Game Thread | Sabres vs. Canadiens | 10/23/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10$ Miller gets himself a shutout. *jinx*

(leave the jinxing for me, I've got an impressive track record. ;) )

You can thank me now - it took 5 minutes.

stupid Ninimaa

don't make predictions when you're on the third defensive pairing,

motivation the best team in the league even more

vanek empty net

Lots of work to do after that one and it looked again like Carbo was frustrated with Samsonov. Using Latendresse with Plex and Kovy at one point.

Samsononv will very soon see a demotion to the 4th line the way he is playing or just to the bench.

Fact of the matter is Carbo needs to move him off that line b/c they are not geling and he is killing what could be a very productive line. Whether its Lats Zhogs or anyone else, they need a change. I would even consider moving Kovy to the LW with Bonk and Johnson.

Either way lots of work needs to be done before next game and Janni needs to keep his mouth shut from now on. Where he got off saying something like that is beyond me.

Huet looked lousy. His positioning and concentration just wasn't there. No excuse for that first goal. Horrible job of cutting the angle on the shorthanded goal.

Pitiful effort by Kovalev. Carbo needs to bench him to send him a message. Hardly skated, stupid penalties, brought nothing to the team.

Latendresse looked fine out there. Skating hard, knocking people around. Let him have a shot on an offensive line with some decent minutes.