Better chemistry without Kovalev?

rafikz

I've noticed that the team chemistry has been better without Kovalev ; even his fellow Samsonov is playing better.

Agreed, I find Kovy was pulling the team down with, however he's an asset to the Habs and not a liability.

-->I can't wait to hear your responses Habs fans :lol: This is a hot topic.

I've said it before, Kovalev is way to selfish for this team. He has been called the Tin Man before for a reason ... he has no HEART. Unless Carbonneau can kick his butt a bit we should get rid of him, or sit him until he gains the desire to play, and play as a PART of the team ... and not the star of the team.

I love Kovalev, but he doesn't play for the habs ... and I love the habs more.

We still need a second-line center though, so I would give him another shot once we have one .... and a Carboneau ass chew too.

someone said the tv feed showed Kovy congratulating the other players after the win in Nashville, maybe watching from the sidelines will help, hope he comes back with real passion. Guys like Kovy can be expected to coast a bit, also isn't it possible that hockey smarts regarding positioning can make a player appear lazy because he's not chasing the puck all over the place, my two cents don't actually get to watch a whole lot of games here . . .

Go Habs Go!!!

This is just ridiculous.

Having Kovalev in the lineup makes the habs BETTER got it?

He's 4th in the team in scoring. He was playing INJURED for the habs.

He SWITCHED positions to center FOR the team.

He has always said he believes in this team and that we will win the cup.

He hasnt even complained about the fact that he was playing with 2 3rd line players most of the season.

But I guess those stupid fans cant sleep tight at night without bashing Kovalev every day even when hes out of the lineup.

This is just ridiculous.

He hasnt even complained about the fact that he was playing with 2 3rd line players most of the season.

But I guess those stupid fans cant sleep tight at night without bashing Kovalev every day even when hes out of the lineup.

Oh by the way where was this "CHEMISTRY" without Kovalev the first 3 games he was out? Losing pathetically 1-0 to Florida?

You are ridiculous

Kovalev has bad temper

He's atleast 100th in scoring for the NHL

He switched postition because their was no centers.

He doesn't beleive in the team and brings crap into the locker rooms

He acts smarts and gives orders like if he was the coach, like he did to Lapierre, doesn't care what Lapierre says.

Kovalev plays with the puck too much to be on a line with Samsonov.. they are the same type of player.. only Kovalev can't keep up with Samsonov's speed.. if you slow sammy down.. well there goes his advantage. I've been campaigning for this since the beginning of the season... Bonk-Kovalev.. play them against the top line. Bonk plays more Kovalev's game anyways, he's always looking for the pass to the best place to score from... and Bonk is always in the right place for everything. that's why Pleks works pretty well with him.. but Pleks is fast enough to keep up with Samsonov, making them a pretty dangerous combination.. about the only player I think can bring out Samsonov. So throw a shooter on Kovalev's opposite wing (Lats, Perez) so we can get some of those sweet cross-ice goals like the Preds got against us tonight (3rd goal?).

I think there was a thread about how having an effective 4th line can change your game.. that's why I've also been arguing that Johnson should be on the fourth.

This is just ridiculous.

Oh by the way where was this "CHEMISTRY" without Kovalev the first 3 games he was out? Losing pathetically 1-0 to Florida?

Well, none of that has really shown :glare:

And, oh, about that :"He SWITCHED positions to center FOR the team" Like he has the choice :D:D

You are ridiculous

Kovalev has bad temper

He's atleast 100th in scoring for the NHL

He switched postition because their was no centers.

He doesn't beleive in the team and brings crap into the locker rooms

He acts smarts and gives orders like if he was the coach, like he did to Lapierre, doesn't care what Lapierre says.

Kovalev has a bad temper? Sure.. I'd get pissed too if someone tries to take my freakin knees off when I've had surgery on it twice in my life AND I am the one who gets the penalty.

All that matters to me is 4th on the team in scoring. Plus hes injured and playing with two 3rd liners... what more can you expect?

He switched positions FOR the team for gods sake. If there were no centers how come Pleks is centering the 2nd line now?

Thats bullshit. Are you in the locker room? NO! So keep those feelings to yourself.

He wasnt giving orders to Lapierre. He just said he would like it if Lapierre went to the front of the net since Kovalev is always in the corners. By the way playing Lapierre with Kovalev furthers proves my point that he hasnt been given a linemate close to his talent level this year.

