Game Thread | Avalanche vs. Canadiens | 10/21/06

Spider-Man NL

Fans reaction not bothering him is believable. As a goalie myself, you don't even hear anything thats not happening on the ice. IF he was rattled (and I don't think he was, otherwise the onslaught would've happened sooner then the third period) then he did it to himself (which is what I was worried about), had nothing to do with the fans.

Anyway, like I said before, was a case of our boys thinking we can coast cause we're up big. Sloppy in the 2nd and absolutely god awful in the third. I don't blame Theo because thats not the first time it's happened, Aebischer did it as well. Nashville put up 4 against in the third to win by one and Los Angeles put up 5 in the third to beat us a week later. Quenneville needs to get on the boys arses once you get there.

As for the team not appreciating Theo and Breeze...wow....are you kidding me?

Besides the fact that Brisboise and Theodore played like crap which led to being traded, overall the fans still respect them and appreciate them. However, the jeering will always happen in sports to former players (mostly). Come on, no fan is going to encourage players who are trying to take a win from their team.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry JS, but I have no sympathy for either with the booing. Pronger is going to hear it all year when Anaheim goes to Edmonton. Yes it's disgusting. Weight got the treatment from Edmonton fans in the final. This was the crowds chance to stick it to them in another uniform. Ugly, but that's the way it is.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again. The 1st game? Cool but give it a rest now IMO

Oh, no, I don't care about the booing. If I was in Denver on Monday, I'd be booing the hell out of Robbie Blake. It's understandable.

I just don't like the reference that the rest of the Avs players don't have respect for Theo or Brisebois. Of course they do. As an Avs fan, thats almost insulting. We're not Vancouver. :P

Why did you guys think I was complaining about the booing? I just said it's believable that it didn't bother Theo.

Brisebois had 2 assits and played pretty well.

Anyone catch his spinoramma in the final minute.

As for the Taunting of Theo and Brisebois I bet it has some effect on how they play! It just has to, some players say that it motivates them to play even harder why could it not have the inverse effect.

Edited by JMMR

Oh, no, I don't care about the booing. If I was in Denver on Monday, I'd be booing the hell out of Robbie Blake. It's understandable.

I just don't like the reference that the rest of the Avs players don't have respect for Theo or Brisebois. Of course they do. As an Avs fan, thats almost insulting. We're not Vancouver. :P

Why did you guys think I was complaining about the booing? I just said it's believable that it didn't bother Theo.

Sometimes I read without my spectacles :P

Brisebois did play well for the exception of giving it to Samsonov who in turn gave it to Kovalev.

What a wagonburner

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Brisebois had 2 assits and played pretty well.

Anyone catch his spinoramma in the final minute.

As for the Taunting of Theo and Brisebois I bet it has some effect on how they play! It just has to, some players say that it motivates them to play even harder why could it not have the inverse effect.

thats true, when my team is at another at another arena, theirs always those stupid parents who boo, if you hit their son and yell it was a penalty, then once this team we were playing brought like half their school and it just pumped me up when they booed, it was like you wanted to make the save just to make more pissed off :P , it just got me more into the game, it made the game like 10x more intense

Love what Souray said when asked about Theodore.

"I don't feel for anybody. The media makes it a bigger deal than it is. I'm sure for (Theodore) coming in here was special for him, but for us it's just another game and he's just another goalie. We have a good thing going here. We have a great feeling in this room, a great feeling of togetherness, and that's what we're worried about, not anybody else."

Love what Souray said when asked about Theodore.

"I don't feel for anybody. The media makes it a bigger deal than it is. I'm sure for (Theodore) coming in here was special for him, but for us it's just another game and he's just another goalie. We have a good thing going here. We have a great feeling in this room, a great feeling of togetherness, and that's what we're worried about, not anybody else."

Thats a great qoute, thats why he is wearing the A, thats what makes a hockey team great, it doesnt matter who you are playing, just play your best.... give it your all even if your going into the corner with Chara. Theo made it a big deal that we were playing the AVS, we didnt make it such a big deal except for kovy's comment... :P

thats true, when my team is at another at another arena, theirs always those stupid parents who boo, if you hit their son and yell it was a penalty, then once this team we were playing brought like half their school and it just pumped me up when they booed, it was like you wanted to make the save just to make more pissed off :P , it just got me more into the game, it made the game like 10x more intense

Haha, thats when I hear them. After the whistle blows, I kinda snap out of my zone. You look around after a nice save and see how pissed off the player is. Or the people watching with their "Ohhhhhh!"

During the game though, I hear nothing.

Fans reaction not bothering him is believable. As a goalie myself, you don't even hear anything thats not happening on the ice. IF he was rattled (and I don't think he was, otherwise the onslaught would've happened sooner then the third period) then he did it to himself (which is what I was worried about), had nothing to do with the fans.

Anyway, like I said before, was a case of our boys thinking we can coast cause we're up big. Sloppy in the 2nd and absolutely god awful in the third. I don't blame Theo because thats not the first time it's happened, Aebischer did it as well. Nashville put up 4 against in the third to win by one and Los Angeles put up 5 in the third to beat us a week later. Quenneville needs to get on the boys arses once you get there.

As for the team not appreciating Theo and Breeze...wow....are you kidding me?

Put the blame on whoever you want. All I know the last few years as a habs no lead was ever good enough with Theo. You could be up 4-0 and still worry if you were going to win, sure enough the opposing team would come back just like the habs did last night.

The funny thing is, that doesn't really happen anymore.....with Abby or Huet.

What's my point? you might say. Quenville can get up the players arses all he wants when the team loses confidence in their 5.5 million dollar goalie there is not much he can do or say. Your back-up will be your #1 by the end of the year. :o

God I'm so glad we dont have Théodore anymore on our team. He's so badly overpaid for giving such mediocre performances, it's unbeleivable. I think the only player more badly overpaid than Théo in the league is Yashin. Thank you thank you thank you Colorado for taking him out of our hands!!! :)

He's 35th out of 39 for GAA and the goalers with worse GAA than him all play for horrible teams, unlike him :lol:

Théo 3.68

Toivonnen 3.72

DiPietro 4.11

Tomas 4.40

Morrison 6.00

I must admit that I was happy to see Theo let in so many goals. Especially the five hole goal (#7 I think) where he looks behing himself-true shades of his time here.

Joe Sakic seems to get better and better. The guy is awesome.

The crowd singing the goodbye song for 2 minutes straight gave me goosebumps.

Great game.