Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Rangers de New York | 04/05/07

Spider-Man NL

Just cracked a beer, it's time to sit back and enjoy our 3rd period comeback. There is now way that they can play like this in the 3rd. They will come out flying and get the W. Get out the popcorn and enjoy fellas!!!

amen... popped open my Sam Adams Black Lager (Harpoon is better but, alas, not available in Indiana)

GO HABS GO

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are simple fact, simple logic....I would never give up or stop cheering the team on, but Carbo is simply being outcoached. Period.

that description is much more appropriate... that carbonneau is being outcoached...

to say that he's an idiot isn't a 'simple fact' even if it is 'simple' or even simplistic logic...

GO :hlogo: GO!

That's why I'm a wild man right now. If we played at 50% or played below our means in the first 40 then I submit we don't deserve spit.

THIS IS IT HABS. They know this is it and all they can do is poop the bed?

HELLO?

boy... that's pretty shitty

Carbo seems to coach with Strat-O-Matic in mind. He doesn't seem to forgive 'lesser' players anything, and his line changes - multiple during games, never mind game-to-game, break any hope of rythm. Moving cut-out players freely, as often as you like, blowing in the wind. Conversely, he might have felt burned by sticking with the Kovy-Samsonov line for so long without results. I really want him to succeed, maybe next year after taking some summer classes.

He really seems like a rookie. Dany Dube is talking about that now, veiled criticism of Carbo.

I can not believe the negativity. So we're losing 3-0 The leafs lost 7-2 the other night. Now we can't beat them because we're losing one game? Come on people show some faith. Saturdays game will be a tough battle it always is when we play the leafs. Why is it any diferent now?

Wow, shocking that this board would have negativity.

Montreal plays .700 hockey for the first 3 months and has a 9 point lead on the Leafs in February.

They follow it with .350 hockey for 2 months, have a chance to clinch tonight, do not show up with any passion and find themselves down 3-0 going into the 3rd period.

All this while watching the Leafs losing knowing that a point will lock up a playoff spot. Add to the fact that they may have to play the team that they had a 9 point lead on in a 1 game showdown for a playoff spot on Saturday night when they have been outscored 9-2 on their last 2 visits to Toronto.

I guess I should just be happy we have a chance to make the playoffs

That's why I'm a wild man right now. If we played at 50% or played below our means in the first 40 then I submit we don't deserve spit.

THIS IS IT HABS. They know this is it and all they can do is poop the bed?

HELLO?

I totally understand the sentiment, but I somewhat disagree.

If the habs win this game they will have deserved it. The final score is tabulated at 60 (65?) minutes. Nothing is over until it is over. Scoreboards don't have a section for comments.

Even better news

hmmm............. sarcasm?

amen... popped open my Sam Adams Black Lager (Harpoon is better but, alas, not available in Indiana)

GO HABS GO

I am enjoying a Labatt Blue from Canada (it is rare since I live in the US). My stash is low but I figured that tonight is as good a night as any to treat myself. This comeback will be spectacular.

GO HABS GO !!!!!!!!!!!

crap

interesting a

GO :hlogo: GO!vatar...

Seriously if we continue to play like this (in a must win game) and can't get motivated; does anyone think IF we get into the playoffs we are going to play with more intensity/urgency?

hmmm............. sarcasm?

When you look at a situation and project worse case scenario's and then you sit and watch for 3 months as the worst case scenario plays itself out. I am lucky I am not a screaming lunatic on this board.

They stunk just enough to have to play a 1 game playoff to get in to the playoffs.

1 extra game to OT, 1 Shootout win, anything...nope. They do just enough to leave the door open a crack for the EFFING LEAFS to have a chance!

######ing right I am pissed off!