~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

Picked up Madden NFL 06 via Goozex today, and already completed it for all 1000 achievement points... lol.

Well yeah, not a lot of effort was put into the launch games Maca. Try Kameo or something, you'll get the same thing, lol

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yeah, not a lot of effort was put into the launch games Maca. Try Kameo or something, you'll get the same thing, lol

Kameo doesn't look all that interesting to me. I actually enjoy football games, so I played about 3 games even though I could have picked up all the achievements in one game (minus a couple). :P

Kameo doesn't look all that interesting to me. I actually enjoy football games, so I played about 3 games even though I could have picked up all the achievements in one game (minus a couple). :P

Well I wasn't reccomending that one specific game per se, just saying if you want easy achievements (and I think everyone knows you do :P) then take a look at the early release games of the 360 library. It was an idea Microsoft tacked on late in development so a lot of the earlier games had their achievements thrown in at the last second. World Cup 2006 for example only has 5 achievements, 4 of which are incredibly easy to get (just take a look at my profile)

I only noticed today that Batman: Arkham Asylum got a release date for June 9th. I know what I'll be playing this summer :D

Well, I wouldn't spend money on old crappy games just for achievements, but with Goozex it's easy to swap 'em in an out. Mostly I'm looking for achievements as I'm trying to catch back up to a friend of mine after not playing the 360 for a ~2 to 3 month span.

Hey, just because they're old doesn't mean they're crappy. There were some good games released in the 360's first year.

Which ones? I'll add them to my list :D

I think you might've played most of these already but these were the games worth playing during the 360's first year

Quake IV

Condemned

Perfect Dark Zero

LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth II

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

Oblivion

Battlefield 2

Rockstar presents: Table Tennis

Hitman: Blood Money

Prey

Dead Rising

Saints Row

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Gears of War

Rainbow Six: Vegas

New Assassin for AC2 is on the cover of next months GI.

assassins2.jpg

His name is Ezio (which, apparently, is the name of an opera that had 5 shows before being hailed as the biggest failure of all-time). Two hidden blades instead of one is pretty cool though. You can swim now too.

By the way Maca, are you looking at Xbox games on Goozex or just the 360 ones so you can get achievements? Plenty of classics on the original console too.

I think you might've played most of these already but these were the games worth playing during the 360's first year

Quake IV [On my to get list]

Condemned [Got it from Goozex]

Perfect Dark Zero [Played it once - wasn't impressed]

LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth II [i dunno if I'm interested]

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter [Never liked the Tom Clancy games]

Oblivion [got all 1000 points :D]

Battlefield 2 [i played this on PC, and it's on my to get list]

Rockstar presents: Table Tennis [Played this at a friend's house - but sucked so bad...]

Hitman: Blood Money [Played it]

Prey [Don't know it - I'll add it my my list]

Dead Rising [it's on my list to get]

Saints Row [Maybe... ]

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent [Played it]

Gears of War [favourite game of all time]

Rainbow Six: Vegas [Meh]

New Assassin for AC2 is on the cover of next months GI.

His name is Ezio (which, apparently, is the name of an opera that had 5 shows before being hailed as the biggest failure of all-time). Two hidden blades instead of one is pretty cool though. You can swim now too.

By the way Maca, are you looking at Xbox games on Goozex or just the 360 ones so you can get achievements? Plenty of classics on the original console too.

Nyce, I'll definitely play the first AC soon and see what I think.

I'm only really interested in the Achievement ones sadly. :P

Gears is your all-time favourite? Really good game but it'd be lucky to even make my top 10. Gears 2 for that matter and I thought it better then Gears 1.

Also, I wouldn't personally recommend all those games I listed, they were just the ones that got a lot of praise during the 360's first year. I thought Saints Row was a piece of crap. Dead Rising, Prey, Quake IV and R6V are what I'd play. I usually hate TC games and was hesitant getting Vegas but it blew my expectations away. Prey is really underrated too, theres a good demo on XBL if you want to try it. It got fantastic reviews from most people as well. A sequel is on the way too.

Nyce, I'll definitely play the first AC soon and see what I think.

I'm only really interested in the Achievement ones sadly. :P

Whats with you and achievements? Are you hoping they'll actually be useful in the future? Enjoy Xbox games, you can get 3 of them for one old 360 game.

