Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Bruins | 03/22/07

Spider-Man NL

Well only a few good notes on that period.

2. Kovalev's diving effort to get the puck out of the zone on the PK

I was like, "WOW! A defensive move by Kovy. Great stuff!" Then, I realized that Kovy might have been trying to tip the puck towards Kostitsyn who was seconds from exiting the box, lol. If that was the case, good thinking, bad timing. :P

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Why was Kovalev not on the 5 on 3?

It was only 10 or so seconds anyways. He winded up playing the next shift, on the 5-on-4.

I'll give Niinimaa the benefit of the doubt on that last goal. He was almost high point and tried to clear it. It was poked away by blocking sticks. As a D in strategy, it's better than him putting it back into our zone. PLAY THE BLUELINE! As a D, if you stand up on the blueline it is your partners and forward backcheckers responsibility to get back. Lapierre is suspect but he'll make up for it. Bouillon is getting on my nerves again and that is bad news.

Kosty continues to impress. The penalty is totally forgiveable. Mostly a makeup by the refs really. It's not like he hasn't drawn enough :clap:

The guys have got to shift it into 2nd gear now. Could this be slow starters again? I think so. Look for the Habs to come out strong now.

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

I was like, "WOW! A defensive move by Kovy. Great stuff!" Then, I realized that Kovy might have been trying to tip the puck towards Kostitsyn who was seconds from exiting the box, lol. If that was the case, good thinking, bad timing. :P

Check the sim results. Who's laughing now? :P Naslund played on the 3rd.

This team sucks because they have no coach! They are never prepared for any game...no urgency. What the hell does that useless tit Carbo talk to them about...their sex life.

I think we need to face the facts.. this is not a team that is playing together. Most of them look like they don't give a shit anymore.

Even if by some miracle they make they playoffs, they won't suddenly be awesome. I think they will be blown out. I mean if they can't get up for these last 9 games to make the playoffs, why should we believe they can step it up in the playoffs.

Boston looks like they care. They at least have some pride.

You guys are SURPRISED to find this team coming out flat? :huh:

The only surprise is that they put together three strong outings in a row. Phew, everything's back to normal.

Even if by some miracle they make they playoffs, they won't suddenly be awesome. I think they will be blown out. I mean if they can't get up for these last 9 games to make the playoffs, why should we believe they can step it up in the playoffs.

That may be the most sensible post on this board in some time... :(