Higgins-650K / Koivu-4.75M / Ryder-2.2M

Samsonov-3.5M / Plekanec-850K / Kovalev-4.5M

Perezhogin-630K / Steve Begin-645K / Latendresse-850K

Murray-575K / Lapierre-560K / Kostitsyn-800K

Komisarek-1.25M / Streit-600K

Dandenault-1.5M / Bouillon-1.875

Gorges-450K

Huet-3M / Halak-600K

Thats about 29.76 Million... roughly 18 million under where it should be next year

Markov and Souray should get about 4.5 a piece so theres half. And that leaves us 9 million for filling out the rest of the roster. Not bad but not great either... can somebody tell us why were paying Bouillon nearly 2 million?

:hlogo:

Gainey and everyone else panicked when he was heading to UFA last season.

We've got enough to re-sign both Souray and Markov though, easily. If budgeted at 10 million/yr for the pair, it leaves room to easily pick up a centre at 3-4 mil as well; since the cap is going up.

Higgins, Plekanec, Perezhogin will get raises...

What stings is Johnson and Bonk leaving. We've got to take atleast one of those 2 valuable players back. One look at that roster is enough to show that the forward depth is mediocre.

My best estimates for RFAs...

Higgins-650K / Koivu-4.75M / Ryder-2.2M

Samsonov-3.5M / Plekanec-850K / Kovalev-4.5M

Perezhogin-630K / Steve Begin-645K / Latendresse-850K

Murray-575K / Lapierre-560K / Kostitsyn-800K

Komisarek-1.25M / Streit-600K

Dandenault-1.5M / Bouillon-1.875

Gorges-450K

Huet-3M / Halak-600K

Thats about 29.76 Million... roughly 18 million under where it should be next year

Markov and Souray should get about 4.5 a piece so theres half. And that leaves us 9 million for filling out the rest of the roster. Not bad but not great either... can somebody tell us why were paying Bouillon nearly 2 million?

Since the draft ain't so great this summer, how's about this. Pair one of those 1st rounders with Samsonov, and use that money to re-sign Johnson or Bonk. I think they're pretty similar in salary, so you could sign both of them and still come out of it with $4-5 million in cap room.

A couple of fixes on the numbers. Begin is on the hook for 1.25M next year. Higgins currently makes more than 650k now. Ryder is always a bugger in arbitration, Dandy is signed through the 06-09 season at 1.75 each, Murray is already signed at 625k.

Going into the offseason, the following are restricted:

Ryder (current salary 2.2M)

Higgins (673K)

Perezhogin (627K)

Plekanec (450K)

Komisarek (947K)

Gorges (450K)

The following are unrestricted:

Bonk

Johnson

Downey

Niinimaa

Souray

Markov

Aebischer

Right now, the Habs have 22.5M committed to salary next season (without factoring in Kostitsyn and Lapierre, I'm not sure of their salaries, and I'm too lazy to look 'em up)

EDIT: One other thing to note, which I conveniently forget, is that it's the average of the salary (over the duration of the contract) that is the actual per year cap hit. Good example is Begin. He was signed for 3 years, 3M. However, his salary per year is actually 646k, 1.225M, 1.30M over those three years.

Edited by huzer

Well if the numbers are close to right i would like to see us resign Markov and Souray( I hear they want about 4Million apiece.. shelly might want a little more) then get a good winger and a 1st line centre, Gomez, Briere type.

One other thing to note, which I conveniently forget, is that it's the average of the salary (over the duration of the contract) that is the actual per year cap hit. Good example is Begin. He was signed for 3 years, 3M. However, his salary per year is actually 646k, 1.225M, 1.30M over those three years.

When calculating cap hits, they use the average of the whole contract in the NHL. At least that's what I've read on a couple sites.

Higgins and Plekanec will both be earning over a million dollars next season. They've both played big minutes. Higgins likely would be leading the team in goals if not for the injury and Plekanec's numbers don't show how much he has brought to the team. He has the highest +/- among our top line players.

Also, Habby, a number of you values are off: http://habsworld.net/article.php?id=1181

Im going to say this quickly...

Samsonov-Briere-Ryder(Blake?)

Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev

Johnson-Plekanec-Latendresse

Begin-Lapierre-Perezhogin(Hard hitting Checker)

Souray-Streit

Markov-Komisarek

Dandenault-Vaananen(Big hitting Dman)

Gorges

Huet-Halak/Danis

... this is possible. We may have more than enough money, sign Blake and trade Ryder and Perezhogin for a real bruiser.

This summer I believe both Ryder (difficult in negotiations) and Samsonov (in the final year of his deal) will be tradeable. Samsonov maybe not for the best return.

I think a Briere or Gomez or Smyth is essential preferably one of the centers to address our major weakness.

Sourray and Markov will be asking for more than 4 million each period. I don't know where you heard that but Sourray will probably be asking closer to 5.5M. Markov publicly said he wants to stay he could be more around 4.5.

I see Markov re-sigining and teh Habs going after another top 4 Dmen through UFA along with Briere or Gomez with Plex sliding to number 3 and Lapierre 4 on the depth chart.

I believe bob kept Souray as a sign of good faith. He believes he can sign Souray and I hope he does.

Bonk will be given an offer I think. Even though we are long on third line centers, Bonk has been exceptional this year. Perhaps Plekanec or Chipchura will be moved in the summer.

Gainey must be looking at a #1/#2 center for next year. If not we will be in the same place as this year.

Abby and Niinimaa had better be goners or I will :puke:

Higgins and Komisarek will get big raise.. I see Higgins getting 1 mil and Komi 1.5.

This summer I believe both Ryder (difficult in negotiations) and Samsonov (in the final year of his deal) will be tradeable. Samsonov maybe not for the best return.

I think a Briere or Gomez or Smyth is essential preferably one of the centers to address our major weakness.

Sourray and Markov will be asking for more than 4 million each period. I don't know where you heard that but Sourray will probably be asking closer to 5.5M. Markov publicly said he wants to stay he could be more around 4.5.

I see Markov re-sigining and teh Habs going after another top 4 Dmen through UFA along with Briere or Gomez with Plex sliding to number 3 and Lapierre 4 on the depth chart.

Smyth is a winger, left wing to be precise. But he is definitely at the top of my list of UFAs not currently on the team. At 12:01 am, July 1, Don Meehan's agent gets a fax with an offet to Smyth.

I'm pretty sure that Ryder used his arbitration eligibility last season. Even though he signed before his hearing, he still filed, and you only get one kick at that can.

I'm pretty sure that Ryder used his arbitration eligibility last season. Even though he signed before his hearing, he still filed, and you only get one kick at that can.

Really? so he will have to accept or reject what we offer him... but no arb! interesting.

Ryder 4 Mil for 2 years and trade him!