communism.

However with the fall of the East bloc and the death of the Cold War, the militaro-industrialist complex in the States had to find some sort of "excuse" to continue to support massive spending in weapons and the military and to interfere in the affairs of sovereign nations to protect US corporate interests.

So the militaro-industrialist complex supporters (NeoCons) morphed the old Cold War rhetoric into a sort of "mission" to be a "beacon of Freedom" and to bring "Democracy" to the rest of the World; which served as some sort of ex post facto casus belli in the case of the invasion of Iraq.

just back from Grant Park. WOW!

You lucky b@st@rd!

A new beginning for the USA with Obama coming in, but the Bush regime has left behind a terrible mess.

It's like André Savard stepping in as GM after the Réjean Houle Dark Age.

Must have been a great experience!

at least hundreds of thousands of people. EVERYBODY was nice and friendly, letting others get by, get a chance to see history. The african americans in the audience, in particular, were in tears. Obama knocked it out of the park. They closed Michigan Ave. as far as I could see. All the way home there was spontaneous cheering, chanting, jumping, and singing. I have never seen that many people in one place - I couldn't see where it ended. There were so many good vibes that I'm not getting to sleep for a while yet.