Don Cherry today and how he never talks about the habs...

giovannicanella

big deal... not of great importance, really...

he's talking on a leafs-focused channel...

he has mentioned the canadiens once in a while but he's going to focus his 'game' comments on the game being watched... the leaf's game...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

He says nice things about Muller.

as well he should...

The Leafs play, Don Cherry talks about the Leafs.

The Habs play (the Leafs), Don Cherry talks about the Leafs.

The Habs play Ottawa, Don Cherry does the commentary for the later game with Toronto playing, he talks about the Leafs.

Really, not much can be done here.

Watching the habs on cbc...you guys Don Cherry choke up over the death of Doug Orr? + Has anyone here ever seen a coach's corner where Don Cherry talks about (or praises ) a current Montreal Canadian player?

(Specifically praising one player etc...like her normally does...)

when have your hear michel bergeron say anything nice about the leafs or any european player( except for stasny)

we have the same clown but he speaks french instead.

you guys Don Cherry choke up over the death of Doug Orr
I absolutely abhor Don Cherry (the hockey "expert" - I like Don Cherry the jazz musician). But it made me glad to see him talk about Mr. Orr. Shows that life is precious and that everyone hurts when they lose a good friend. I can definitely sympathize with him in his moment of grief. Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Wait didn't Cherry say he was a fan of the Habs now? The idiot cursed us!

well, the man's finally seeing the light, despite the 'too many men' penalty that pretty well cost him the stanley cup...

by the way part deux... who's the politician in your avatar picture... i don't quite recognize him... is he a member of the ndp in canada or the democratic party in the us? or.... is he part of the radical left wing in the conservative party / republican party?

It's not just the Habs he never talks about. Until Dion came around, he never talked about the Flames either. And I don't think the Oilers have been mentioned in like, 15 years.

wow............ now that's a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time...

i wonder if they feel totally rejected or do the years heal the pain?

wow............ now that's a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time...

i wonder if they feel totally rejected or do the years heal the pain?

No but I think the 5 Stanley Cups help. =P

To be honest, Cherry receives little to no attention in the West. He could go on for half an hour about how much he hates Western Canada and no one would give him a second glance. I don't mind his commentary sometimes but he seems to be like frosting. A little bit is good but if you have too much, you start to feel sick.

Muller was also a Leaf, so it doesn't count. He and Corson and Dougie Gilmour.

Cherry hails from Kingston - Gilmour and Muller are Kingston boys, so that is the reason he rants on & on about them - it really has nothing to do with them having played for Toronto. Living in Southern Ontario and being bombarded by the propaganda of Leaf Nation, I can't begin to tell you how many times he's ranted on & on about them being 'good old Kingston Boys'.....

As for Corson - not sure why he likes him, but when he was at his best he was the type of player Cherry likes.....

The man's an idiot. Can't even find good taste when it comes to teams cause CHERRY IS EVIL!

Agree. He's part of my personal black list. Here it goes :

1. Dame Nature for everyday weather

2. Don Cherry for his whole career on tv

3. Gary Suter for his cross check on Paul Kariya (my fav player at this date)

4. Rejean Houle and Mario Tremblay for destroying the team

5. Those who believe too much in any religion