Game Thread | Hurricanes vs. Canadiens | 02/17/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YEah I guess Huet's injury does open up some salary cap space, but with the addition of Halak there is still no roster room unless they waive or trade some bodies....still not oging to happen

Time to send Murray and Downey down. Plus if Gainey has a great deal in his lap and cannot make the deal work I believe he has 30 days to send Samsonov down...correct?

That would free up a nice chunk of salary

and Sundin puts his team on his back and give the leafs the 2 goal lead....

I know he is a leaf, but if saku was playing like Sundin, we would be in the playoffs right now...

come on - don't put this on Sak. the guy is clearly burnt - blew his load in the first 30 games. had to sit on his ass for 3 months over the summer while his eye healed, and was just overplayed/over-relied on for the first chunk of the seaon. he is a great second line center, but has been forced into a role that should not be his. without him at 100%, higgins and ryder are mediocre.

ok - here it goes: the time is now for gainey to prove his worth in BUILDING a team. he's been left with legacy players and draft picks in the past, but now is the time for him to put his mark on this team. we/ve been mediocre forever. i stongly believe that he has to be a seller right now. i don;t want to be an 8th place team anymore. if this means sacrificing some talent in the short team, so be it.

the only thing he can obtain now are prospects/picks. load up. load up. load up. then, this summer, pick your guy, trade some of that youth to obtain him, and build around him. there's the theory - who's the guy?

(lecavalier? richards? briere? marleau? datsyuk?).

Thought we played well tonight...just no quality shots. I am amazed and impressed by the perpetual optimism by some on this site, despite game after game of disappointment. Good fans. I continue to tune in as well, as much as it hurts.

I will hate to see how we sound if we lose to CBJ tomorrow. Especially if Halak sucks. Will there be any hope left? There shouldnt be

Thought we played well tonight...just no quality shots. I am amazed and impressed by the perpetual optimism by some on this site, despite game after game of disappointment. Good fans. I continue to tune in as well, as much as it hurts.

I will hate to see how we sound if we lose to CBJ tomorrow. Especially if Halak sucks. Will there be any hope left? There shouldnt be

I just refuse to give in. We buried the Leafs last year with back-to-back ass whippings in Montreal putting them 9 points out with 11 games left. They went 9-1-1 with Jean Sebastion Aubin in net to end the year.

This exact same core won 5 straight in December, Chicago went on an 8 game undefeated streak in December.

Anything can happen!

We have the possibilty of earning 46 points and we are 2 out of the playoffs.

Edited by Wamsley01

Wamsley, I hear ya, and definitely see your point. It's just that I have been feeling the same way for weeks now...that we there was lots of time left and anything can happen.

But now, time is actually getting short, and things only get worse. I mean the guy that won us many games is done for the season. Yes Halak may play well....but odds are he's not gonna save the season.

Things should have turned around by now, but they havent. They should have turned around against OTT and didnt...so we said, they'll definitely beat FLA...no. Played ok against NJ....no dice. Outshot CAR by a lot...still lose.

I just dont see the light. Furthermore, Bob is unlikely to make a deal to help us this year, as that would cost youth or picks. So all this talk about a deadline deal may be short-sighted. Who signs a rental for a plummeting 10th place team?

Wamsley, I hear ya, and definitely see your point. It's just that I have been feeling the same way for weeks now...that we there was lots of time left and anything can happen.

But now, time is actually getting short, and things only get worse. I mean the guy that won us many games is done for the season. Yes Halak may play well....but odds are he's not gonna save the season.

Things should have turned around by now, but they havent. They should have turned around against OTT and didnt...so we said, they'll definitely beat FLA...no. Played ok against NJ....no dice. Outshot CAR by a lot...still lose.

I just dont see the light. Furthermore, Bob is unlikely to make a deal to help us this year, as that would cost youth or picks. So all this talk about a deadline deal may be short-sighted. Who signs a rental for a plummeting 10th place team?

Reality....we are done. But stranger things have happened. If you take a look at the holes in this team it can become really depressing. Hope is all we have left. It ain't over til it's over!

Time to fire Carbo!!! A better coach got fired and it wasn't this bad. By the way Jersey won again....How long before they are ist overall?? And not good enough to coach this sad sack team...Right. Carbo is the worst coach ever...just like I thought when the weasel was hired.

Right, keep blaming the goaltending. I remember not too long ago the Habs had a hart and vezina winner and they were still only an 8 seed.

Perhaps the Habs should worry more about scoring goals, and getting the puck out of the zone and not giving up 40 shots a night before they worry about goaltending.