~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

Project Natal (and Milo) = Wow. I was pretty speechless watching that presentation. The potential seems limited right now IMO but it was pretty amazing nonetheless.

Wished they showed more of Crackdown 2 instead of the one trailer. L4D2 really surprised me because I've never seen Valve just stop supporting a game like that before. L4D virtually turned out to be a giant $60 beta test. Don't blame the people boycotting the sequel, they're justified. I, however, will still probably buy it, lol. Forza 3 (the best racing series out there) was a big announcement for me especially considering it's only shipping in 4 months and that was the first anyone heard about it.

Halo 3: ODST looks amazing, can't wait for that and I'm excited about Reach as well. I read that Bungie confirmed on the show floor that Reach will be an FPS as well. Theres also going to be a multiplayer demo of Reach when you buy ODST, it's out September 22nd (My dads birthday. Guess what I'm getting him? >_>)

I've never been much of a Splinter Cell fan, I think the last one I got was Chaos Theory but I think I'll be getting Conviction. They're going in a different direction now with the series and it looks great. Modern Warfare 2 is probably in my top 5 anticipated games of this year and it's showing only helped that. The game got a better reception then Paul McCartney or Steven Spielberg did.

Live Party viewing looks like an amazing feature but 360s don't have the Netflix feature in Canada so I don't know how useful it'll be. Another example they showed for the UK was Premier league games. Imagine applying the same thing to NHL games in Canada, it would be incredible.

Some more dates were given too:

Wolfenstein - Pushed back to August 4th (there goes another summer game)

Batman: Arkham Asylum - August 25th

Assassin's Creed II - November 17th

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. EA has officially confirmed they're working on Mirror's Edge 2! Woohoo! The series was in doubt after sales tanked. It's a smaller DICE team this time but the game is in development. Really excited.

2. Ghostbusters is getting some pretty good reviews. After the development hell it went through and the fact it's made by Atari (sucks that Atari goes hand in hand with failure these days), I figured the game would end up with a lot of 5/10's. Instead it's sitting at an 81 on gamerankings right now.

I hear Prototype is amazing...

It's supposedly better then people thought it was going to be but the Xbox fans are giving it a lot of extra hype because the PS3 fans love inFamous so much. They're essentially the exact same concept.

It's supposedly better then people thought it was going to be but the Xbox fans are giving it a lot of extra hype because the PS3 fans love inFamous so much. They're essentially the exact same concept.

Yeah, I hear that as well.

• 2 weeks later...
This got leaked ages ago but Patrick Kane is officially the coverboy for NHL 10

Ovechkin is on 2k10 but no one cares about that series anymore anyway. =P

I like the Kane idea - a young American player on the cover of a game that needs some extra attention in the US.

I just hope that the NHL series continues its forward progression. It's been a joy for the last 3 years.

I just hope that the NHL series continues its forward progression. It's been a joy for the last 3 years.

First person fighting, being able to scrum after the whistle and a year to better the Be-A-Pro mode has me extremely excited.

Welp, just beat Ghostbusters. Game was excellent but much harder then I expected. It drove me insane at some parts. Also, one playthrough gave me half the achievements.

Maca, I think you know what game to get next. ;)

The game also did really well in sales and the credits hinted at a sequel (probably without the originals though. You'll get to start your own franchise somewhere else). The sales for the game also make it more likely the third movie will finally get made.

First person fighting, being able to scrum after the whistle and a year to better the Be-A-Pro mode has me extremely excited.

Nice, I hadn't heard yet...

Nice, I hadn't heard yet...

Everyones impressions from E3 were extremely positive so it looks like we're in for another good one.

Also just found this:

I've played on a movie theater before but not a jumbotron. I'm jealous :(

Fight Night Round 4 has me quite interested...

Shut up and go pick your team

Edited by jetsniper

Can the realism go further ?? I guess goalie fights and 2 fights simultaneously would be the last step. Or maybe hanging out with the mob in Be-A-Pro mode...

nice games Matt - so who's leading our NHL arcade battles so far ...? :P;)

best online game ever! :lol:

Hahaha yeah mahn! I love playing w/ you in that - I used to win all the time, but having not played much, you're totally destroying me now LOL. But, by that 3rd game yesterday I found my skill again and got some luck getting a couple of 2pt goals in, :D

Can the realism go further ?? I guess goalie fights and 2 fights simultaneously would be the last step. Or maybe hanging out with the mob in Be-A-Pro mode...

They already have goalie fights. I know they had them on some of their PS2 games, but I can't remember if they still had them recently.

They already have goalie fights. I know they had them on some of their PS2 games, but I can't remember if they still had them recently.

I don't think they've had the goalie fights since they introduced the skill stick... so like 3 years ago...

I'm also intrigued by the "battle on the boards" feature... It's realistic, but will gamers appreciate it?

I don't think they've had the goalie fights since they introduced the skill stick... so like 3 years ago...

I'm also intrigued by the "battle on the boards" feature... It's realistic, but will gamers appreciate it?

I think I will appreciate it, but as long as it doesn't happen every 5 seconds...

• 3 weeks later...