I like the games, but I also enjoy picking up achievements through the game - I feel it's a game within gaming. *shrug*

Speaking of Gears 2... It totally cracked in half on me today... I got the 3$ guarantee from EB games - does it cover this? Or am I screwed?

Thats the point of the guarantee, it covers anything. You could go at the disc with sandpaper and a hammer, tell them what you did and they'd still replace it. They make a lot of money off those guarantees especially 360 ones, they're told to shove it down the customers throat for 360 games. Guide books too.

And I'm not trying to be an asshole, I'mjust saying don't shun games because you don't get achievements. Thats stupid.

Thats the point of the guarantee, it covers anything. You could go at the disc with sandpaper and a hammer, tell them what you did and they'd still replace it. They make a lot of money off those guarantees especially 360 ones, they're told to shove it down the customers throat for 360 games. Guide books too.

And I'm not trying to be an asshole, I'mjust saying don't shun games because you don't get achievements. Thats stupid.

lol, well, with achievements, I only try to get them all if I really like a game - otherwise I just play through and whatever comes up - awesome. Basically what I'm doing with Condemned right now.

There are games that I would play without achievements, but methinks they wouldn't be on Xbox. I just figure that if I'm going to be playing on the X360, it oughta be a game that does dish out some points.

Give me a SNES though... and I'll play for hours... lol.

What are you talking about, Xbox has lots of good games. Admittedly, it's library wasn't as good as the PS2s but it was way better then the Cubes.

Every achievement I have is from just playing the games. I've never actively looked to get a specific achievement, lol. The only time I look at them is when one pops up and I'm curious to know what the hell I just accomplished.

The Simpsons Game actually has one for pressing the start button, 5 points. I like when sports games have them for creating players too. How lazy is that.

What are you talking about, Xbox has lots of good games. Admittedly, it's library wasn't as good as the PS2s but it was way better then the Cubes.

Every achievement I have is from just playing the games. I've never actively looked to get a specific achievement, lol. The only time I look at them is when one pops up and I'm curious to know what the hell I just accomplished.

The Simpsons Game actually has one for pressing the start button, 5 points. I like when sports games have them for creating players too. How lazy is that.

Aye - I come off as a hardcore gamer, but I'm actually a casual gamer... lol. I can't think of any games on Xbox original that I'm oozing to play :P

Well if you liked Oblivion so much, why not get the GOTY edition of Morrowind? Most people like that one better anyway.

I've thought about Morrowind... but I put 100 hours into Oblivion, and about 70 into Fallout 3... so I'm really not sure I could stomach doing that again for another year or so :P

Not to mention I still haven't played "The Pitt" on Fallout 3 and they still have another update coming at the end of this month lol

Okay, so add Far Cry (the first one) and The Simpsons Game to my recent acquisitions via Goozex.

I've been playing Assasin's Creed, but honestly not in love with it. Something tells me I'll spend the next while with FarCry.

Blech, should've gotten the PC version. The console translation sucked.

Could've been worse though, you could've gotten Far Cry 2. Yikes.

lol, Far Cry 2 is on my "to get" list - if only because it's a shooter.

lol, Far Cry 2 is on my "to get" list - if only because it's a shooter.

Hahaha, shooter. Yeah, barely.

I hope you've been itching for someone to make a jeep driving simulator. Thats what it REALLY is.

Hahaha, shooter. Yeah, barely.

I hope you've been itching for someone to make a jeep driving simulator. Thats what it REALLY is.

LOL

I heard it crashes a lot too.

LOL

I heard it crashes a lot too.

Yeah, the stupid jeep will take one bullet and you have to get out and fix it. Meanwhile the randomly pissed off villagers with perfect aim are murdering you.

Hated Far Cry 2 more then any other game last year.

Yeah, the stupid jeep will take one bullet and you have to get out and fix it. Meanwhile the randomly pissed off villagers with perfect aim are murdering you.

Hated Far Cry 2 more then any other game last year.

So the only fun games are the ones that offer no challenge, have achievements, and are easy to beat? :D

So the only fun games are the ones that offer no challenge, have achievements, and are easy to beat? :D

Have you played Far Cry 2? FPS purists agree it's one of the worst shooters ever made. Theres a difference between challenge and shoddy game design. Ninja Gaiden 1/2 are challenging games. FC2 is poorly made.