Game Thread | Vancouver vs. Habs | 01/16/07

Spider-Man NL

I don't know if anyone else noticed it in the Wings game, but it was certainly evident then. There's far too little passing TO people and far too much passing AT people. It seems like if one guys sees another guy out of the corner of his eye, he'll attempt to make a pass, whether they're open or not.

i don't know if your observation is correct but, in any case, i've always found 'blind passes' a frustrating thing to watch... it smells of a rushed play and one that simply turns the puck over to the other team... :angry::angry::angry:

GO :hlogo: GO!

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our guys are just so damn tight out there. Carbo should tell them to forget about trying to score pretty goals...just hit everything that moves, and throw shots from anywhere at the net while the other two forwards crash it. This team needs to get ugly for awhile...at both ends of the ice.

You know the one thing about Van that I don't get - all these green environmental types who vote for the Green party and then drive some massive SUV from suburbs to work everyday.

how true!

Now lets all jump in our two down winter beaters.. and ram all those SUV's. That'll teach em!

GO HABS GO!

You know the one thing about Van that I don't get - all these green environmental types who vote for the Green party and then drive some massive SUV from suburbs to work everyday.

Well when you need 30 acres of trees to build your massive cabin at the top of a mountain sometimes you just want to treat yourself to a viehicle that gets 3 endangered animals per kilometre.

Our guys are just so damn tight out there. Carbo should tell them to forget about trying to score pretty goals...just hit everything that moves, and throw shots from anywhere at the net while the other two forwards crash it. This team needs to get ugly for awhile...at both ends of the ice.

THats a big part of the game that is missing today in our league and I miss it!

GO HABS GO!

Good grief. Reading half this stuff you'd think the game was already over. They may very well lose, but if they do manage to win, I hope those of you who have written this one off can look back at the thread and admit a very premature 'whoops'.

At least where I come from, one period does not a game make.

EDIT: And now I know why I usually don't bother with game threads.

re-EDIT: Because I can't spell edit.

The game is by no means over, but there's just nothing going on that's different from the Wings game and the Sens game. And that's what most of us are pissed about. Carbonneau has mixed the lines up, but the effort isn't changing with it.

Agreed!!! Here's to a rockin' 2nd and 3rd. GO :hlogo: GO!!!! (no granola allowed)

Charged game thread tonight.

Lots of "not a real habs fan" talk (against Pierre, etc)

Lots of negativity in general, etc.

Come on people. Keep your chins up, we'll get through this!

(Oh and Pierre, sorry to disapoint, but Habs will win this one.)

Edited by Cataclaw

just as I said hits have gone down.. lats lays a hit on the boards.. way to finish your checks! keep it up kid! your a winner any day! Go HABS go!

NORTH AMERICA

Where the driveway IS off-road.

was that kovy on his knees? did he give up skating for the rest of the game or will that be season?

excellant BIG Komi lays the boom! GO HABS GO!

THats a big part of the game that is missing today in our league and I miss it!

GO HABS GO!

your'e joking?

that's the thing about hockey that i don't miss at all... i really appreciate the focus on skill & speed...

wow good sequence in that play. great shift for laps and the fourth line. Laps had a great hit on that shift as well. it setup a few good scoring chances.. keep it up!

GO HABS GO!

How did that stay out? Longo out of his crease and we still couldn't bury it! Come on boys convert!

wow... a power play...

let's see it succeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, that was short-lived... 16 seconds... :puke: :puke: :puke:

your'e joking?

that's the thing about hockey that i don't miss at all... i really appreciate the focus on skill & speed...

actually I'm not joking. A good clean hit can change momentum and give a play that extra piece to score.