Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Bruins | 03/22/07

Spider-Man NL

It seems to me that the sun, moon and stars are finally alining, giving this team the necessary supernatural push it needs to creep into the playoffs.

As cliche as it sounds, all it takes is to take it one game at a time. Look within your inner soul and convince yourself that you want (and rightfully deserve) to win this game more than your opponent. The youth seems to be reminding the vets how much fun playing hockey can really be. Their cockiness, explosiveness and lack of fear reminds me of the 86' Habs. That doesn't mean that I expect them to win the cup, but at least it makes for some interesting and inspiring hockey.

Although this clip isn't from 1986, (it's from 1987) I think most of you old enough to remember it will enjoy it. For those of you that are a little younger, know for once and for all, that the Big Bad Bruins have always been and will always be our Bitches...

Habs-Bruins 87' Playoffs

:hlogo: GO HABS GO :hlogo:

Do you know the date of that game?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big game tonight... With the matchups the other teams were fighting in the playoff race have tonight, a win here could move us into the 8th spot. Here's hoping Halak continues to shine!

Do you know the date of that game?

If I am not mistaken....it was game 2 of the Adams Division Semifinal played on April 9th 1987.

Habs won that series 4-0, when on to play the Nordiques in the Adams Final, beat them in 7 games after going down 0-2 in the series.

They eventually lost in the Wales Conf. Finals to the Flyers in six games. That was Hextall's rookie season, during which he won the Conn Smyth Trophy as the losing goalie....

If I am not mistaken....it was game 2 of the Adams Division Semifinal played on April 9th 1987.

Habs won that series 4-0, when on to play the Nordiques in the Adams Final, beat them in 7 games after going down 0-2 in the series.

They eventually lost in the Wales Conf. Finals to the Flyers in six games. That was Hextall's rookie season, during which he won the Conn Smyth Trophy as the losing goalie....

ALL 100% correct.

My feeling is tonight the Habs hop over the Laffs, who will proceed to lose two to the Slugs and will never catch up afterwards.

Meanwhile, Ovechkin and Co will do what they did last year: give us some help by winning, and Sid will also help us...

this, the hockey gods compel!

am I delusional, feverish, demented?

probably...

but tonight we will see if really this Habs team is serious about getting into the driver's seat for a final push. Let's see the captain score some goals, let's see Bonk and Pleks do some damage, and how about Ryder finding the back of the net?

Halak is going to need some support, and we should keep those Bruins busy at their end.

welcome aboard patrik

nice picture wadna shefchena (sorry for the spelling, my polish isn't up to date !!) :D

I got up too late for last game so i'll put my alarm at the highest for 5pm tonight..there's no way i'm missing this one !!

Hello! Thank you. I have some sigs in this style ;)

halakmf7.jpg

...who will proceed to lose two to the Slugs and will never catch up afterwards....

I love it too. Leaf fans must be palpitating right now. A split ISN'T good enough and asking the Laughs to achieve 4 points in back to back against the Slugs is humourous.

Having said that there is no room for splitting our series with the B's. Tonight is another MUST. Are there any NON-MUSTS? I think not.

Go Habs Go !!

My feeling is tonight the Habs hop over the Laffs, who will proceed to lose two to the Slugs and will never catch up afterwards.

Meanwhile, Ovechkin and Co will do what they did last year: give us some help by winning, and Sid will also help us...

this, the hockey gods compel!

am I delusional, feverish, demented?

probably...

but tonight we will see if really this Habs team is serious about getting into the driver's seat for a final push. Let's see the captain score some goals, let's see Bonk and Pleks do some damage, and how about Ryder finding the back of the net?

Halak is going to need some support, and we should keep those Bruins busy at their end.

Welcome to the board. Like that avatar 73. A young Michael Ryder?

The Bruins will be ready to play, and I expect them to come out flying.

Play hard for 60'!

Go :hlogo: go!

April 9th was also the day Koivu came back from Cancer in 01 and clinched a playoff spot with a win over the Sens.

Saw short footage from that comeback during a Michael Farber reportage on Koivu (PET-scan) last week.

_retourkoivu23.jpg

Still get goosebumps every time I see that footage. Magnifique.

:hlogo:

... and exactly on my 17th birthday. (Yes, I'm old.)

still just a young pup, son....

Uneasy feeling beginning. Anticipation starting to emerge.

Get out there and stick 'em! - F*** 'em! - Ch****, Pop Em' Let's go now ! - Come on! - Come on! - Let's go, now. - We need this win. We've a lot of losses... - Yeah, we've a lot f***ing losses!

That's what we're here for, guys. To win.

Play heads-up out there.

Let's be smart.

POUND FOR POUND WE'RE BETTER THAN ANY F***ING TEAM IN THE LEAGUE!

April 9th was also the day Koivu came back from Cancer in 01 and clinched a playoff spot with a win over the Sens.

I jave that game on a tape. still gets me, especially when Ruvet scores on PP and runs to the bench and jumps in koivu's harms !!

I jave that game on a tape. still gets me, especially when Ruvet scores on PP and runs to the bench and jumps in koivu's harms !!

The moment Koivu stepped out on the ice.. priceless.

:hlogo: