Kostitsyn/Chipchura

habsfan88

chipchura and kostitsyn are big boys and can take care of themselves. IT'S good to see kostitsyn showing a bit of passion; will he do it at a higher level ??

No if anyone were to be traded its not going to be perez...he shows he comes to play and he can...

He hasn't exactly been popular with the coaching staff lately, and the stick swinging incident will likely hang over his head forever, just like Bertuzzi and Brashear, even though those were more premeditated. I still don't care what the other guy did, you don't retaliate by doing the same thing. You drop the gloves and face him like a man. He could have killed the guy.

I was curiously reading the Bulldogs forum on their official site, and apparently Chipchura and KOSTITSYN dropped the gloves against Rochester...Would've never have thought that they would be the ones to do it...

It wasn't the first fight for Kostitsyn but it wasn't much of a fight. He did get a few shots in, but it was mostly the two players pinned against the boards in front of the amerks bench. Chipchura's fight was much better, he really got in some good ones.

He hasn't exactly been popular with the coaching staff lately, and the stick swinging incident will likely hang over his head forever, just like Bertuzzi and Brashear, even though those were more premeditated. I still don't care what the other guy did, you don't retaliate by doing the same thing. You drop the gloves and face him like a man. He could have killed the guy.

I think your the only one who brings that stick incident up every time..

With the way that Kosty has been playing lately (see: lights out) I think its time to make a move to get this kid a roster spot. One of the biggest problems this team has is scoring goals and that is Kosty's forte. We need to make some room for him SOON. There is no reason this team can't continue to compete while integrating some of the youth.

Lets see some deals making room for a few forwards (Kosty at least) and maybe even Halak by dealing Aebiescher.

I know people say Halak may not be ready but one of him or Danis will have to be ready for next season because Price will be in the AHL by next year and needs to be able to get starters minutes so someone has to move...

Somebody has to do it. I've yet to hear an excuse that gets me to forgive him almost killing someone.

How about it's time to move on. He made a mistake and an uncharacteristic one at that. There is no point in continually bringing up the past. He is a darn good hockey player and deseves the support of Habs fans. We really need to get Kostitsyn up with the big club. I'd love to see what he can do.

If he were Toronto property, Habs fans everywhere would condemn him for what he did.

I'm not saying that we should trade him, I'm just saying that because of that incident, I certainly wouldn't be upset if we did move him for something that helps the team. If I can choose between two guys who play hard and help the team, I'll take the one that didn't almost kill someone.

The stick swinging incident was bad, but nothing like Bertuzzi or McSorley. He was on his knees, and he retaliated to a headshot by violently swinging his stick around. He had no idea the other guy's head was down so low. It was a vicious slash, yes, but he wasn't headhunting at all. The swing was little more than waist high.

At least that's how it looked to me.

And hell, I'd rather see Perez playing with some fire than spending all his time in the box for stupid hooking penalties in the offensive zone.

If he were Toronto property, Habs fans everywhere would condemn him for what he did.

I'm not saying that we should trade him, I'm just saying that because of that incident, I certainly wouldn't be upset if we did move him for something that helps the team. If I can choose between two guys who play hard and help the team, I'll take the one that didn't almost kill someone.

Not so sure I agree. I don't even think the Bertuzzi incident was that bad. The only reason he is in trouble for that one was the guy got hurt, and I don't believe you can pin the blame for injury entirely on Burtuzzi (the pile up may have caused some of it), and the guy who got it had tried to cause injury to Nalund ... so, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Not what McSorley did was unpardonable. Same for the hit on Turgeon by Hunter (I believe), as well as all those other idiots every day that do after knees. Those are the guys who really get me.

Perez got mugged by someone bigger than him. Is it his fault that he is a good player who drew attention? No. You go after someone viciously then you better expect to get something back. And if that getting back unfortunately leads to a bad injury, well that is partily your responsibility for playing that style.

I got no issue with Scott Stevens even laying out Lindros, because that is what Lindros did all the time. Eye for an eye may leave everyone blind ... but then again, at least you aren't the only disadvantaged one eyed fool out there!