the new years resolution thread !

MAK

first of all, I'd like to wish each and all of you a happy new year. I can only wish you love and health. If you don't have both at the same time, nothing really matters.

one great new years tradition is to make a resolution and usually let it go by febuary.

I though it would be fun to creat a resolution thread and look at it in a few months to see where's everybody's at.

lets be honest and realistic here. Good luck

since I started it, I might as well give mine.

in 2007, I will have drop my beer gut at least a notch(going from size 38 back to 34 would be sweet) by going to the gym a minimum of twice a week and do 30 mins of bike at home during habs games !!

I will also walk to work at least 3x a week.

I will drop my beer intake and eat more vedgies.

not to be a dick to my parents

become closer to god

not to be negative/ angry all the time

Care more about other people then me

be nice to people

becoming a better goalie!!!!!

hmm well mine's pretty easy since I know I'm going to complete them lol

finish the last remaining class (which means graduating high school finally)

getting into some 4 year university in the Pacific Northwest Area

losing the 20lbs or so I've gained through stress the past 2 months

procrastinating is bad

getting a girlfriend

Some good intentions in there for everyone, I reckon Shu has the hardest (but most beneficial) road to take.

I personally have found in my many years that resolutions made at or around New Years fade into nothing by April, but if they're started before December 14, last a whole lot longer (something about the subconscious and fads and stuff).

So I currently find myself attempting to accomplish:

- Finding a new job by the end of the year that allows me to do what I want when I want, and money be damned!

- Save enough for a trip overseas

- Read the entire Bible and transcribed Qu'ran (so I know why I'm right, and they're wrong :))

- Go streaking, wearing naught but a Habs flag tied like a cape, in celebration of a Stanley Cup

Tough, but fair!

Edited by TheAussiePosse

mine are:

to become a police officer

to get a car

buy an xbox or ps3

clear my store card debt

manage my finances better

come to montreal on vacation and watch the habs even if it will cost me over a grand to come over from uk.

this is probably old hat... but i'm going to go with 'i resolve to make no resolutions'

like my hero homer simpson says: "never try" :o:blink::wacko::blink::o:blink::wacko::blink::o

GO :hlogo: GO!

I can never think of these, although I'm trying to NOT trade in games at EB now. I used to have a massive collection and now it's dwindled down to nothing because I'm constantly trading games in. So for 2007, don't trade in near as many games as I did in 2006.

I thought of another one today too but now I can't even remember it. Oh wait, it just clicked. I'd like to get a flight down to Denver either before the season ends or at the beginning of next season to catch the Avs at home. Originally I was going to do this for my birthday but now I don't think thats gonna happen.

1-Finish this god forsaken thesis before my girlfriend gets back (January 25) otherwise she dumps me

2-find a job that will allow me to use these Non skills that were Not taught to me during my masters at UBC (Pierre u thinking of coming to UBC?) its cheap but depends on what you wanna study...

3-cut down on anything and everything that will prevent resolution number one from occuring

4-Get back in shape for when the TROUBLES finally arrive

5-buy me that Rifle befor the TROUBLES time arrives...

6- yeap better stop writing about this in here and get back to the thesis!!! geeessshhhhh No fun...

Ciaoo for now

yeah I like UBC but I'm not 'smart enough' due to test scores but as in any case if people would just meet me in person instead of looking at test scores and look into my eyes and see the motivation and drive they'd see I'd be a good student but most schools only care about bloody test scores so I get thrown aside.

getting dumped over a thesis, yikes.

1-Finish this god forsaken thesis before my girlfriend gets back (January 25) otherwise she dumps me

2-find a job that will allow me to use these Non skills that were Not taught to me during my masters at UBC (Pierre u thinking of coming to UBC?) its cheap but depends on what you wanna study...

3-cut down on anything and everything that will prevent resolution number one from occuring

4-Get back in shape for when the TROUBLES finally arrive

5-buy me that Rifle befor the TROUBLES time arrives...

6- yeap better stop writing about this in here and get back to the thesis!!! geeessshhhhh No fun...

Ciaoo for now

no offence but if your gf dumps you for not completing a thesis then she is scum- get rid of her.