If anything Kovalev is a negative guy........Probably the reason he has stiefeled(?????)(how do you spell that word?) his own career. We are not better without him. I just wish and hope the young guys don't look up to him. He can help but he is not the answer.

Kind of lioke recchi in pittsburg.........crosby admires and appreciates him but at 19 or 20 years ols doesn't look up to him.......

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

You guys are talking crazy blabla with no substance... ridiculous!! Kovalev is the only hope the habs have of doing anything in the playoffs if they manage to get there!!!!

he might be to highscale for the mear mortals in our team but that doesnt mean he gives off bad chemistry!!!

Alright this deserves me and my talents of hockey :)

Kovalev great player...yes he is VERY goood player has heart not so much of it, Does he have a heart you can say that when he wants to have one. Hes a force to be wreckond with he has skillz to make bills look cheap.

His attitude isnt always great but he cares for the team in the interviews if he didn't care he wouldnt take any, just problem is he thinks him being there is gonna help the team when hes injured but it really isnt. We can't blame him for that.

Then the team thing in total if he makes the team better well...someone points out kovalev is like souray teams isolate him wich creat room all over the ice for the other players, he has talent he can make people around him better and he does at times. Im all for trading him but at the same time i rather him stay hes a little old and VERY EXPENSIVE for what he brings to the table, but hes a vet and in the playoffs he shines.

Hes finally takin the time to rest that arm so when he comes back he should be happy to play and produce a lot, espesially when hes healthy.

Btw he brings no cancer to the locker room or on the ice unless he gets into one of those days he just doesnt feel like playing. B)

Kovalev plays with the puck too much to be on a line with Samsonov.. they are the same type of player.. only Kovalev can't keep up with Samsonov's speed.. if you slow sammy down.. well there goes his advantage. I've been campaigning for this since the beginning of the season... Bonk-Kovalev.. play them against the top line. Bonk plays more Kovalev's game anyways, he's always looking for the pass to the best place to score from... and Bonk is always in the right place for everything. that's why Pleks works pretty well with him.. but Pleks is fast enough to keep up with Samsonov, making them a pretty dangerous combination.. about the only player I think can bring out Samsonov. So throw a shooter on Kovalev's opposite wing (Lats, Perez) so we can get some of those sweet cross-ice goals like the Preds got against us tonight (3rd goal?).

I think there was a thread about how having an effective 4th line can change your game.. that's why I've also been arguing that Johnson should be on the fourth.

Now I agree wholeheartedly with ya on all those points!

And the 4th with Johnson makes alot of sense I will thinkabout that and see how and if it would work on the 4th line thread... ;)

When Kovalev comes back this team will be better teams without depth can not do well in the playoffs. His injury will make sure he is rested come playoff time. Please guys do not forget how well he played against Boston, Tampa and Carolina. He has done a lot for this team sure he he may not be there all the time but I have faitth in him and he sure as hell helps the power play no matter what anyone else may think.

If he really was a cancer and that much of a negative influence BG would have got rid in the offseason, a la Ribs, etc. Make no doubt.

Skills beyond compare on the team. Has been playing injured. Scores consistently (remember points down across the board in the league...too many teams, too diluted), creates for other players, demands attention of the defense.

Some players play with desire that is not of the Darcy Tucker mold: it is there but not always paraded for the benefit opf cameras, fans, etc.

He is older and has had multiple surgeries, cannot perform as he once did. We are lucky to have him. He won't be around long and contributes.

I've noticed that the team chemistry has been better without Kovalev ; even his fellow Samsonov is playing better.

and people bashed me and even MODERATORS MODIFIED the title of my thread, where I announced Kov's injury as a good news...

get real people, Alex knows his shit. Never doubt Alex.

When Kovalev comes back this team will be better teams without depth can not do well in the playoffs. His injury will make sure he is rested come playoff time. Please guys do not forget how well he played against Boston, Tampa and Carolina. He has done a lot for this team sure he he may not be there all the time but I have faitth in him and he sure as hell helps the power play no matter what anyone else may think.

yup, he'll get the kick in the butt he needs...

Team is doing well WITHOUT HIM that's enough for him to wake up and play better when he comes back...

The Habs need Kovalev. He's the only 'game-breaker' we have - he can win one almost by himself. I'm not sure if it's happened yet this year, but if he can do it in the playoffs, it'll be worth putting up with his somewhat indifferent performance during the regular season.