Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheDriveFor25

Canadiens Sign MARTINSEN

Recommended Posts

Commandant    606

Martinsen can skate

Martinsen can hit. 

 

His positional play, defensively is a train wreck.

 

For such a big body, he doesn't win board battles. 

 

I don't see an NHL player in him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hab29RETIRED    164
2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Martinsen can skate

Martinsen can hit. 

 

His positional play, defensively is a train wreck.

 

For such a big body, he doesn't win board battles. 

 

I don't see an NHL player in him. 

But he has so much character...

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dlbalr    654
5 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Tangradi should have been kept for the farm  

 

If memory serves, I remember hearing that the Habs would have liked to keep Tangradi around but he couldn't leave fast enough.  I don't know whether that was a Lefebvre thing or frustration over the fact he was a minor leaguer most of the year (or something else entirely).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stogey24    233
3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

 

If memory serves, I remember hearing that the Habs would have liked to keep Tangradi around but he couldn't leave fast enough.  I don't know whether that was a Lefebvre thing or frustration over the fact he was a minor leaguer most of the year (or something else entirely).

I remember something like that too actually 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2017 at 4:14 PM, Commandant said:

Martinsen can skate

Martinsen can hit. 

 

His positional play, defensively is a train wreck.

 

For such a big body, he doesn't win board battles. 

 

I don't see an NHL player in him. 

 

You can't teach athletic ability to skate or size to hit effectively but defensive positioning is a learned talent and he's still fairly young. He has the potential to be a serviceable 4th liner if this organization has the ability to get him there is another question.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    606
25 minutes ago, Habs owned the 70's said:

 

You can't teach athletic ability to skate or size to hit effectively but defensive positioning is a learned talent and he's still fairly young. He has the potential to be a serviceable 4th liner if this organization has the ability to get him there is another question.

 

 

 

 

 

He will be 27 in two days.  He is not that young. 

 

If he doesn't get it by now, its not happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×