Martin Luther King would be so proud

Pierre the Great

A recent article in Maclean's has helped prompt the city government to look at new ways of providing better housing to residents.Also, It has spurred renewed discussion of establishing Regina's first urban reserve inside North Central, in association with the Piapot Cree Nation. Several years ago, the City of Regina negotiated a servicing agreement with the Nekaneet First Nation to establish an urban reserve in the northeast Industrial Area. The reserve has not yet been approved by the federal government.

got that off of wikipedia. Don't know if its true but if it is then this is great news for the North Central poverty stricken area.

See here in Saint Louis if somebody does anything negative about North Saint Louis, Francis Slay and his buddies at city hall do a hissy fit and say the article is completely false.

If the city of Regina is spurred into action because of the Maclean's article then, this is good news.

Every country does, there are now neighbourhoods like that in Toronto, and areas of NDG in Montreal that you do not want to be walking in at night, or even during the day.

Show me 1 picture of NDG that is similar to the pictures posted about St-Louis. MTL is my home town and I have never seen anything like that. Some parts of NDG are dangerous, but lets not trivalize what is going on in St-Louis, or many other US towns.

A recent article in Maclean's has helped prompt the city government to look at new ways of providing better housing to residents.Also, It has spurred renewed discussion of establishing Regina's first urban reserve inside North Central, in association with the Piapot Cree Nation. Several years ago, the City of Regina negotiated a servicing agreement with the Nekaneet First Nation to establish an urban reserve in the northeast Industrial Area. The reserve has not yet been approved by the federal government.

got that off of wikipedia. Don't know if its true but if it is then this is great news for the North Central poverty stricken area.

See here in Saint Louis if somebody does anything negative about North Saint Louis, Francis Slay and his buddies at city hall do a hissy fit and say the article is completely false.

If the city of Regina is spurred into action because of the Maclean's article then, this is good news.

we'll see...

easier said than done, these things...

i agree with you but i've seen a few examples of efforts of downtown revitalization and the successes have been more or less (more less, really) achieved...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Show me 1 picture of NDG that is similar to the pictures posted about St-Louis. MTL is my home town and I have never seen anything like that. Some parts of NDG are dangerous, but lets not trivalize what is going on in St-Louis, or many other US towns.

Only places I've seen that remind me of North Saint Louis are old Eastern Germany towns before the fall of the wall, when they still had bombed out buildings and such, Sarajevo.

There is a town by the airport that was pretty much lawless for about 20 years. The cops and city officials were corrupt and a bunch of illegal activities went on in the little town called Kinloch. Now when you drive by it, the streets aren't paved, trees are over grown, maybe about 500 people live there now when it used to be a 10,000 person city. Its a ghost town.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinloch%2C_Missouri

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellston%2C_Missouri

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Lawn

Just look at the poverty line: Biggest key in my opinion

East Saint Louis - pop: 31,542

per capita income- $11,169

31.8% below the poverty line

48.6% are children

Kinloch pop: 449

per capita: $8,798

58.5% below the poverty line

82.9% are children

Pine Lawn pop: 4,204

per capita: $11,908

36.9% below the poverty line

54.5% are children

Wellston pop: 2,460

per capita: $8,262

39.1% below the poverty line

50.1% are children

washington Park: pop: 5,345

per capita: $8,495

44.8% below the poverty line

54.9% are children

Centreville: pop: 5,951

per capita: $11,150

34.4% below the poverty line

48.4% are children

Brooklyn: pop: 676

per capita: $7,944

48.5% below the poverty line

33.5% are children

It's lost half its population over 40 years, of course there's going to be many abandoned lots and buildings.

I've got ton of ideas for Vancouver's downtown eastside.

We need to fix our own problems first before going off to preach to other countries on how to run a country.

Based on the first sentence (and your oft-mentioned plans to come to Canada), I assume sentence #2 doesn't apply to you?

:rolleyes:

Yeah, they've been on the news off and on for a few years. One of the few groups who brings criticism from both liberals and conservatives, and it's obvious why. I've said it before and I'll say it again, extremist radicals of any kinds are not a good thing.