Carbonneau Takes Shot At Media

JMMR

Carbonneau organized a little contest in the practice today and organised a skating race by the players nations say the Russians were together, Americans, Quebeckers, Fins, etc. Like in the All-Stars skills contest... Funny stuff, good job Carbo and take take journalists.

Per CKAC & LaPresse, RDS.

Link: http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/224757.html

Way to go Carbo! Maybe that will give the tabloid-oriented media in Quebec something new to write about. ;-)

The interview with Begin afterwards was pretty funny. The reporters asked him "What was that all about, with everybody skating in groups according to countries?" Begin's answer: "Huh? J'ai-tu manqué quelque-chose? J'ai pas remarqué ça."

Who won? :D

Have we tried making lines according to nationality?

Send out the Russians, then the Finns then the French who am I missing?? :rolleyes:

Would not work well.

The Habs are the UN of the NHL.

Well maybe in the off season we can change that through trades UFA's etc... Get 5 man units (from different countries... :D ) have them live together, travel together and play together........then all we'd need is 6-7 different dressing rooms for each 5 man unit......... :rolleyes:

Very, VERY nice coaching move. Sends all the right signals, keeps the team loose, and maybe even turns a possible source of friction in the dressing room into a friendly competition. :hlogo: There may be hope for this Carbo guy yet (now can we PLEASE go to a two-man forecheck??)

Ainsi à tour de rôle ont défilé les Russes Kovalev, Andreï Markov, Sergeï Samsonov et Andreï Kostitsyn, les tchèques et slovaque Radek Bonk, Tomas Plekanec et Jaroslav Halak, les Suisses David Aebischer et Mark Streit, les Finlandais Saku Koivu et Janne Niinimaa, les Américains Mike Komisarek et Christopher Higgins, les Québécois francophones Mathieu Dandenault, Francis Bouillon, Guillaume Latendresse, Maxim Lapierre et Steve Bégin, ainsi que les canadiens anglophones Michael Ryder, Sheldon Souray, Josh Gorges, Mike Johnson, Garth Murray et Michael Leighton.

Kovy, Markov, Samsonov and Kostityn

vs

Koivu and Ninimaa

vs

Higgins and Komisarek

vs

Dandenault, Bouillon, Latendresse, Lapierre and Begin

vs

Ryder, Souray, Johnson, Murray

Hmmm. The Russians win on skill, with the English Canadians not too far back...the Quebecers have the heart...the Finns and the USA, just not enough depth :D

Very, VERY nice coaching move. Sends all the right signals, keeps the team loose, and maybe even turns a possible source of friction in the dressing room into a friendly competition. :hlogo: There may be hope for this Carbo guy yet (now can we PLEASE go to a two-man forecheck??)

Ainsi à tour de rôle ont défilé les Russes Kovalev, Andreï Markov, Sergeï Samsonov et Andreï Kostitsyn, les tchèques et slovaque Radek Bonk, Tomas Plekanec et Jaroslav Halak, les Suisses David Aebischer et Mark Streit, les Finlandais Saku Koivu et Janne Niinimaa, les Américains Mike Komisarek et Christopher Higgins, les Québécois francophones Mathieu Dandenault, Francis Bouillon, Guillaume Latendresse, Maxim Lapierre et Steve Bégin, ainsi que les canadiens anglophones Michael Ryder, Sheldon Souray, Josh Gorges, Mike Johnson, Garth Murray et Michael Leighton.

Kovy, Markov, Samsonov and Kostityn

vs

Koivu and Ninimaa

vs

Higgins and Komisarek

vs

Dandenault, Bouillon, Latendresse, Lapierre and Begin

vs

Ryder, Souray, Johnson, Murray

Hmmm. The Russians win on skill, with the English Canadians not too far back...the Quebecers have the heart...the Finns and the USA, just not enough depth :D

You forgot the Czechs and Swiss! :P

But yeah, I totally agree that this was a great idea from a dressing room standpoint. As for what kenadien said, I think that could be an interesting concept, although I doubt it would ever happen, as line-shuffling is bound to happen at one time or another. Nonetheless, a team that fosters a type of military camaraderie would be very formidable, or at least in my opinion.

I'm glad to hear we're taking advantage of the break to perhaps clear the air, and build some team spirit.

I sure hope it helps.

Bouillon should have been listed with the New Yorkers, not the Quebeckers but ah well. Good idea. :)

The interview with Begin afterwards was pretty funny. The reporters asked him "What was that all about, with everybody skating in groups according to countries?" Begin's answer: "Huh? J'ai-tu manqué quelque-chose? J'ai pas remarqué ça."

Translation, s'il vous plait. My French is not only horribly bad, it's also terribly rusty.

Translation, s'il vous plait. My French is not only horribly bad, it's also terribly rusty.

"Huh? Did I miss something? I hadn't realized that."