Who will be leaving?

Bonk or Johnson : gone the other stays for 1 year (hope it will be bonk)

Markov : sign a 4 year deal

Souray : 50/50

Abby : Gone with the wind

Murray : The very last one i want to see with the team next year

Samsonov : Gone however somebody wants

Ryder : I'd keep him

Niinimaa : gone if souray sign, here if he don't

Leaving:

Aebischer

Bonk

Johnson

Niinimaa

Samsonov (bought out/dumped for a 5th round pick)

Souray (unfortunately)

Coming/staying:

Halak

Markov

Milroy/Chipchura/Ferland

Datsyuk/whomever

Dman to replace Souray

I have a feeling Gainey will let Johnson and Bonk go to make room for Milroy or Chipchura (or Ferland) and to give us the cap room to bring in a star #1 centre and to replace Souray (who I am afraid is leaving).

Why get Datsuyk + a young center? Koivu, Plex, Lapierre and Datsyuk would be awesome and enough... Anyway, i don't want to see Milroy with the team and not Chipchura next year. Let's get him few more years to take Bonk's place...

I agree.

With two years under our belt in the newNHL it now seems apparant according to our stats

during those years that we have not fully commited our team to play a style to take advantage

of the new rules in the league.

Our resistance to forecheck fully as kept us from being nowhere near being a dangerous team when

5-on-5 which has further erode our chances of scorings by making us a team with one of the fewest

penaltys being taking against in the league.

Our next season could be line-up with more speed and more scoring talents than our previous season did

and pretty much any team out there.

Ryder, Koivu, Kovalev

Higgins, Briere, Kostsitsyn

Perezhogin, Plekanec, Latendresse

Begin, Garbovski, Lapierre

This team will have no problem outscoring most team at even-strenght and their speed would have other

teams hooking us like crasy........keeping Souray and adding another right handed player

to our PP (Briere) will assure our team the most efficient power play in the league.

Plekanec could join Begin and Lapierre for the rare games were a checking line would be needed.

Keeping Souray means keeping size and a physical presence, leadership and scoring prowess......

hopefully it's possible to keep him, Markov and to get Briere in.

Some of the money will be saved by the letting go of Bonk, Johnson, Aebisher, Niinima, 2 third of Samsonov salary can be saved next season, keeping Murray in the AHL wont go against the cap and using

22 regulards instead of 23 and even 21 for that matter would save more money....... lets take advantage of our versatile Streit and Dandenault which can play forwards when injurie occurs.

Markov, Souray, Bouillon, Komisarek, Dandenault, Streit, Gorges

Huet, Halack

I would like the team to move forward offensivelly......this line-up is young but fast and skilled and would have no problem to shine in the league. I also wouldn'mind if Gainey shakes up Kovalev or something else......

why in the world would you want Grabovski playing with Begin and lapierre?? If this could is going to succeed he HAS to play with guys that can play offense.

What i would like to see is the following:

1) Markov is a must to resign, all signals point to this from what i have read.

2) Souray, would be great if he could be resigned, great threat on the PP, gritty and a team leader, tough to replace even with his odd defensive lapse

3) Johnson, underated checker who can put up some points, would love for him to be resigned

4) Bonk, would like him to stay at a reduced salary, strong checking center, might have to be let go if a top line center can be signed

5) Ninimaa, only cheap as defensive depth

6) Abby, there is no way he should be back

7) Sammy, one year left on the contract, looks like he won't work out and there are plenty of young guns ready to take his place, hope somehow Gainey can ship him out

Even if we can't ship Sammy out, we should do what Lamarillo did with Mogilny, ship his sorry ass down to the minors and let him rot. At least that way his salary won't count against the cap.

why in the world would you want Grabovski playing with Begin and lapierre?? If this could is going to succeed he HAS to play with guys that can play offense.

Even if we can't ship Sammy out, we should do what Lamarillo did with Mogilny, ship his sorry ass down to the minors and let him rot. At least that way his salary won't count against the cap.

I agree about Grabs, I'd rather see him as the #1 centre in Hamilton and the first guy to be called up if injuries occur.

I'd keep Johnson and let Bonk go, reason being I think we need one of them and I think Johnson will be the cheaper of the two. As for Sammy, DEFINITELY let him go however (trade, minors, buyout, whatever)...

The rest, I'm not too sure about.

I'd keep Johnson and let Bonk go, reason being I think we need one of them and I think Johnson will be the cheaper of the two. As for Sammy, DEFINITELY let him go however (trade, minors, buyout, whatever)...

The rest, I'm not too sure about.

We need a centre man though... unless we get Briere or calll up Grabovski, but thats unlikely

Gone

Abby, Niniimaa, Samsonov (one way or another, could be a buyout)

Bonk and Johnson were guys BG went out and got and they performed- best +/- players on the team. At least one of them, and likely both, will get decent offers from the habs. Kovaleve tested FA before signing with us, these two could do the same. It is FAR too early to write them off as gone, but if someone offers them a big raise, BG won't get into a bidding war.

Souray's situation is similar, except that obviously he's going to get a very big raise indeed. One of the things the new NHL has shown, though, is that whenever a player moves there is a real chance he will not find the fit he had at his old team. If Souray is targeted by another team like Chara was by Boston, say someone offers him ballpark 6 mil, then he's gone. Otherwise there's a 50/50 chance he'll stay.

Markov is staying. ALL of the RFAs are staying, including Ryder. Huet and Halak will be the goalies. Price will start in the A.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Johnson is gone for sure. We're loaded on the wings and Perezhogin can already do his job.. so could Milroy.. and Ferland.. I'd love to see Bonk back, but I'm not sure he'll be back (unless he takes a pay cut)

Why Grabovski on the 4th line next year ?

Simply because the team would be better with him than without him,....the fourth line for me is just

another occasion to outscore the opposing team an order to win games......if you join a multitalented

offensive player like Garbs to a physically dynamic duo like Begin and Lapierre you can get an

important offensive contribution throughout a season.......the like of which we are getting lately with Kovalev complementing them.

It's clear, our offensive production at even-strength is statistically about the worst there is in the league this year......we have not improved on our main weakness from last season and we might miss the play-offs altogether as a consequence......we are not going anywhere unless this situation get dramatically altered.

Since we dont have a couple of 40+ goals scorer in our roster it is of paramount importance to get as much

offensive capable players in our depth lines in order to get the team above the scoring deficiency it still has.

The good news is that we have such players in our organisation ready to contribute offensivelly in the '' rolling the four lines system '' used in Montreal.

Since they were brought up from the farm team players like Roy and Pominville have been important scoring contributor to the Buffalo's depth lines......those players might one day be playing the top lines in BUFF but in the meantime they provide the scoring depth that is required for their team to be a champion.

Grabovski might well replace Koivu playing the top lines at the end of his contract in two years but in the mean time I cant see a better addition to our depth lines that could contributed has efficiently as himself.....

Lapierre is 21,...Latendresse is 19....Grabovski is 23.....let's get the guy up for god's sake.